Patterson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Could be, but I didn't see any actual tackles. I saw some whiffs, but not tackling. And who's to say Austin doesn't get past those defenders way before Patterson did? That aside, are you saying my point isn't valid here? Are we going to disagree about whether or not he would have been tackled while ignoring the fact that the play was designed to get the guy in extreme open space .... and did?
I'll agree that the play call and design were light years ahead of anything we've seen from Schotty. I still don't think Austin makes that many people miss(not without help) and believe that the first time anyone touched him, he'd go down.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
All of this Austin vs Patterson stuff is a waste of time. Why? Because if Austin was utilized properly he would be putting up good to great numbers and we wouldn't even care to compare him to Patterson regardless of which player's numbers were better. All we would care about is the fact that he is producing. The problem here is Schotty and his lack of imagination with the play calling. There are all kinds of ways to get Austin the ball in motion and for some reason Schotty doesn't seem to know how to do it. Along with these stupid ass penalties, our OC is the problem and both need to be fixed asap. Now I see what the damn fuss was all about in NY.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are varying levels of success. If the Rams continue to get that kind of return on their picks, they won't be winning the SB any time soon

Not even remotely true.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Didn't Austin get an end around or Jets sweep in this game. I'm pretty sure he did and got wrapped up by Anthony Barr. I think Patterson is better in a lot of areas(vision, YAC, jump ball, etc) then Austin but I do think your alls offense was a little vanilla which I think was because ofBBradford being out. Austin has a little more speed and is a little more shifty. They are both going to be great players.... I just hope Patterson is a little more great Haha :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Didn't Austin get an end around or Jets sweep in this game. I'm pretty sure he did and got wrapped up by Anthony Barr.
Yeah, but from my recollection, he had zero blockers ahead of him and nobody sealed the edge. Your guards get up field in a hurry.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
not only would we have saved that 2nd it cost to move to #8 but we could have traded back a few spots, gained a 2nd and still got Cordarrel. He would have instantly been the return man while he learned to WR. Yes Tavon is a baller but Cordarrel is a bigger stronger baller.

Athos

Legend
Wouldn't be surprising if they were targeting Patterson if they weren't able to make a trade up for Austin.

Me either. They were the two multiple weapon offense pieces in the draft. Still sucks though. Both Hopkins and Patterson sitting there ripe for picking at the tail end of the draft.

Imagine if we had drafted both. That probably would have meant no Ogletree, but still....