Our O problems are starting to come into better focus...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
We still have multiple issues, of course.

But the single biggest appears to be our QB.

Not seeing open receivers.
Not throwing to them when they first break open.
High throws.
Some "worm burner" throws.
Wide ahead or behind throws.
Poor footwork and mechanics.
His deep throws have become virtually nonexistent.

Put simply, Nick Foles may be a nice guy but he is currently not an NFL caliber QB.

How can a 6'5" QB not SEE open receivers? Mind boggling.

I'm not ignoring blame for OL, route running, drops, play calling by Cigs, or anything else. They all must get better.

But right now? I've gotta say that Foles is our biggest problem on O. And it's not even close.

WTH have Weinke and Cigs been doing with Foles? Sheesh...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Hoping he improves but Welcome Aboard.

Although Bradford hasn't set the world on fire, it looks like Chip Kelly wasn't crazy after all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ummmm, yep....It is, what it is.....And I hate to say this, or agree with the post....Because these type of mistakes usually kill a coaching staff....Shoulda rode the Bradford train to finality....

RamzFanz

Damnit
It looks like Foles has actually regressed. It's scary bad.

While nothing else has improved, drops are still there, pressure is still there, he's just getting worse and worse.

With one last hope of making a WC spot, they have to try something new unless they are just conceding the season.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It's like having Jim Everett and Marc Bulger all over again. No protection equals quarterbacks with "happy feet."

In retrospect, I bought into the notion Foles would be a game manager, Gurley/Mason would dominate, even with a young and relatively in-experienced O-Line, but the defense would keep games close enough to have a chance to win. But it has come home to roost because Foles is struggling, the O-Line is at least another year from being consistent in both the run/pass game, continued problems with our receiving corps, and the defense, even with it's moments, is still not close to being dominant. So my question is, how much longer will Fisher continue to be allowed to build a team with youth. By the time this team is ready to "break-out," most of the better players will be running for the doors looking for big contracts with other teams.

Each year we get a glimpse of what could be great only to fall flat on our face for one reason or another. I really can see why fans have a hard time spending hard-earned money going to games. Hell, I can't believe I keep getting Sunday Ticket each year. And on top of this, we have an owner that really doesn't give two sh*ts about his team, the fans who support it, and the city of St. Louis! I wish the league/owners would tell him go freak himself and he cannot move the team... period! And if he doesn't like it then sell the team to someone who cares about being successful in St. Louis. If he tries to move, without league approval, then he needs to forfeit his ownership. It's time to start holding this organization accountable from the owner all the way to the water/towel technicians. Totally frustrating watching this team under achieve almost every week.

Last edited:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Yeah I've never been a Foles fan, and he's only gone down in my estimation, but I make that trade again without question.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
It looks like Foles has actually regressed. It's scary bad.

While nothing else has improved, drops are still there, pressure is still there, he's just getting worse and worse.

With one last hope of making a WC spot, they have to try something new unless they are just conceding the season.

Please dear suffering Brother. Let the freakin thot of Playoffs DIE. Don't expose your heart to more damage this season. We need ALL your focus on our off season decisions that will effect our longer future. Rest you Cares as we all got fooled and realize this Bears team that just beat the number 1 offense in Chargers and went to OT with vikes proves Cutler is back for one last shot and vikes traveling and beating Raiders big says they may actually be a real team.

I think after our tough loss to vikes and what team members saw in practice some MAY have started to lose faith in the play and direction of some. I wonder how healthy Tim McDonald and Quinn could even have been? We are NOT as bad as that game.

Lions broke the Lambeau curse. Skins showed up again. Chiefs may have seen P. Mannings last game. brady lost edelman and I see the Cards,Panthers as teams that Can beat pats. Maybe even Bengals too.

I'll be the First to suggest Jeff Fisher walks away on his own. No way Kronke fires him even if under a winning record as I picked 5-11 myself before the season so I'm very hurt but not shocked. Too many seasons now.

This off-season will determine the waste of the right chemistry for Playoffs next season or Fishers way which says everything. He keeps a C. Long with high salary where we need to cut ties and look elsewhere . This bunch must stick together . Hope retaining our own is possible. This season is SOO Over. Don't get fooled again.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Please dear suffering Brother. Let the freakin thot of Playoffs DIE. Don't expose your heart to more damage this season. We need ALL your focus on our off season decisions that will effect our longer future. Rest you Cares as we all got fooled and realize this Bears team that just beat the number 1 offense in Chargers and went to OT with vikes proves Cutler is back for one last shot and vikes traveling and beating Raiders big says they may actually be a real team.

I think after our tough loss to vikes and what team members saw in practice some MAY have started to lose faith in the play and direction of some. I wonder how healthy Tim McDonald and Quinn could even have been? We are NOT as bad as that game.

Lions broke the Lambeau curse. Skins showed up again. Chiefs may have seen P. Mannings last game. brady lost edelman and I see the Cards,Panthers as teams that Can beat pats. Maybe even Bengals too.

I'll be the First to suggest Jeff Fisher walks away on his own. No way Kronke fires him even if under a winning record as I picked 5-11 myself before the season so I'm very hurt but not shocked. Too many seasons now.

This off-season will determine the waste of the right chemistry for Playoffs next season or Fishers way which says everything. He keeps a C. Long with high salary where we need to cut ties and look elsewhere . This bunch must stick together . Hope retaining our own is possible. This season is SOO Over. Don't get fooled again.

I'm not one to quit. I have to be convinced all hope is lost. It's just me.

I'm down to calling for our backup QB. It's my last bullet.

I know it's desperate and doomed to fail, but that's the only time you can have a miracle season turnaround!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We still have multiple issues, of course.

But the single biggest appears to be our QB.

Not seeing open receivers.
Not throwing to them when they first break open.
High throws.
Some "worm burner" throws.
Wide ahead or behind throws.
Poor footwork and mechanics.
His deep throws have become virtually nonexistent.

Put simply, Nick Foles may be a nice guy but he is currently not an NFL caliber QB.

How can a 6'5" QB not SEE open receivers? Mind boggling.

I'm not ignoring blame for OL, route running, drops, play calling by Cigs, or anything else. They all must get better.

But right now? I've gotta say that Foles is our biggest problem on O. And it's not even close.

WTH have Weinke and Cigs been doing with Foles? Sheesh...

Yet on the first drive the O looked great. Then the wheels fell off. It's maddening as hell.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do think sitting Foles can help both him and the team. But I also don't think he's this bad, particularly with a RB the level of Gurley in the backfield behind him.

If they don't sit him then Weinke needs to get him right, whatever it takes. Work his fundamentals till he pukes, stay after practice working timing with Quick, pay someone to abduct Cook for a couple weeks, hookers in his locker, I don't care.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ummmm, yep....It is, what it is.....And I hate to say this, or agree with the post....Because these type of mistakes usually kill a coaching staff....Shoulda rode the Bradford train to finality....

No way LA Bradford behind this line would be terrible and/or hurt. Foles ain't Brady but I still think there is more with him than Bradford.