Packers @ Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Anyone else watching? I'm curious to see their defense. I'm not too worried about Gabbert or Kraperdick. But they do have some speed on the outside that concerns me.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jared Cook sighting. He's going to benefit from having an elite QB.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we're in for a tough first game. I'll be very upset if we lose, but not surprised. Chip Kelly is going to have a couple wrinkles that will be figured out quickly but I'm hoping we take these guys seriously unlike week 17.

fearsomefour

Legend
Kap was very rusty.
Ray Ray Armstrong looked pretty good. Particularly vs the run.
He may end up being a starter in SF.
The O looked very rough.
SF D will be pretty good however.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Packers fans were happy getting cook, thinking his problems have been a bad qb. Oh how funny this will be to watch them suffer like we did after we got him from the Titans. They will understand soon.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kap was very rusty.
Ray Ray Armstrong looked pretty good. Particularly vs the run.
He may end up being a starter in SF.
The O looked very rough.
SF D will be pretty good however.

My only real concern with SF is that it will be 3 straight road games, so I want our guys rested, but ready to rock n roll. Maybe get up north a day or two early for a light workout, then prepare to kick ass at game time. This one HAS to be ours.

This game will be a real test for our offense as SF still has a pretty good D. Our defense should manhandle the SF offense so long as our defensive backfield shows up and we don't get burned on those running plays where we have made rookies look like HOF'ers. Road games seem to always be a struggle for the Rams, but being in L.A. now, time to start another new tradition.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Screen-Shot-2016-05-23-at-5.19.07-PM.png

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watching it now. A.Rodgers is so good. Lacy looked good but still looks fat to me.
Niners didn't look too bad on offense. Their defense. Lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we're in for a tough first game. I'll be very upset if we lose, but not surprised. Chip Kelly is going to have a couple wrinkles that will be figured out quickly but I'm hoping we take these guys seriously unlike week 17.
We didn't have Todd Gurley that game, bro....We are going to kick their @ss right this time...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We didn't have Todd Gurley that game, bro....We are going to kick their @ss right this time...

Agreed. Gurley is an enormous difference maker, and in particular in a game like that one last year. Still, though, Keenum needs to be ready to back that defense off when needed regardless of whether Todd's in the backfield.

Kelly coming to the NFC West is really a big story, given the way he's going to clash with three other teams that are very sound fundamentally; it's a high flying type attack joining a black and blue division. And while everyone bags on the guy for last year when he cut his feet off with the personnel moves, the dude knows how to produce points with his offense. In those games where they put up points they'll be a tough draw due to their defense, question is how many games will they put up points.

I'm not overlooking them, that's for sure. Even if I do think we have the edge with a healthy TG and our young OL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. Gurley is an enormous difference maker, and in particular in a game like that one last year. Still, though, Keenum needs to be ready to back that defense off when needed regardless of whether Todd's in the backfield.

Kelly coming to the NFC West is really a big story, given the way he's going to clash with three other teams that are very sound fundamentally; it's a high flying type attack joining a black and blue division. And while everyone bags on the guy for last year when he cut his feet off with the personnel moves, the dude knows how to produce points with his offense. In those games where they put up points they'll be a tough draw due to their defense, question is how many games will they put up points.

I'm not overlooking them, that's for sure. Even if I do think we have the edge with a healthy TG and our young OL.
The big question is..Can an old dog learn new tricks, when last year he got fired for not doing so? Kelly got exposed last year and the NFL knows how to beat the Chip Kelly scheme, as presented in Philly....So I like our chances

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The big question is..Can an old dog learn new tricks, when last year he got fired for not doing so? Kelly got exposed last year and the NFL knows how to beat the Chip Kelly scheme, as presented in Philly....So I like our chances

I hear that a lot, that Kelly and his silly college scheme got exposed. It makes me paranoid too. Hope that's the case but I personally am not going to make that assumption.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear that a lot, that Kelly and his silly college scheme got exposed. It makes me paranoid too. Hope that's the case but I personally am not going to make that assumption.
I listened to Philly radio during the whole last season, and thats what long time hosts, and guests (like Ron Jaworski and Brian Baldinger) said...I can't remember the veteran olineman's name, but the guy was known as a hard worker all of his career,. but the dude quit on Kelly. Kelly does not know how to deal with veterans, and he grinds the Oline into the ground with his quick tempo, college BS playcalling...and I don't think frisco's Oline is that good in the first place The team quit on him, from all reports....

Last edited: