patriots-josh-gordon-placed-on-ir-with-season-ending-knee-injury?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bleacher report says Josh Gordon being placed on IR
New England Patriots receiver Josh Gordon will miss the remainder of the 2019 NFL season due to a knee injury, per ESPN's Field Yates.

The Patriots placed Gordon on injured reserve, according to the league's transaction wire.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport shed light on Gordon's time in New England, which appears to be coming to an end:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1187114352387772418

#Patriots WR Josh Gordon was placed on Injured Reserve today because of two bone bruises in his knee that he dealt with before the injury against the #Giants, sources say. His time in NE is likely over as they are moving on. He’ll be waived off IR when fully healthy.

2:11 PM - Oct 23, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,753 people are talking about this

Gordon later commented on the NFL's Instagram as reports swirled regarding his impending release:

Bleacher Report

@BleacherReport

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1187120815445200896

Seems like this is new to Josh Gordon...

Gordon believes he’s “close to returning to play,” could be available for other teams as a free agent soon, per @MikeGarafolo
View image on Twitter

2:37 PM - Oct 23, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

651 people are talking about this

Gordon is no stranger to missed action, playing only one full season in his NFL career. That came in his rookie year in 2012 before he emerged in 2013 as one of the more talented players in the game at his position.

However, multiple suspensions from the league have limited his career, including two full missed seasons and several other shortened ones. He also faced an indefinite suspension this past offseason but was reinstated before the start of the regular season.

The 28-year-old struggled with injuries, including knee and ankle problems in 2019.

He has been a quality player when healthy, although there have been inconsistent results this season. He entered Week 8 with 20 catches for 287 yards and one touchdown.

Though his talent is undeniable, Gordon's inability to stay on the field remains an issue.

Meanwhile, New England will have to turn to its other options at the position, which include Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett and the recently acquired Mohamed Sanu.

Is anybody surprised that Josh Gordon is yet again to miss most of a season, without his team being overly upset. Million dollar talent, 5 cent head.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Didn't he injure his knee trying to make a tackle after an interception?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s what is called a “solid investment“ these days in the NFL.... I mean, I see what he means. Still found it ”funny”.

:D

Compared to what the chiefs paid for Sammy Watkins for example and the production he's given them I'd say Gordon was solid gold for the cheats.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would offer Josh Reynolds to the Pats for their 3rd round & 6th rd selections a younger better version of Sanu.

Patriots are projected to have 12 selections in the 2020 NFL Draft despite losing its second-round pick -- four of which will come within the first 100 picks.
- 1st round (own)
- 3rd round (own)
- 3rd round (projected compensatory pick: Trey Flowers)
- 3rd round (projected compensatory pick: Trent Brown)
- 4th round (via Chicago Bears)
- 6th round (via Houston Texans: Keion Crossen trade)
- 6th round (via Denver Broncos: Duke Dawson trade)
- 6th round (projected compensatory pick: Malcom Brown)
- 6th round (projected compensatory pick: Cordarrelle Patterson)
- 7th round (via Seattle Seahawks)
- 7th round (via Falcons)
- 7th round (via Philadelphia Eagles)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Compared to what the chiefs paid for Sammy Watkins for example and the production he's given them I'd say Gordon was solid gold for the cheats.

True.

Just the statement of 2.5 million being a good buy. For a used airplane, maybe. LOL

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True.

Just the statement of 2.5 million being a good buy. For a used airplane, maybe. LOL
Technically that’s below the average salary. A 53 man roster with a $188 million cap is about $3.5 million average.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I would offer Josh Reynolds to the Pats for their 3rd round & 6th rd selections a younger better version of Sanu.

Patriots are projected to have 12 selections in the 2020 NFL Draft despite losing its second-round pick -- four of which will come within the first 100 picks.
- 1st round (own)
- 3rd round (own)
- 3rd round (projected compensatory pick: Trey Flowers)
- 3rd round (projected compensatory pick: Trent Brown)
- 4th round (via Chicago Bears)
- 6th round (via Houston Texans: Keion Crossen trade)
- 6th round (via Denver Broncos: Duke Dawson trade)
- 6th round (projected compensatory pick: Malcom Brown)
- 6th round (projected compensatory pick: Cordarrelle Patterson)
- 7th round (via Seattle Seahawks)
- 7th round (via Falcons)
- 7th round (via Philadelphia Eagles)

BLASPHEMY !!!!

Rule #1 ... Don't ever do business with the cheaters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
BLASPHEMY !!!!

Rule #1 ... Don't ever do business with the cheaters.
:unsure: I am requesting to temporary disregard our Rule #until Oct. 29 at 1 p.m. PT.

Why?-Due to Snead's new need to acquire future draft ammo in order to upgrade the talent level on the 2020 player roster. Thus put down the warpath mandates by Rams On Demand members posting on the needed improvement in the OL............:)