Other teams FA news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK. I see your point, but do you know how much of Brock's contract is guaranteed? Just heard it, only one year of guarantee's, so not as bad as I thought. Not high on Brock, myself, but one year, and they will have cap next year, not bad if building mode.

Thanks
From what I just read they're only responsible for this years base pay plus whatever is left of his pro rated signing bonus. Not sure what that is maybe somebody can check on spot rad. Going into a meeting soon.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They had $100 million in cap space. They weren't going to be able to spend $100 million on actual players - that's just unbelievable - so they effectively pay Houston $20 million in cap space for a 2nd-round pick next year.

Osweiler doesn't have to play for them at all for them to come out of this looking good, they sold some of their overwhelming cap flexibility.
I thought there more years guaranteed, so this changes my opinion. I still don't think it's a great move, but it's not a bad move. It may work out, and it may not. We will have to wait and see.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I disagree this is a great move by them.

Perhaps for both teams. Romo to the Texans ? While Houston eats $9mil in dead CAP, they still have room for Romo. Cleveland no longer worries about a QB and is free to sign BPA Myles Garrett. Next ... the Tru Johnson blockbuster trade ?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought there more years guaranteed, so this changes my opinion. I still don't think it's a great move, but it's not a bad move. It may work out, and it may not. We will have to wait and see.
How could it not work out? They get a 2nd-round pick for basically giving Houston some cap relief. Only way it doesn't work out is if the spend that 2nd rounder next year or Johnny Manziel again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perhaps for both teams. Romo to the Texans ? While Houston eats $9mil in dead CAP, they still have room for Romo. Cleveland no longer worries about a QB and is free to sign BPA Myles Garrett. Next ... the Tru Johnson blockbuster trade ?
Absolutely this was the only thing they could've done. If they cut him the guarantees would have destroyed their cap but Cleveland can absorb it. They'll now trade for Romo and hope to keep him healthy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How could it not work out? They get a 2nd-round pick for basically giving Houston some cap relief. Only way it doesn't work out is if the spend that 2nd rounder next year or Johnny Manziel again.
Well, there's that. We don't know what/who that pick will be, but they could package some picks to get the #1 next year. A 2nd rounder is not close to being guaranteed to to turn into anything, by itself.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Absolutely this was the only thing they could've done. If they cut him the guarantees would have destroyed their cap but Cleveland can absorb it. They'll now trade for Romo and hope to keep him healthy.

And Osweiler now has an OL perhaps as good as Dallas, so he should thrive. jmo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And Osweiler now has an OL perhaps as good as Dallas, so he should thrive. jmo.
They are reporting that they may just cut him, and eat the salary, for the cap space next year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Laughing out loud at both the Texans at getting pwned by Cleveland for that Osweiler trade. The Browns will just cut him and take the cap hit and acquire a 2nd rounder!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Is Bouye better than Tru?
Bouye was incredible in 2016, but it was his first season ever actually starting. He kind of came out of nowhere. His and Gilmore's contracts probably are what Tru will look at as comparisons, if the Rams want to extend him.