People call Jeff Fisher teams dirty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clay Matthews is fricken dirty if anybody is dirty and all they do is say how "aggressive" he is or that he has a "high motor". So, our Rams just have a high motor gang of guys that are aggressive! Nothing dirty about them!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Rams are Big Meanies.

Here's a great shot of one of those "people".

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
McCown took himself out of the game. He ran smack into a concrete wall earlier in the game, and when he got dumped later in the game on his shoulder it just compounded it. We're not dirty.... but I think there seems to be a LOT of smack talk from Rams, esp from Tree.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher's teams in TN were dirty... I'll never forget that scrimmage against the Rams after we beat them in the SB.

My feeling is the Rams were dirty the first few years under Fisher... we led the league in personal fouls.

This year feels different, though. It doesn't look like we've had one personal foul this year (check me on that).

This year:
Clearly, they play hard. But, it's clean as far as I can see.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Clay Matthews speared Nick Foles in the chest but nobody calls him dirty.
I promise if it was Robert Quinn doing it to Aaron Rodgers we'd never hear the end of it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We're dirtier than 2 girls 1 cup eating chocolate ice cream afterward.

I love it. Call us whatever you want, so long as we keep on kicking ass and taking names.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The Rams are no more dirty than the Ravens were and are less dirty than the Marvin Harrison led Steelers were. The Rams hit hard. They fly to the ball but they haven't been getting flagged for illegal hits. Guys like Harrison used to get fined for them regularly.

However fans from other teams want to think they have been cheated by dirty players when someone gets hurt or to explain away their hardships. I have had a conversation with two different Steelers fans and they both hate the Rams now for Barron's hit on Big Ben's knee. They say it was intentional, to take Ben out of the game. They didn't like that he was not fined or suspended for it. I said " Doesn't the fact that he was not fined or suspended tell you something?"

It's unreal how unrealistic people are. You can watch that clip over and over and it's obvious his momentum carried him into Ben. No way it was intended, Even Ben himself said that.

WvuIN02

Starter
I can tell you as also a Steelers fan, it has more to do with the double standard from Heir Goodelll than it has anything to do with the Rams. I dont think Barrons hit was malicious but here's the rub.

*IF* everything about that play happened exactly, and I mean exactly the same, and it was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning......you better bet your effing butt Barron would have been fined for violating the "Tom Brady rule". That has been a sore point for Steeler fans over the years, that the franchise QBs of a select couple teams who are the poster boys for the NFL play by a different set of rules. Brady literally looked and cried to the ref during a Ravens game and got him to throw the flag, I wish someone would break both of his legs.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
While I dont think the Rams are dirty, I can easily understand why one would say/think that. They definitely tip toe that line between extremely aggressive and dirty, but I dont think any of their players play with the intention of being dirty, nor do I think the coaches coach them that way. Its just the type of players they are, and the type of players/team Fisher and staff wanted to assemble. McDonald and Barron were always know as aggressive hitters, Tru and Jenkins are guys that are never afraid to come up and make a big hit. Mo Alexander was drafted because of his physicality. Even McLeod is a hard hitter. Like I said, its just the type of players they are and the type of D Fisher wanted, and when you have a bunch of hard hitting, aggressive players, you're gonna have those plays that teeter that line. So while we as Rams fans dont see them as dirty, it is easy to understand why others may view it as dirty

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The Rams play to the whistle! Not giving an inch is the way they are taught to play! Closest they came yesterday was when McCown was shoved out and he hit the wall!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Like the Panthers or the Hawks.

God not much pisses me off more than that damn double standard. Steve Smith talks a bunch of smack, tries to "get even" with other players, and even punches his own teammate. That gets labled as pride and toughness? WTF is that? And the shitchickens, with their legion of overrated bullshit. So the league on one hand pounds the player safety drum while on the other hand markets legion of overrated? And then O'Dell Beckham starts shit as well, then punches Bills players.

But no, the Rams are dirty.

Fuck that.