OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's a long way to Tipperary
It's a long way to go
It's a long way to Tipperary
To the sweetest girl I know
Goodbye, Piccadilly
Farewell, Leicester Square
It's a long, long way to Tipperary
But my heart's right there

Psycho_X

Legend
Chase Blackburn at OTAs looking to talk to his special teams players.
Animated GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Nice hops ! Cam looking fresh,but still not C-bell RB.

You can see his work attitude of whew out of breath.Needs to be tougher than that.
—I know it’s a little thing,but he needs to be pushed & also rested at times.It’s a long season & having a championship Running Game is huge.
—Shanahan knows that & The Rams need to keep up with team.
—Upset about getting rid of Robinson,but The Rams need TE,WR, & a RB. In 2017 Cook,Kupp, & Kittle.

In 2020 I’d have almost tried to trade up in the 1st rd. Johnathan Taylor & AJ Dillion

Gurley was The Rams RB in 2017,so Cook would have prolonged his career.Especially knowing he had knee(injury)history.
In 2020 The Rams had a 3rd(string)down back in Henderson.I like a nice stable of RB’s.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice hops ! Cam looking fresh,but still not C-bell RB.

You can see his work attitude of whew out of breath.Needs to be tougher than that.
—I know it’s a little thing,but he needs to be pushed & also rested at times.It’s a long season & having a championship Running Game is huge.
—Shanahan knows that & The Rams need to keep up with team.
—Upset about getting rid of Robinson,but The Rams need TE,WR, & a RB. In 2017 Cook,Kupp, & Kittle.

In 2020 I’d have almost tried to trade up in the 1st rd. Johnathan Taylor & AJ Dillion

Gurley was The Rams RB in 2017,so Cook would have prolonged his career.Especially knowing he had knee(injury)history.
In 2020 The Rams had a 3rd(string)down back in Henderson.I like a nice stable of RB’s.

That is an odd observation. Care to elaborate?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That is an odd observation. Care to elaborate?

We’ll just see how The Draft plays out. I’m NEVER going to get to HOT or to COLD with Cam Akers.
The examples are there as far as him with The Rams.I think IMO that is enough to grant an ALERT! Being cause & planning for the future is going to be my main point.
-Seeing Cam Akers is a good sign.I also believe he should be resigned. His age has ALWAYS been a factor.I started a post that I could see a vision of GREAT RAM RB’s.
The PYHCO of a player is body language.It’s just a gauge.When he looks at the camera saying how hard that drill is(was) is worthy.Especially OTA’s & months away from training camp. I’ll be 10 yards from him in July & get a better TELL?
My main concern is The Rams running game & having depth.Jake Funk needed to get CUT a long time ago.I’ll give him playing special teams on the 2021 Superbowl Rams.Going into 2022 as The Rams 3rd down back was WEAK!!

Everyone has their rights for judgement.I’ve said & talked to kids at Rams Camp. This one guy thinks K. Williams was The Rams best RB,but being hurt & missing training camp as a rookie doesn’t help development.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We’ll just see how The Draft plays out. I’m NEVER going to get to HOT or to COLD with Cam Akers.
The examples are there as far as him with The Rams.I think IMO that is enough to grant an ALERT! Being cause & planning for the future is going to be my main point.
-Seeing Cam Akers is a good sign.I also believe he should be resigned. His age has ALWAYS been a factor.I started a post that I could see a vision of GREAT RAM RB’s.
The PYHCO of a player is body language.It’s just a gauge.When he looks at the camera saying how hard that drill is(was) is worthy.Especially OTA’s & months away from training camp. I’ll be 10 yards from him in July & get a better TELL?
My main concern is The Rams running game & having depth.Jake Funk needed to get CUT a long time ago.I’ll give him playing special teams on the 2021 Superbowl Rams.Going into 2022 as The Rams 3rd down back was WEAK!!

