P.E.D.s and painkillers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Mo Claiborne are all getting a shot before the game for their pain. I know all teams do this but it got me thinking...

If Tony Homo jas injured ribs, that would make it harder to throw the pass.

If Dez back is giving him issues, that would make it harder to do everything,

If Mo has an injured shoulder, good luck tackling...

My question is: If these players can notplay as well (due to injuries) without those shots...How is that not considered a "Performance enhancing drug?"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Asking those guys to play the game without any painkillers is just wrong.

iced

jrry32 said:
Yep. Asking those guys to play the game without any painkillers is just wrong.

I bet they're glad they're not in the service - all they would get is motrin and water

fearsomefour

Legend
Hitstick....
You bring a valid point. To me there is no difference really. There are a lot of different things one can do to enhance or allow performance that would be happening otherwise. To me there is not a lot of difference between masking pain (to allow performance) or taking something to enhance a workout. Most people have bought the bs they have been sold regarding the medicine vs drugs mentality in our society. The rules regarding PEDs are hypocritical just as laws regarding drugs are hypocritical (and stupid frankly).
I always bring the example of someone getting laser eye surgery to fix naturally bad vision to better than 20/20 (Tiger Woods for example)....how is this different than taking a pill or rubbing on a cream that allows for faster recovery from a workout. One is considered medicine and one is considered cheating....both enhance performance and allow the body to do something in a way that it would not naturally be doing it.
I have never gotten a satisfactory answer to this....because there isnt one. We are stuck with hypocritical rules and pathetic politicians sticking their noses where they dont belong.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
HitStick said:
Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Mo Claiborne are all getting a shot before the game for their pain. I know all teams do this but it got me thinking...

If Tony Homo jas injured ribs, that would make it harder to throw the pass.

If Dez back is giving him issues, that would make it harder to do everything,

If Mo has an injured shoulder, good luck tackling...

My question is: If these players can notplay as well (due to injuries) without those shots...How is that not considered a "Performance enhancing drug?"

You are correct.

What you mention is the accepted way of "performance enchancing".

Kinda like comparing alcohol to mary jane.
Alcohol is legal. Is the source of more pain and injury. While mary jane is illegal.

Go figure. :boing: