Part of Wagoner's chat.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nick
The thank you for posting is back up & running.Thank You for your time as always. Go Rams. Do you think SJ39 becomes the best Rams RB ever ?? Walter Payton had to wait for his Super Bowl ring with Da Bears.

Nick's Mailbag, Stlouisrams.com
Statistically, there's a strong chance that Steven Jackson will wind up the best running back in franchise history. Whether he is thought of that way will be in the eye of the beholder. But I'll say this, if he's in that conversation with Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson, that's one heck of a career.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Best RB statistically, but where does he rank in the public's eye?

1. Dickerson
2. Faulk
3. Jackson ?

Speeps

Starter
I think you have the order right X. If Steven is able to help bring a championship to St.Louis, he'll probably sky rocket to number one.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's the same order I put them in,,, no matter what the numbers say.

I'm very thankful that they ALL played for the Rams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1. Steven Jackson.
2a. Eric Dickerson.
2b. Marshall Faulk.

Jackson's already the leader in rushing yards for the Rams. He passed up Dickerson and Faulk. Now, admittedly, they didn't play their entire careers in a Rams uniform, but they had better teams than Jackson did. I agree with Speeps: if Jackson wins a Super Bowl as a Ram, he will become the undisputed number one running back in our history.

What's truly impressed me is how Jackson's grown from his rookie year. He was a brash young man starting out. 2007 and the beginning of 2008 just drove the point home. Jackson has really changed from that time. I'd take him over any running back in the league. It's not just his skillset. It's his intangibles as well. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that there's a running back more valuable to his team than Jackson.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I do feel that Jackson comes in 1st place in the Best Hair for a Ram RB category,,, thought I should throw that in.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Username said:
1a. Dickerson
1b. Faulk
2. SJ39

This. Oh, and you can swap a for b and I would be ok with that also. As good as SJ is, I just don't think he is as valuable as ED or Faulk were to those teams. Not only that, but I don't think he is as talented as either of them either. Not a slight at SJ at ALL, I just put Faulk and Dickerson in another echelon of RB. Two of the best to ever play the game.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I know Dickerson was a great RB, a hall of famer, no doubt. But how many championships did he win?

Faulk was the engine and possibly the most important player that lead to 2 Superbowl visit and a championship. To me, its not even close.

SJax, as great as he's been, is a distant third.

Anonymous

brokeu91 said:
I know Dickerson was a great RB, a hall of famer, no doubt. But how many championships did he win?

Faulk was the engine and possibly the most important player that lead to 2 Superbowl visit and a championship. To me, its not even close.

SJax, as great as he's been, is a distant third.

Faulk didn't win any championships either.

Of course, the Rams won one when he was their running back. But he didn't do it alone, of course.

:cool:

Give the Dickerson Rams a qb and a defense in addition to just him. What then?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Who knows. You need a little of everything, dontcha? Offense, Defense, Special Teams, good fortune, team health, cooperative referees, etc. You could have a team like the 2000-2001 Rams and still not win anything. But based on pure talent though, how would you rank them? I know they're all different kinds of runners, but still. Put them all on a perfectly assembled and talented team. Who ya got?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
zn said:
Who knows. You need a little of everything, dontcha? Offense, Defense, Special Teams, good fortune, team health, cooperative referees, etc. You could have a team like the 2000-2001 Rams and still not win anything. But based on pure talent though, how would you rank them? I know they're all different kinds of runners, but still. Put them all on a perfectly assembled and talented team. Who ya got?

That 2001 Rams team may be the best team I have ever seen. EVER. The second best was quite possibly the 2007 Patriots, so it was a pleasure to see them come up short in the SB. Poetic almost......

18-wins-one-giant-loss-t-shirt-shirtaday-2.jpg

Featured-01-30-2012-Paul.png

steferfootball

Starter
Selassie I said:
I do feel that Jackson comes in 1st place in the Best Hair for a Ram RB category,,, thought I should throw that in.
I completely agree. Who wins the worst goggles award?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Selassie I said:
That still goes to SJ

RamsvsPanthers_011--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Faceplant said:
X said:
zn said:

That 2001 Rams team may be the best team I have ever seen. EVER. The second best was quite possibly the 2007 Patriots, so it was a pleasure to see them come up short in the SB. Poetic almost......

18-wins-one-giant-loss-t-shirt-shirtaday-2.jpg

Featured-01-30-2012-Paul.png

:good1: Although I'd submit the 85 Bears for consideration as second best.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
steferfootball said:
X said:
steferfootball said:
Selassie I said:
That still goes to SJ

:lmao:

This is insane.

It almost looks like SJ has some of ED's old jerry curl in that weave of his. :sly:

Ed used to have a small yellow area in the middle of his googles so it looked like the Horns continued all the way down. Fear the googles!

Anonymous

X said:
steferfootball said:
Selassie I said:
That still goes to SJ

If I remember correctly, SJ did that get up that day to pay tribute to ED.

Cause SJ doesn't wear goggles, right?

GYI0061913942.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
If I remember correctly, SJ did that get up that day to pay tribute to ED.

Cause SJ doesn't wear goggles, right?
That's correct.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGJVaR6cMeQ[/youtube]