Everyone has their rights for judgement.I’ve said & talked to kids at Rams Camp. This one guy thinks K. Williams was The Rams best RB,but being hurt & missing training camp as a rookie doesn’t help development.
Fair enough, I just think it is odd to be down on him because you perceive him as tired after a drill, when who knows what he did prior to that drill. I bet 99% of players are worn out their first day back.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fair enough, I just think it is odd to be down on him because you perceive him as tired after a drill, when who knows what he did prior to that drill. I bet 99% of players are worn out their first day back.

That’s not it at all. I know I can be very confusing. That also wasn’t my point either.

-First off I LOVE Cam Akers.If you look at part of what I quoted was to resign him ? Not going to reread my own statement though.

Then not down on Cam either because off drills or at all. I do think The Rams need an extra Rab that can take reps from him & be his replacement?
-What is Cam Akers going to cost on the open market ?

He is looking good & glad he seems healthy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From another forum:

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - QB Matthew Stafford -
Monday, April 17, 2023

Quarterback Matthew Stafford

(On what the schedule looks like for phase one of OTAs)
“Yeah, meetings this morning. Heard from (Head Coach) Sean (McVay), heard
from (Offensive Coordinator) Mike (LaFleur), just kind of what we want to be
about this year and also some formations and all that kind of fun stuff. And then
heading to a workout here in a little bit. Pretty typical phase one schedule, but
excited to be back in the building and see everybody.”

(On what McVay said to the team in the meeting this morning)
“I'll kind of keep that between us, but it’s the same kinds of things. You want
use this time, phase one specifically, to kind of just build your team, what you
want to be about as individuals, how you want to work, how you want to come
together collectively. Obviously, we know we're going to have a bunch of new
teammates come the draft and all that kind of stuff as well. So being able to
kind of ingratiate those guys, bring those guys in as quickly as we possibly can.
But at this time of the year, it's very physical. Alright, what are we doing out
there on the field? What are we doing in the weight room? All that kind of stuff
to kind of get yourself ready to go. And at the same time, learning the basics of
what we're going to be on offense, what we're going to be on defense, special
teams, all those kinds of things. This is day one stuff and (I’m) just trying to
enjoy that process and understand that it's about building that foundation, starts
today, and we go from there.”

(On if there was any question or talk about his future with the team during
the offseason)
“I felt really confident I was coming back. I feel like more people were less
confident in that than I was. But no, I was ready to go, ready to play as soon as
I was cleared and I feel great, feel healthy, and I'm not 25 but I definitely feel
good.”

(On how he was able to prepare mentally coming off the injury last
season and move forward to the upcoming season)
“Yeah, I think like everybody that plays this game, you got to take some time
away just to kind of relax and reset. (I’ve) spent a lot of days in my life in a
practice facility somewhere, either here or in Detroit, and so you got to take that
time to kind of be away from it so that when you do come back, days like today
or days like the first day of training camp, whenever that is, that you are truly
really excited and ready to go, which I am at this point. So I think that's the
biggest thing. Just take some time and get ready to go.”

(On what makes him confident that the Rams are a place he could stay
and be successful long-term)
“Well, I love being here. I really love playing with the guys that we have in this
locker room, obviously there's going to be new faces. There are some great
teammates of mine that are no longer going to be teammates of mine through
this offseason. I understand that it's part of the business. But I love coming to
work here. I love working with our coaches and getting the opportunity to play
with some of the guys that we play with. So that made that decision easy for
me. And like you said, I didn't feel like it was the same kind of level and that's
yet to be seen. Every season is different, and we will see who our new
teammates are going to be and we'll go from there.”

(On if he can confirm Sean’s message at league meetings that he is a ‘full
go’ for offseason workouts and if he can describe what that will look like
for him)
“Yeah, definitely I'll be out there. I've been throwing with the guys a decent
amount leading up to this. So I feel good. Obviously going to do everything I
can to try to be as healthy as I can at all times. Not probably a human jugs
machine like I used to be, but (I) can still get it out there and throw it around a
bunch. So it'll be a process as it always is to try and stay as healthy as you
possibly can at all times. But I definitely feel like I can go out there and compete
and do everything I want to do which is fun and exciting for me.”

