Our defense gets no respect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
True, but the NFL and media seem to think the "Hags offense was not up to par. We know it was our D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True, but the NFL and media seem to think the "Hags offense was not up to par. We know it was our D.
Yep. They did have a few opportunities lost on slant patterns (drops), but that's not our problem. We have our own demons in that department.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Screw the media, they only care about one thing. Offense, and that's all. They couldn't recognize a good defensive game if it came up and introduced itself to them. See how it comes down to what the offense did and not what the defense did? This isn't even the first time this type of thing happened, nor has it only happened to us.

Go look for any high vaunted offense that gets shut down by a defense and I bet you there'll be more talk of the offense fizzling out than the defense making a strong stand.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Screw the media, they only care about one thing. Offense, and that's all. They couldn't recognize a good defensive game if it came up and introduced itself to them. See how it comes down to what the offense did and not what the defense did? This isn't even the first time this type of thing happened, nor has it only happened to us.

Go look for any high vaunted offense that gets shut down by a defense and I bet you there'll be more talk of the offense fizzling out than the defense making a strong stand.

Rice is now gone for the season with an ACL, so the O is now in question. Our D absolutely ate the Hags up last night. All I heard from the talking heads before the game was a little about Quinn and Long and how good the Hags D is....RIGHT???

A55VA6

Legend
Our defense was what I thought it would be all year. THAT'S how you play D. We just need our offense to show up and score TD's..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All I've heard the last 2 days is Dez Bryant being a cry baby on the sidelines.

V3

Hall of Fame
All I've heard the last 2 days is Dez Bryant being a cry baby on the sidelines.

I never did hear what he was crying about. Something in particular or the usual WR bitch and moan about not getting the ball?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I never did hear what he was crying about. Something in particular or the usual WR bitch and moan about not getting the ball?
I posted a video in another thread showing what he was actually saying, and it was overblown. He wasn't bitching in the way you'd think.

V3

Hall of Fame
I posted a video in another thread showing what he was actually saying, and it was overblown. He wasn't bitching in the way you'd think.

Hmm, that wasn't bad at all.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The defense played great last night. That said, outside of last night they haven't been good. At all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The defense played great last night. That said, outside of last night they haven't been good. At all.
I thought they've been getting much better against the run the past few games.
It all starts there.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Best defense that they have played...they were great.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think we gave the rest of the league the blueprint to beating the pukehawks. Stack the box, and dare Wussell Wilson to throw. He's not a very good QB. He doesn't make alot of mistakes, but he's not a guy that can carry a team either. They rely on their run game, and their strong defense.
Other teams don't have a pass rush like we do, but the better defenses will see what we did, and beat them the same way.

jjab360

Legend
I think we gave the rest of the league the blueprint to beating the pukehawks. Stack the box, and dare Wussell Wilson to throw. He's not a very good QB. He doesn't make alot of mistakes, but he's not a guy that can carry a team either. They rely on their run game, and their strong defense.
Other teams don't have a pass rush like we do, but the better defenses will see what we did, and beat them the same way.
I'd say all of last year's "phenoms" (RG3, Kaepernick, Wilson) have been exposed a little bit this year, especially with defenses taking the read-option out of the gameplan. None of these guys are top notch passers, if you can just keep them in the pocket and rattle them a bit, it all comes falling down. I wasn't particularly impressed by any of them when the Rams played them last year, and now I think we're going to see what they're really made of when they have to depend on their arm and the mental side of the game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

If it was a 1 time happening then you could say seattle had a bad day, but that was the third consecutive game where seattles O struggled against the Rams D. 1 time could be a fluke, but 3 times is a trend.