Patriots/Rams offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bill Belicheat claims that he knows nothing about air pressure in footballs, even though some reports are out there that he was angry that the Patriots had 27 fumbles last season and demanded a solution. QBs and runningbacks can hang onto a deflated ball better and it is more difficult to strip.

So, it sounds like he is setting this all up to pin it on Tom Brady. There was also speculation that the Patriots are very pleased with Jimmy Garapolo and ready to move on from Brady.

So does Bill pin this on Tom and getting him suspended from the SuperBowl and then in the offseason Brady parts ways?

I would hate to see Belicheat come away from this clean but if the consolation is that Brady comes out looking like a cheater then that consolation wouldn't be too hard to swallow.

Then if Brady becomes available Fisher goes after him to be their QB. I would take a QB with his talent in a hearbeat but man I would not like having to root for Brady after this cheating scheme.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Would be a tough pill to swallow I hate brady but once the games start up if we are winning I will forgive and forget.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
Would be a tough pill to swallow I hate brady but once the games start up if we are winning I will forgive and forget.

That about sums it up. While I tend to think this whole scenario is a bit out there, Brady would be good to rent for a year or two with the rest of the team being relatively complete.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
How could any decent human being root for that cheater? If he were to become a Ram, I would run, not walk away from my team. The Rams are the only team I have ever cared about in any sport, but I would be done forever. Any organization that would ever seek people out like that is beneath contempt!

That scumbag isn't going anywhere anyway. The league wants people like him and BB. It has become the WWE.

I am not watching the game this year, even though we are having our annual SB party. I really believe that I am not alone in not tolerating the way the NFL is doing business anymore. After another cheating conviction, a bunch of true football fans are going to turn their backs on this BS. Tom and Bill need to go.

rams2050

Starter
Who, in his right mind, would ever want that cheating piece of scum on our team? God, I hate his smug behavior and his whining and bitch-slapping (metaphorically speaking) of the refs to get penalty flags thrown. What a whining piece of shit!

And his horse-faced supermodel wife is too much, as well. A moat? Their freaking home actually had a MOAT??

"My Tommy can't throw the ball and catch it, too," she said, pitching poor Wes Welker right under the bus.

Yikes! They are trash, nothing less. If the Rams were to sign Brady, I'd be done with the team until Brady was gone.

Besides, if he didn't have the benefit of knowing which defenses were going to next get in his face he probably wouldn't win many games at all.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
When you shake hands with the devil you get burned.

When I think of the top 5 worst people in America, Brady I think, makes my list!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Not going to happen, no way. Why would you suspend one of the best QB's of this era suspended right before the SB? The Seahawks are no pushover, especially in the secondary. And besides he would never sign with us, we have no o-line, not enough cash, and right now no OC.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
He won't pin it on Brady. 2 reasons....first it will be easy to find a fall guy amoung lower in the chain (equipment handler/security guy) that you can pay off under the table and they will disappear like a certain video guy did. Second if you turn on Brady you have to worry he turns on you - too dangerous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not going to happen, no way. Why would you suspend one of the best QB's of this era suspended right before the SB? The Seahawks are no pushover, especially in the secondary. And besides he would never sign with us, we have no o-line, not enough cash, and right now no OC.

I mean the NFL suspends Brady. If this got pinned on Tom what other choice would they have?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He won't pin it on Brady. 2 reasons....first it will be easy to find a fall guy amoung lower in the chain (equipment handler/security guy) that you can pay off under the table and they will disappear like a certain video guy did. Second if you turn on Brady you have to worry he turns on you - too dangerous.

I agree that is not likely to get pinned on Brady but if Bill were desperate then who knows. We have seen and hear Goodell say that what he hates most, and that is repeat offenders. Bill can not take the blame for this in any way if he fears Goodell has no choice but to stick to his guns. Blaming Brady, if Bill thinks Garapolo is ready would save his butt...............unless of course like you say, Brady turns on him and lets the world know about the cheating. But for that to happen he would have to find a way to do it without looking completely guilty himself, which I don't think he could do.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Bill Belicheat claims that he knows nothing about air pressure in footballs, even though some reports are out there that he was angry that the Patriots had 27 fumbles last season and demanded a solution. QBs and runningbacks can hang onto a deflated ball better and it is more difficult to strip.

So, it sounds like he is setting this all up to pin it on Tom Brady. There was also speculation that the Patriots are very pleased with Jimmy Garapolo and ready to move on from Brady.

So does Bill pin this on Tom and getting him suspended from the SuperBowl and then in the offseason Brady parts ways?

I would hate to see Belicheat come away from this clean but if the consolation is that Brady comes out looking like a cheater then that consolation wouldn't be too hard to swallow.

Then if Brady becomes available Fisher goes after him to be their QB. I would take a QB with his talent in a hearbeat but man I would not like having to root for Brady after this cheating scheme.

If Brady turns out to be the culprit, he shouldn't play anywhere next year. Period.

And I'm not sure BB should survive either way, he's the one who created the culture of cheating in New England.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah it would be the NFL that suspends Brady, but why would Bill pin it on Brady? It makes no sense.

Bill is already denying that he knows anything at all about football air pressure and said to ask the QB since he handles the ball. Surprised me but when a ship could be sinking it is every RAT for himself apparently.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Has everybody lost their mind and forgotten where the blue font is ??

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
galen.jpg

Do what now?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
i like brady and would grab him in a heartbeat.