Our Running Back situation just got interesting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
I've heard from 3 or 4 different sources that our Running back depth chart has just changed dramatically this week...

DRich is still the starter...
Cunningham is the #2 back...
Pead is the #3 back...
Stacey isn't dressing this week..

So lets just see how it plays out...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I wonder if that means Cunningham will be doing kickoffs? I hope so.

A55VA6

Legend
albefree69 said:
I wonder if that means Cunningham will be doing kickoffs? I hope so.
He must. Isaiah needs to focus on running the football, not returning kicks. Benny is a reliable kick returner. He's probably not going to return one to the house or anything, but he'll take care of the football and atleast get it back to the 20. I think in the future when Tavon is more comfortable, we could see him doing kickoffs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram4life11 said:
I've heard from 3 or 4 different sources that our Running back depth chart has just changed dramatically this week...

Pead is the #3 back...

where is this info coming from? how do we know that it is accurate? just sayin

paceram

Pro Bowler
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

That is interesting! I wonder if Stacy is not dressing due to health reasons or just because he has dropped on the depth chart.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

If true, it does make sense. More sense if it meant that Pead is the 3rd down back. He is pretty good in pass pro. Better than Cunningham at that. Actually, I was more impressed with Cunningham than Stacey.

If DRich is healthy then he's gonna get the lion share of the carries anyway. So I think Cunningham will mostly be on KR.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
A55VA6 all in for risky moves:
Benny is a reliable kick returner. He's probably not going to return one to the house or anything, but he'll take care of the football and at least get it back to the 20. I think in the future when Tavon is more comfortable, we could see him doing kickoffs.
We agree about much of the blue stuff but I don't think you're giving Cunningham enough credit. I think he'll do better than you think.

As for the green stuff, I'd love to see him do it but I think it's too dangerous.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
max singing my tune:
If true, it does make sense. More sense if it meant that Pead is the 3rd down back. He is pretty good in pass pro. Better than Cunningham at that. Actually, I was more impressed with Cunningham than Stacey.

If DRich is healthy then he's gonna get the lion share of the carries anyway. So I think Cunningham will mostly be on KR.

I like that thinking.

A55VA6

Legend
Don't get me wrong, I like Benny and I think he's a good football player. I'm just not expecting him to destroy opponents special teams units with huge returns. I think he's capable of following blocks and geting good returns, but I can't really expect him to bring it to the house. Just take care of the football and I'm happy lol

On RB situation, I think Reynolds is a huge special teams player, D-Rich and Pead split carries, Benny gets returns.. that kind of leaves Stacy the odd man out right now. Could change going forward though. We drafted him for a reason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

Source? Cuz it's not from the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

Yeah I want to see one too.

I will say though that Fisher did say Dunbar would have to work his way back up the depth chart upon a return from suspension so I could see it, but until I SEE proof I'm skeptical.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

I ain't buying it. Fisher said he want Stacy to get more touches. Could be he's injured though.

Pead may be #3 on paper but I don't think that adds up to touches. I don't think Fisher will take Cunningham off KR. Maybe this week Pead stays limited because of his suspension though.

Honestly, I would have it DR, Cunningham, Stacy, Pead, and make Pead earn a spot. there's NO NEED for any drama this week. Take your proven (and reliable) players and attack.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Pead is better than stacy especially in run blocking. I am not the biggest pead fan myself but i think he edges out stacy in who helps us more this week.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamFan503 said:
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

It might be the voices in his head.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
kurtfaulk said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram4life11 said:

Pead is the #3 back...

It might be the voices in his head.

Well - not to add to that but I haven't been able to find this anywhere and the Rams site doesn't add any credence so....?

bluecoconuts

Legend
We will just have to find out tomorrow. Doesn't really make sense to me, given that he didn't get any snaps at running back last week, but frankly I don't care who starts as long as they're the best player.

iced

NFL.com , rotoworld, and St.Louis Rams .com site has Pead as the #2...

callin bogus til i see/hear otherwise

jjab360

Legend
Looks like your anonymous source was at least partly correct, Zac Stacy is inactive. We'll see if Cunningham gets snaps over Pead, I certainly hope so.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Looks.like his source was right... Cunningham got a carry over Pead.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2