Pat McAfee Talks How Bad NFL Commentators Ruin Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

He does explain that he purposely doesn't want to name names because he knows how hard the job is. Apparently the subscribers listening to him on this were calling out Vilma as an example of one who needs to go... and he then screamed out Wao... we're not gonna name anyone.

He also gives examples of some of the things the shitty ones do. For example... the ones who turn every play into a story about themselves and talk about themselves throughout the entire broadcast.

But this guy was a punter for the colts. My colt fan son loves listening to this guy... he plays clips like this one for me all the time to try and get me to see this guy's talent. Everybody knows I hate kickers... but I gotta say... he's completely right about this subject. It amazes me that a kicker could be so insightful.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
McAfee is a blowhard and I have no idea how he has become so popular. He reminds me of a cheap copy of one of the local DJs in my area (Chad Dukes). Yall may have heard some of Chad's rants, lol...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't care for him but he's right. They should have a shool for these dumbfucks where they are taught NOT to crown every fucking player who makes a play.

I mean the guys like Collingsworth have been doing that forever. Whoever makes a play just heap accolades on them it is irritating as hell to me. And the play-by types nowadays seem to think they're analysts which is a whole other conversation lol.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Chris Spielman is the worst fuckin person I've ever listened to. This year has been worse than any other. You can tell he is trying to be the poor man's Tony Romo. Trying to explain all this bullshit. He sounds like a fucking idiot. I get pissed. There are several bad ones. The fuckin Monday night crew is terrible as well.

Im always bitching. To the point that when I watched this video my wife says "oh, someone else is bitching about that too!" Lol

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He does explain that he purposely doesn't want to name names because he knows how hard the job is. Apparently the subscribers listening to him on this were calling out Vilma as an example of one who needs to go... and he then screamed out Wao... we're not gonna name anyone.

He also gives examples of some of the things the shitty ones do. For example... the ones who turn every play into a story about themselves and talk about themselves throughout the entire broadcast.

But this guy was a punter for the colts. My colt fan son loves listening to this guy... he plays clips like this one for me all the time to try and get me to see this guy's talent. Everybody knows I hate kickers... but I gotta say... he's completely right about this subject. It amazes me that a kicker could be so insightful.

I actually watch his YouTube clips a lot. He speaks the truth almost always. He's entertaining.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
nothing pisses me off then when Romo tries to explain everything just let me watch the game buddy!

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t think the Steve Levy experiment has been a success.

KayJay

Starter
Something about the way that commentator took his time, to absolutely trash Goff during that Miami game; didn't sit right with me. Its like some of them are lying in wait, to hate on certain players.

They let personal feelings get in the way of insightful commentating. Say what you want about Romo, I prefer him over a lot of guys. He genuinely loves the game, doesn't have a vendetta against people that are still able to play it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
They have always sucked and nothing is different now, I learned the value of the mute button along time ago. I know enough about the players and the game that I don't need these dumb arses analyzing the game and putting there own spin on things!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The announcers these days hang so heavily on their crutches it's past obvious.

Drinking game whenever Aikman says "we talked about" will get you drunk. Also when Griese says "He said look" when describing a conversation with anyone. Did it 3 times tonight. They need to stop hanging on crutches, mix their words and speak normally. I don't remember any announcers pre-2000s leaning back on the same phrase throughout a game. Madden used to say "Don't worry about the horse being blind etc" but not a handful of times during each game!

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Kind of on subject when did Kay Adams start looking like a super model? She always had that cute girl next door look but I turned on NFL Network today and she looks incredible. I like both looks she just looks totally different.