Pacman arrested...again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/adam-jones-arrested-on-multiple-charges/

Adam Jones arrested on multiple charges
Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2017

636822096-e1483446615227.jpg
Getty Images

The calendar says 2017, but Pacman Jones is apparently partying like it’s 2007.

Via Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the veteran Bengals cornerback has been arrested on multiple charges.

The initial counts were obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault. All are misdemeanors. Per Dehner, Jones has since been charged with felony harassment with a bodily substance.

In 18 years of practicing law, I never came across a case of felony harassment with a bodily substance. My guess would be that Jones spit/spat/whatever on someone.

Suspended for the 2007 season after a rash of run-ins with the law, Jones had managed to stay out of trouble since 2013, and he had been properly praised for turning his life around. As he gets closer to the end of his football career, it’s hard not to wonder whether this latest off-field entanglement will cause the Bengals to move on from Jones.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...adam-jones-arrested-hamilton-county/96099598/

Bengals' Adam Jones 'vehemently denies' accusations after arrest
Paul Dehner Jr. , Kevin Grasha and Jim Owczarski

An attorney for Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones told a judge Tuesday he “vehemently denies” an assault charge that led to his arrest earlier at a Downtown hotel.

There are witnesses Jones intends to call in his own defense, public defender Lauren Staley told Hamilton County Municipal Judge Richard Bernat. Jones also intends to hire his own attorney now that he faces multiple charges that stemmed from the incident.

Prosecutors say Jones was at the Millenium Hotel early Tuesday morning and was “beating on different hotel room doors.” Hotel security came to investigate, and prosecutors say Jones pushed and poked a hotel security employee in the eye.

Police were then called.

While being arrested, court documents say Jones was “head-butting” and “kicking” at officers, trying to avoid being placed in a police vehicle.

Later, at the Hamilton County jail, prosecutors said Jones spit on a jail nurse. Court documents also say Jones spit on a jail deputy.

He faces a felony charge of harassment with a bodily substance. He is also charged with assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing police.

Bernat set bonds totaling $37,500.

The cornerback signed a three-year contract prior to this past season which just ended on Sunday against Baltimore. Jones stayed mostly out of trouble of late after a rash of incidents early in his 10-year NFL career.

According to the USA Today NFL arrest database, Jones has been arrested for the following incidents:
  • July, 2005: Assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation in Nashville, Tenn. Charges were dropped.
  • February, 2006: Possession of marijuana, felony count of obstruction and two misdemeanors of obstructing police in Fayetteville, Ga. Jones pleaded no contest to obstructing police and received three years of probation and a $500 fine.
  • August, 2006: Disorderly conduct and public intoxication in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Charges were dropped on the condition he stayed out trouble for six months.
  • October, 2006: Misdemeanor assault in Nashville, Tenn. Charge dropped because of inconsistent testimony.
  • July, 2011: Disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in Cincinnati. He pled guilty to the disorderly charge and placed on probation, but resisting arrest was dismissed.
  • June, 2013: Assault in Cincinnati. He was found not guilty.
Jones has been charged, but was not arrested, in other incidents.

In June, 2007: Jones is charged with felony coercion for his alleged role in a Feb., 2007 strip club shooting in Las Vegas. In December, 2007, Jones pleaded no contest to a reduced misdemeanor charge of conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct for his role. His sentence of one year probation and community service is stayed until after his testimony.

Those charges led to a civil lawsuit against Jones, and in January, 2015 the Nevada Supreme Court upheld a $12 million judgment against him for his role in injuries caused in the shooting.

In 2013 Jones was charged with disorderly conduct by the Ohio State Highway Patrol and paid out a ticket.

As a guest on Beyond The Stripes on Dec. 20, Jones was asked if it is difficult to turn off the game day persona when out in every day life:

“Well it’s difficult if you don’t know how to handle it. I took me awhile to understand you gotta turn the switch off at a certain point. I used the expression sometimes, like I used to be ‘Pacman Jones’ at the stadium, at home; then you learn like hey, you can only be ‘Pacman Jones’ on Sunday.

When you go home you gotta be Adam Jones. When you got into the community you gotta be Adam Jones. To your kids you gotta be daddy and Adam Jones. So it took me a little while to understand the balance and to learn how to turn the switch on and off.

I just thank God that I’ve been able to last to have the chance to still learn to turn it on and off. Some guys don’t have the chance and it will be a little too late before they figure out. And I thank God every day for the blessings that I’ve had. “

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Dude is a fucking disgusting human being. Most of us struggle to get by and all he does is play football and take life for granted.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...p-i-hope-you-die-youre-gonna-be-out-of-a-job/

Pacman Jones to cop: “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 23, 2017

613741032.jpg
Getty Images

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones unleashed profane tirade on the Cincinnati police officer who arrested him on charges of obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and assault three weeks ago.

Video from the officer’s car, obtained by TMZ, show Jones repeatedly calling the officer “a b–tch a– ni—-” and seeming to try to intimidate the officer.

“I hope you die tomorrow,” Jones said. “You’re gonna be out of a job tomorrow.”

The officer is not out of a job, but Jones might be soon. The arrest in and of itself was a strike against Jones, who has a significant history of off-field trouble. But when a player’s bad act is caught on video, it makes it much harder for a team to ignore.

There’s also the reality that Jones will turn 34 this year and has a $6.3 million base salary that the Bengals can clear off their books by cutting him. Although Jones started all 16 games in 2016, the Bengals may want to cut him purely for reasons related to age and the salary cap.

So regardless of how the legal case against Jones plays out, it wouldn’t be surprising if he has played his last game in Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Police Department probably wouldn’t mind that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They don't even mention the part of the video that shows him hocking loogies in the back of the police car.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Some people are like bees: They're willing to die just to inflict little pain on somebody (In Pacman's case, career suicide)
That's the level of pettiness some people go such lengths to