our biggest needs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
I'm pretty sure a couple of those ticket takers need to be replaced and definitely that equipment manager could be upgraded.

Where's Spags when ya need him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
An OC, has his moments yes, but not when it matters most. Has improved but still not sold. many games left to change that.
CB's
Discipline
Safety
Guards
Tackle
The ability to catch the ball
New uni's
New DC?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
2 catches for 30 yards (Quick) is good? I expect more from a second year player that was the first player taken in the second round.

You better be mad at Givens and Pettis also then. They didn't do much either.
Quick at least caught the only 2 passes he was targeted on.
And Cook makes $8M per year and had 3 catches.
At some point we have to actually throw to these guys and give them a chance to be successful. Not just hand off 30 times. I'm all for a good running attack, but it's a bit of a waste to have the talent we've all wanted at WR and not even use it.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
At some point we have to actually throw to these guys and give them a chance to be successful. Not just hand off 30 times. I'm all for a good running attack, but it's a bit of a waste to have the talent we've all wanted at WR and not even use it.
When u have a backup qb starting you have to expect to run more and the qb to manage the game

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
When u have a backup qb starting you have to expect to run more and the qb to manage the game

I agree and disagree. I just posted in another thread. Nick Foles threw for 7 TD's today. He is a backup. Granted, a better backup than Clemens but still, 7 freaking TD's.
And this was a team that couldn't score the last 2-3 weeks. The only WR on that team that is above average is Jackson.
We just need a better backup than Clemens.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

it wasnt quickd fault he didnt play more or get targeted more. at least we didnt see him drop any passes or mental lapses

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
it wasnt quickd fault he didnt play more or get targeted more. at least we didnt see him drop any passes or mental lapses

That was my point to the reply. We don't use the talent we have very well. Is that Shotty? Would seem so but who knows.

V3

Hall of Fame

You're talking to the wrong person. I don't like most of our WR's which is why I've been saying in other threads that the Rams should take a WR in the first if there's a good one available.

As far as specifics, Givens had 4 catches for 55 yards. That's not too bad. It's better than everyone else on the team. He's regressed some this year and I'm not sure if it's on him or the coaches. As for the others, Cook was a bad FA pickup. There's no defending it. They knew what they were getting and they still paid that much. Pettis is what he is. I don't expect much from him. Ever. Quick was the first pick in the 2nd round and he still has issues catching, knowing what's going on out there, etc. There's a reason he doesn't get on the field much. When he does get on the field, the QB's don't trust him.

The Rams started the year trying to pass the ball. They gave them chances to show something at WR. They failed. The Rams had to go back to using the RB more because that's the only way they can win.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
most people would say our biggest need is wr, but i think we need ol,cbs, and lbs that can tackle. our wr are ok. i might suggest getting a te in the draft.

IMHO we should draft two guards, an OT-maybe two, safety, developmental QB.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
1 - OC
2 - DC
3 - OL
4 - S
5 - RB
6 - DT
7 - WR