Paul Mcroberts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
what did he do that you all are posting about, I stopped watching??

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh I thought he did something good. Someone posted "he's back on the team"

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Was he specifically told not call for fair catches and return every single punt? He even fielded one at the 4 yard line.

Oh well. It's preseason and he'll be cut.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like him, i dont think we will use him for punt returns anyway, but besides this 1 return he actually look good back there and he showed good hands.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I actually like him, i dont think we will use him for punt returns anyway, but besides this 1 return he actually look good back there and he showed good hands.
We finally saw a spark from him, and Thomas this week, although they still look like rookies. There is some talent there.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He knew he f'd that return prior to him instantly redeeming himself into a promising motivated WR. I saw disappointment, but saw determination to make it a positive attribute after a disappointing play.

Basically it comes down to motivation. The want of winning, and achieveing the same goals. This goes across thee entire spectrum of this Rams organization.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think he lands on the PS with Duke. Thomas may have snuck on the roster tonight.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
They gave him a shot at ST's..he failed miserably.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
He made a contested catch in the endzone. We need that on this team.

Psycho_X

Legend
He's got freakishly long arms and stride. If they can get lucky and hide him on the practice squad for a year he may be a hell of a threat eventually. He's obviously very raw though. But unlike Quick who has looked raw for 5 years now McRoberts actually fought for the ball when thrown his way and used his size to his advantage. Just don't have him return punts lol.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
He's got freakishly long arms and stride. If they can get lucky and hide him on the practice squad for a year he may be a hell of a threat eventually. He's obviously very raw though. But unlike Quick who has looked raw for 5 years now McRoberts actually fought for the ball when thrown his way and used his size to his advantage. Just don't have him return punts lol.

Very well said......

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He made a contested catch in the endzone. We need that on this team.

Probably made Groh happy. How many others noted Groh, in the latest episode of Hard Knocks, lamenting that nobody on the roster could make a contested catch?

bskrilla

Starter
Just don't have him return punts lol.

I worked with the athletic department at SEMO while he was there. He was put on punt returns like halfway through his senior year partly because someone got hurt, and partly to try to add some value to him for the draft. Unless he did it when he was in HS he had very little experience at the position and he doesn't have the burst/quickness you'd normally like to see in a PR. But he's a hell of a WR if given the chance.

Ram65

Legend
He looks fluid as a WR. Nice size and length. Made the limited catches he was given. I like him.

The muffed punt should/would be a fair catch. He probably should have yelled for players to stay away from the punt that hit Duke's foot. Not a big concern as he is learning.

Last edited:
I worked with the athletic department at SEMO while he was there. He was put on punt returns like halfway through his senior year partly because someone got hurt, and partly to try to add some value to him for the draft. Unless he did it when he was in HS he had very little experience at the position and he doesn't have the burst/quickness you'd normally like to see in a PR. But he's a hell of a WR if given the chance.

SEMO Alums!!

I agree. He shouldn't be judged off a botched punt return when he isn't going to be a punt returner. If you grade him as a WR, he has been great when they throw him the ball and he is open most of the time when the QBs are looking the other way.