Penalty question...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
How in God's name do you have multiple false starts in your own building?

The real question is, what's the NFL average for home-team false starts per game? Anyone know?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
How in God's name do you have multiple false starts in your own building?

The real question is, what's the NFL average for home-team false starts per game? Anyone know?
Don't know! All a part of the crappy oline play yesterday, I suppose! All vets too!

Alan

Legend
You have multiple false starts when you're not pass blocking or run blocking as well as needed and you think you need to get a bigger edge.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Having a different QB hurts a bit - different cadence - different rhythms - but we know that isn't entirely it. This has been going on for years. YEARS.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Good damn question! And good observation that this is as veteran a group as we have so it cant be sluffed off as rookie mistakes.

Last edited:

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Here's one that I still don't understand. They called defensive illegal contact down field on Quick, but because the ball was all ready in the air they picked the flag up. So if the ball is in the air... Wouldn't it then be pass interference. Instead it's nothing? I truly do not understand that call... If someone has some insight, please enlighten me.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/false-start?year=2013

2013- Average overall 16.56 False Start penalties per team league wide
275 *at home*, 255 away.

So, counter-intuitive result of more at home. That's surprising.

Rams were actually less than average last year, 7 at home, 7 on road.
That's quite surprising. Thanks!

Still, though... roughly one per game on average, and we had 3 yesterday. That hurts a lot. That's the kind of shit that's demoralizing.

(Also getting a Minnesota false start called as a Chris Long offsides... bullshit)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Having a different QB hurts a bit - different cadence - different rhythms - but we know that isn't entirely it. This has been going on for years. YEARS.

I do think this has a lot to do with it. I saw a couple of the offensive linemen (Joseph and Barksdale) show some frustration and it was 'indirectly' pointed at Davis... They were looking at the sidelines with their hands up, shaking their heads... I think it had a lot to do with the different cadence and unfamiliarity with a different guy under center.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Still, though... roughly one per game on average, and we had 3 yesterday.
Yeah, only Dallas was worse due to the rule that any team playing the 49ers has to automatically shove their heads up their ass and let them win.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Here's one that I still don't understand. They called defensive illegal contact down field on Quick, but because the ball was all ready in the air they picked the flag up. So if the ball is in the air... Wouldn't it then be pass interference. Instead it's nothing? I truly do not understand that call... If someone has some insight, please enlighten me.
The only thing I could figure is that the ball was over thrown so far they deemed it uncatchable. For me it comes back to the zebras being too active in the game and wrs begging for penalties. There isn't a guy on that defense who could cover Quick yesterday, he should have had 20 targets and 2 or 3 TDs

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
The only thing I could figure is that the ball was over thrown so far they deemed it uncatchable. For me it comes back to the zebras being too active in the game and wrs begging for penalties. There isn't a guy on that defense who could cover Quick yesterday, he should have had 20 targets and 2 or 3 TDs

I think that was a real possibility if Hill stayed on the field