Perfect Storm for Pead tonight?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm considering starting Pead tonight on my FF team.

After a trade I have a flex position (RB, WR, or TE) open and no surefire player to fill it.

Here's why I'm thinking Pead:

1) Rams need a running game in a big way.

2) Pead has the raw talents to be a good or even great RB IMHO and Fisher seems to believe in him.

3) They need better production than what DR is giving and Pead seems like the only viable answer at this time.

4) Pead is a running and passing threat.

5) Richardson might be playing dinged up.

6) San Fran SUCKS at run defense so far this season (29th) and they could be pretty preoccupied with the FSOT if the O line holds.

7) With last week's... you know... and being home and against a rival and a division opponent, the Rams may come into this like a steam locomotive.

Am I being a Homer wanting to start a Ram and talking myself into it or is this a perfect storm and worthy of a shot? Does this make sense to anyone else?

This is a PPY league that scores the same for run or receiving.

Other options:

Ronnie Hillman - DEN vs PHI
Jason Avant - PFI @ DEN
Leonard Hankerson - WAS @ OAK
Dexter McCluster - KC vs NYG

Best advice gets my NEW bouncy with no butter face!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd take Pead there ,I think his combined yardage should make you some points, but FWIW ....I want my bounce, I want my bounce I want my bounce,and I want it now

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
It's now or never for Isaiah Pead.
For you I suppose it might be, but IMO he has at least till the end of the season,I mean he isn't getting arrested ,missing team meetings, being a distraction, he just isn't performing as well as was hoped when he was drafted, but since his contract is guaranteed for the year now I think his play won't get him cut.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thordaddy said:
Angry Ram said:
For you I suppose it might be, but IMO he has at least till the end of the season,I mean he isn't getting arrested ,missing team meetings, being a distraction, he just isn't performing as well as was hoped when he was drafted, but since his contract is guaranteed for the year now I think his play won't get him cut.

Well, yeah, I think everyone knows my feelings about him by now. And yes, it's true he doesn't have off the field problems, but sometimes players just don't make it in the NFL.

Does he have to the end of the year, yes, and I sure as hell want him to be a stud. But so far @ a position where pretty much every team has a decent RB at worst, he's just not cutting it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Play Pead. Let your inner homerism shine through. Now where's my NBFB?

jap

Legend
I just want to see these guys play some clean, level-headed ball. They have to know that San Fran is not a team you can make bone-headed plays against and expect to win. Stuff Gore repeatedly by meeting him at his low center of gravity to negate the leverage he normally gets against defenders when he runs low. Force Kaepernick to try to beat us with his damaged receiving crew.

On offense get the ball to Tavon, Isaiah, and Chris in space where they can use their running skills to gain significant YAC. (Both Tavon and Chris are ex-RB's). Control the LOS with strong run blocking to make the rush game a factor early on, forcing the Frisco D to crowd the box and opening things up for the receivers downtown.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I just don't see it. I think Pead stinks. My guess is that I'm in the majority of people. No one even owns him in my FF league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
I just don't see it. I think Pead stinks. My guess is that I'm in the majority of people. No one even owns him in my FF league.
Even if you are, it doesn't mean there aren't people who think he'll eventually come along. And fantasy football isn't a great barometer for who's a good back and who isn't. Particularly on teams that take a committee approach to running the ball.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
Angry Ram said:

Well, yeah, I think everyone knows my feelings about him by now. And yes, it's true he doesn't have off the field problems, but sometimes players just don't make it in the NFL.

Does he have to the end of the year, yes, and I sure as hell want him to be a stud. But so far @ a position where pretty much every team has a decent RB at worst, he's just not cutting it.

FWIW Angry I'd agree that his opportunities are dwindling, and it's "Now or When?" and if it ain't NOW the WHEN is gonna keep bein' asked .

My thesis on Pead remains put him in let him know he's staying in for the whole possession let him find a rhythm, we've never seen the kid allowed to settle in. I won't get on his case until I've seen him given an adequate opportunity to succeed ,sure we all have different definitions of that, mine hasn't been met yet.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:

Of all leagues on NFL.com he is 61% owned. I know that 61% off FF players aren't Rams fans (yet!). That's a big statement with DR leading in carries. So, I would disagree that the majority thinks he stinks.

He's definitely a big question mark. I LOVE big question marks. Do I grab 2 or 3 and see if anything grows or just grab the dregs and live with no upside?

My bet is IF he's going to emerge, tonight's the night. If Fish gives him 15+ carries, he could emerge this season as a sleeper steal. If not, I throw him back.

However, FF aside, there is no doubt in my mind he has the raw talent. JMHO. We'll see.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pead busy with the gatorade bottles tonight?