(On if he can expand on what he went through with his elbow injury last
season and how he feels now)
“I'm not going to talk too much about what used to be or how I used to feel or
anything like that. All I know is that I put a lot of work and time into trying to feel
as good as I can for right now. I do feel about as good as I can for right now
and it's exciting for me. So it was a lot of hard work, some tough times, and
(I’m) just excited to be where I am right now.”

(On having a longer offseason than last year and what he and Head
Coach Sean McVay can add to the playbook that they weren’t able to add
last year)
“I think there's plenty to be talked about when it comes to ideas and formations
and plays and whatever that is as far as building plays on offense. I think
maybe the part that I'm more excited about and is more fun for me is just being
able to be as refreshed as I am coming back into this building. Just building the
relationships with coaches, players, whoever it is. Just being able to spend time
with those guys, be in a good head space as far as how I'm feeling, what I'm
able to accomplish when I'm here, all those kinds of things. That puts me in a
good mood, gets me excited to be here and kind of helps me make sure that
my attitude, my energy level is at the correct place every single time I come in
here, and I feel like it's there right now.”

(On if his energy level and attitude was different at this time last year)
“Well, I wasn't able to do much and that's frustrating for me. Wasn't able to do
much. Obviously, it was a long season the year before, a great one, had a ton
of success, but I wasn't able to do what I wanted to do. We handed the ball off
on every play or whatever. I didn't throw all offseason. That's kind of frustrating
for a guy that likes to do that so it's kind of nice that I'll be able to go out there
and have a much more normal offseason experience and be able to be out
there and do what I love to do.”

(On what he saw from RB Cam Akers towards the end of last season and
what he is looking to build off of with him heading into this year)
“It was an interesting perspective being on the sideline at the end of the year
watching him. I thought he did an unbelievable job setting the tone in the run
game for us. He was running physical, making big plays, doing all the things we
really needed him to do. (I’m) looking for him to continue to build off of that.
Obviously he had a massive injury the year before and was able to get himself
back there late, but I think you talk to guys that have had those injuries, it's the
more time the better. You’d love to see that surge at the end of the year
continue into this year, and that's going to take hard work. I've been in here
working out on and off for a while now. I see him every time I'm in here so that's
a good thing for me to see.”

(On if his physical limitations last offseason affected him and the offense
during the season)
“I don't know. I just know for me, the more reps that I can get live the better I'm
going to be. I think if you ask a lot of guys in our locker room, they probably feel
the same way. I'll let that be my answer. I think that the more time that we can
spend together operating as a unit, the better we can be.”

(On this offseason being quieter than previous years and if management
discusses with him what the offseason plans are)
“I've been doing this going on 15 years now and I’ve been a part of all sorts of
offseasons. Some that were quiet like this that turned into really good years,
some that were really loud, like maybe two years ago, that turned into not so
good years. What matters is the games that we play in September and
October and all that through the season. This time of year, there can be a lot of
noise and a lot of people writing about a lot of things and it's understandable.
This is a yearlong business, the NFL nowadays. I understand that you guys
have things to talk about and it's all part of it, but for me it's just, okay, who do
we have in the building? Let's go to work with those guys, let's enjoy it. Let's
find a way to be better every single day, and if I can do that and lead that way, I
think we're going to be better for it. But it's different every single year. As far as
talking with those guys, I'm in communication with Sean (McVay) all the time.
Not to say that I know every single thing that's going on behind closed doors,
but they do a great job of communicating with me.”

(On what he can do to make sure that the offense is clicking heading into
the season if Allen Robinson remains on the team)
“I definitely think just trying to find as many things that we can to get better at.
That's me, that's him, that's everybody just trying to find ways to go about our
work and get better. I think obviously as many reps as I possibly can get with
him is going to help us out, just like everybody on our roster. Finding creative
ways to get guys in position to be successful. That's the name of the game in
this business and we'll continue to do that with whoever is on our team. (I) love
playing with Allen, hopefully get chances to play with him more, and we'll go
from there.”

--RA