Overnight: Raiders Fire HC + GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely should be merging this with the fire thread

oldnotdead

Legend
Antonio Brown is an interesting choice for HC. I'm not overly impressed with their choice for GM. IMO a GM needs a strong scouting background like Holmes to be successful or groomed for years like DeCosta was groomed for the position with the Ravens by Newsome.

I think McVay could be a good GM if he spent a year or two as Snead's assistant GM. He would be in instant demand if he spent even a year as Snead's "assistant" and let it be known that is what he wanted to do. A successful tenure as a GM would cement his HOF credentials. His biggest asset is he understands the importance of culture. He already works very closely with Snead on most things.

Most see him in media, but I wonder if he would find it boring and not challenging enough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think McVay could be a good GM if he spent a year or two as Snead's assistant GM.
If I'm Stan and McVay tells me he wants to move into the front office I would instantly make room for him. If he wants to overhaul the personnel dept I would move Snead out. If he wants to work with Snead I'd move Demoff out and make him team prez. But bottom line is you are only as good as the people who work for you, so a guy of his quality you keep if at all possible.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

He is who we thought he was!
IMG_8588.jpeg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I miss the old school coaches like Denny who were willing to speak their minds. So many coachspeak bastids nowadays, makes shit bland and boring.