Our offense without Gurley ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Without Gurleys 442 yds @ 6.0 a run.....

Other RB's?

Cunningham 68 yds @ 2.8 yds a run...
Mason 49 yds @ 2.5 yds a run....
Watts Zero
Reynolds Zero

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, what happens when you take the best player off of an offense? Take Rodgers out of GB, and they tank. Take Brady out of NE, and they tank. The big difference is most teams rely on their QB, we have a RB at our core.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Well, what happens when you take the best player off of an offense? Take Rodgers out of GB, and they tank. Take Brady out of NE, and they tank. The big difference is most teams rely on their QB, we have a RB at our core.
If you take Brady away the Patriots are still ligit (remember matt cassell).

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The difference between the GBs and NEs and us is that they are TOP offenses with their star players. We are almost DEAD LAST in offense with our best player. There is no way around it. The OL, the QB and the WR corp have to play better for us to win consistently. I do not see this offense changing much in the second half of the season unfortunately. It is not like there is a light that will simply "come on". I just hope for gradual improvement and maybe by December we still have a shot at the postseason. Personally, I don't see it this year. The Rams are close, but they just don't appear there yet to me. Hope I am wrong!!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If you take Brady away the Patriots are still ligit (remember matt cassell).
Wasn't Cassell there during the heyday of Randy Moss the Unstoppable Force? I watch way more Pats football than I care to admit, living here in Boston, and without Brady they'd still be OK... but just OK.

jjab360

Legend
Excellent point.

Against a good team, they will figure out a way to neutralize Gurley (yes, it can be done).

Rams were fortunate to go up 10 rather quickly.

If they go down by 10 and the opponent shuts down Gurley... well, if I can figure out how to beat the Rams, well... you get the idea.
I hope opponents do try to score quick and go all out trying to stop Gurley. When they get aggressive is when they make mistakes and turn the ball over, and keying in completely on Gurley is when we hit them over the top with play action.

It's not as simple as you make it seem, for every move there is a counter-move, let's just hope Cigs can figure it out.