Our offense without Gurley ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Is nothing. Tavon has progressed nicely in year three and is having a good year, but beside him our offense is nothing. He wouldnt be able to win us games like Gurley did today though.

Foles = under-performing
O-line = Under-performing
Cook = Under-performing
Quick = ????
Bailey = needs to be in for cook

We are the worst offense in the league, Our only saving grace is a heavy dose of Gurley with some Tavon sprinkled in.

Once our O-line gels and gets it together everything will get better in all facets, and Gurley will be even better along with the rest of our offense. But right now, Without Gurley, we are nothing..

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Our offense w/o Gurley and Austin.........blows goats............and the goats will never admit it...........:shocked::headexplosion:

Thank God our defense doesn't..........:yess:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To the OP, offense without Gurley. ... :(

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do we even win this game without the defense scoring and setting up scores?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not going to worry about our offense without Gurley, because every team's offense would look 10x worse if you took away their best player. We have him, he is awesome, and let's enjoy it. But the general thrust is true - we probably have the worst offense in the league right now. Given the pieces in place that's pretty inexcusable. This should not be the NFL's worst offensive unit. Time for several players to step it up. If Jared Cook was playing even simply average or competent right now think of how many drives would have not been killed.

Last year's offense was better. With Austin Davis at QB, no Todd Gurley, a lesser verion of Tavon Austin, and an inferior offensive coordinator. No excuse for that. I know the offensive line is inexperienced and shaky but Wells and Joseph were just as bad if not worse.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It would seem that way Tron but we did put up 30+ against Seattle without him.
Don't get me wrong, for the most part it's hard to argue. I just think the OL and play calling at times makes a big difference.

Sure as hell happy we have him now though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams offense without Gurley?

Lord have mercy.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
crickets-chirping.gif

jap

Legend
When the young OL gels we ought to see some consistency. However, they do seem to take a very long time to figure out how to attack the opposing DL. I would rather see TGII romping from the 1st quarter. Who knows he may end up with 300 yards in a game. Wouldn't it be nice if he did that to 'Frisco next weekend as their Halloween present? :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

FRO

Legend
Foles needs everything around him to be good for him to succeed. The guy has great arm talent, but doesn't navigate the pocket and go through progressions well. Since it's very hard to find a true difference maker at QB, our best bet is to really improve the team around him next year. Our defense is playing at such a great level and Gurley is outstanding, I would hate for the passing game to tank what appears to be playoff level talent.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Foles needs everything around him to be good for him to succeed. The guy has great arm talent, but doesn't navigate the pocket and go through progressions well. Since it's very hard to find a true difference maker at QB, our best bet is to really improve the team around him next year. Our defense is playing at such a great level and Gurley is outstanding, I would hate for the passing game to tank what appears to be playoff level talent.

Agree - the pass just has to be servicable. Even then its not as balanced as you want because at some point you're going to be behind in a big game and need to pass it to win it. Can we do that? Gurley is the thing that makes this offense works. Its the closest thing I've ever seen to a one man offense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Our offense without Gurley and Austin is putrid...bush league....it's pathetic really.
Aside from the win, I was VERY disappointed in the team today.
More specifically I was disappointed in the offense.
I was stunned that after a bye, at home, against a team that is NOT a world beater defense, this offense was as bad as it was.

Stunning.....

jjab360

Legend
Without Gurley the Rams are 1-5.
Gurley dominated today, but I think we still would've beat the Browns without him. Our D scored more in the 1st quarter than their O did the entire game.

Against the Cards though, that probably would've been an L.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well it was disconcerting at best to see our O flop around like a fish out of water for most of the game. I know some of it falls on a green OL but our QB and pass catchers (except for Tavon) are not up to snuff yet and we are nearing mid season. Our D is going to keep us in games but damn we are gong to be disappointed with the results if our O doesn't get it together very soon.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree - the pass just has to be servicable. Even then its not as balanced as you want because at some point you're going to be behind in a big game and need to pass it to win it. Can we do that? Gurley is the thing that makes this offense works. Its the closest thing I've ever seen to a one man offense.
Excellent point.

Against a good team, they will figure out a way to neutralize Gurley (yes, it can be done).

Rams were fortunate to go up 10 rather quickly.

If they go down by 10 and the opponent shuts down Gurley... well, if I can figure out how to beat the Rams, well... you get the idea.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is nothing. Tavon has progressed nicely in year three and is having a good year, but beside him our offense is nothing. He wouldnt be able to win us games like Gurley did today though.

Foles = under-performing
O-line = Under-performing
Cook = Under-performing
Quick = ????
Bailey = needs to be in for cook

We are the worst offense in the league, Our only saving grace is a heavy dose of Gurley with some Tavon sprinkled in.

Once our O-line gels and gets it together everything will get better in all facets, and Gurley will be even better along with the rest of our offense. But right now, Without Gurley, we are nothing..
I can agree with you on, almost, all your points. I'm not sure the O-Line is under performing, considering they're a bunch of Rookies!
And we can't keep depending on Gurley alone, Teams now know he's the key to stopping us dead in our Tracks!! DEFINATELY agree about Quick and Bailey!!(y)(y)