Pead was arrested last July

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/pead-was-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-texas-last-july/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... last-july/</a>
Pead was arrested for marijuana possession in Texas last July
Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2013, 6:24 PM EDT

The NFL, the Rams, and running back Isaiah Pead have danced around the specific reason for his one-game suspension for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.

The evidence points to a violation of the law, but no one has said what it was and where it happened.

So we decided to start poking around. And it really didn’t take much effort to get to the answer.

The website WhoIsArrested.com reveals that Isaiah D. Pead was arrested on July 7, 2012 in McKinney, Texas for possession of less than two ounces of marijuana. Though the arrest record lacks Pead’s date of birth, the middle initial and height/weight are the same, and the mugshot looks just like the Isaiah D. Pead who plays for the Rams.

Coach Jeff Fisher’s recent comments on the subject mesh with that time line.

“This was an incident that took place last summer, so we dealt with it at that point knowing that the league was probably going to follow up,” Fisher said.

A one-game suspension is the standard NFL-imposed punishment for marijuana possession. The implementation of the suspension means the case was resolved with something other than an exoneration of Pead.

It’s somewhat amazing that, in this era where Big Brother is pretty much everywhere and everyone, an arrest of a second-round NFL draft pick went completely unnoticed until the NFL meted out the internal discipline. It helps explain why Pead ended up buried on the depth chart in 2012, a rookie season he has called “miserable.”

Now we know for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lgt84a4.png

EastRam

Pro Bowler
albefree69 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/pead-was-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-texas-last-july/
Pead was arrested for marijuana possession in Texas last July
Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2013, 6:24 PM EDT

The NFL, the Rams, and running back Isaiah Pead have danced around the specific reason for his one-game suspension for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.

The evidence points to a violation of the law, but no one has said what it was and where it happened.

So we decided to start poking around. And it really didn’t take much effort to get to the answer.

The website WhoIsArrested.com reveals that Isaiah D. Pead was arrested on July 7, 2012 in McKinney, Texas for possession of less than two ounces of marijuana. Though the arrest record lacks Pead’s date of birth, the middle initial and height/weight are the same, and the mugshot looks just like the Isaiah D. Pead who plays for the Rams.

Coach Jeff Fisher’s recent comments on the subject mesh with that time line.

“This was an incident that took place last summer, so we dealt with it at that point knowing that the league was probably going to follow up,” Fisher said.

A one-game suspension is the standard NFL-imposed punishment for marijuana possession. The implementation of the suspension means the case was resolved with something other than an exoneration of Pead.

It’s somewhat amazing that, in this era where Big Brother is pretty much everywhere and everyone, an arrest of a second-round NFL draft pick went completely unnoticed until the NFL meted out the internal discipline. It helps explain why Pead ended up buried on the depth chart in 2012, a rookie season he has called “miserable.”

Now we know for sure.

And the blind ole fart gets the ROD scoop. No smileys needed

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've probably listened to 70% of all his "The Rest of the Story" programs. Great story teller and always the interesting twist at the end. He was great up to the day he died. Almost.

A55VA6

Legend
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whosarrested.com/texas/collin-county/mckinney/ccso/1532056-isaiah-d-pead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whosarrested.com/texas/colli ... iah-d-pead</a>

Just incase anyone wants to look.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
TH3 MAG1C C0NCH said:
http://www.whosarrested.com/texas/collin-county/mckinney/ccso/1532056-isaiah-d-pead

Just incase anyone wants to look.
Arrested on 7/7, supposed to be a lucky day...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So he was arrested but didn't test positive?
Really?
Howzat happen?

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
All politics of weed aside because I know it all...

I dont understand these kids I really don't smh.. Ha! and I say kids when im their freaking age.....I would give ANYTHING to be in their shoes and they cant even give up something they shouldn't be doing in the first place, and waaaaaay waaaaay more importantly in the position they are in? smh

Staying out of trouble (WHICH SHOULD BE SIMPLE!) VS his $4.038 million contract.....What is the logical choice?....I know what is for me...

ugh. I know this is old news but it pisses me off that these kids try to bash the great situation they are in for themselves, and in doing so hurting the team that I and many other spend alot of time and money on...

Time to grow up.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy queried:
So he was arrested but didn't test positive?
Really?
Howzat happen?

Possession.
Well you'd THINK if he had the stuff, he'd have smoked it Al.

Think he just liked the smell, bought it for his date ,or used a masking agent which is a violation of the substance abuse policy as well, es verdad?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy wondered:

Think he just liked the smell, bought it for his date ,or used a masking agent which is a violation of the substance abuse policy as well, es verdad?

Busted right after a purchase. Cops were probably watching the dealer.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy wondered:

Busted right after a purchase. Cops were probably watching the dealer.

You reading something else? cuz I don't see THAT in the article.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy wondered:

You reading something else? cuz I don't see THAT in the article.

By inference. There aren't very many different possible scenarios.

You know what Sherlock would say right?

'Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.'