PREGAME Panthers at Rams - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s talk our Panthers matchup, week 6.

Opposing View: Panthers interim head coach Steve Wilks on challenges presented by Rams offense and defense​

Asked by a Charlotte reporter what he tells his team about the Rams as they prepare for them, Panthers head coach Steve Wilks starts with reminding them that they're the Super Bowl champs.

They also still have plenty of talent, too.

"Well, number one, you're talking about the Super Bowl champs," Wilks told Charlotte reporters Wednesday. "(Head coach Sean) McVay does a tremendous job in his preparation in getting his guys ready to play. These guys are talented across the board."

At the top of mind offensively is wide receiver Cooper Kupp, tight end Tyler Higbee and quarterback Matthew Stafford. Kupp leads the NFL in receptions (49) and is second in receiving yards (527), while Higbee is the Rams' second-leading receiver with 33 catches for 290 yards.

"Kupp is one of the best dynamic receivers in the league, Higbee is still a very efficient tight end that can get open and beat the one-on-ones," Wilks said. "Their quarterback, to me, is still playing at a high level."

And, as is usually the case for opposing head coaches, offensive gameplanning starts with Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald and defensive back Jalen Ramsey.

"When you go on the defensive side of the ball, you're talking about a future hall-of-famer in Donald," Wilks said. "We gotta do a great job of being able to neutralize him if we can, because he's just so dominant. And you talk about one of the top corners in the league as well with Ramsey."

That being said, Wilks is confident in his team.

"They got a lot of talent, and I told our guys we got a lot of talent too," Wilks said.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is the game that should get us back on track, before we have a number of players returning from the BYE week for various reasons. If McVay makes those adjustments to our OL that we're assuming he does, hopefully Skura & Aboushi become the difference makers we need at this time.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think we're all hoping the Offense gets back on track. If it struggles again, even in a win, then questions will persist. Hopefully they come out strong in this game.

socalrams90

Starter
I kind of hate that we’re getting the unknown Panthers. New interim, head coach and then no Baker Mayfield. Makes me a little nervous lol.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Yeah, Rams have a way of making back ups and rookies look like all pros. Remember Jim Drunkenmiller or Mark Sanchez's first game (preseason)

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

And so Henderson starts but who else is there...

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Even if Durant and Long are healthy… they should stick with Kendrick’s and Haley this week.

Much better tacklers going against CMC.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3-3 would feel okay, considering the injuries.

Keep them focused McVay. Get this W. THEN enjoy the bye!

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Carolina has nothing to lose,, they will pull out all the stops sorta like Detroit last year.. only Carolina actually has a defense. I hope the Rams can manage to stay out of 2nd and long maybe have something to offer in the run game some kind of balance anyways. I dont feel good about this Rams team.. maybe they can get healthy and right the ship.