OT: Post Dispatch is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Re: OT: Post Dispatch is the most pathetic thing I've ever s

I'm pretty much in Triple V's category, that site is old news.

Not that I give a fat rat's ahss, but if you were to ask me, there is 1 perhaps 2 lonely, lonely lost souls over there who've created God only know's how many multiple ID's (I'd swear on the Good Book DZ and Old Mary are one and the same...and many more)

Eff that place, eff the trolls, and while I'm at it, Eff the Diaz brothers.

There, I feel better already.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

OC--LeftCoast said:
Eff the Diaz brothers.

There, I feel better already.
:lol:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Seems after they banned Benchpresser 500 or whatever he was called Roman Candle went ape-shit and just created about 40 handles. The mods quit there and then. I cant believe the PD are trolling their own site on purpose but who knows...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RaminExile said:
I cant believe the PD are trolling their own site on purpose but who knows...
It's perfectly feasible to me if you think about it.

1. More page views equals more advertising revenue for the "paper."
2. The STL Media uses a lot of the lunacy from that site as show prep, so the more the better.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
RaminExile said:
It's perfectly feasible to me if you think about it.

1. More page views equals more advertising revenue for the "paper."
2. The STL Media uses a lot of the lunacy from that site as show prep, so the more the better.

Not to mention sometimes they even 'antagonise' Bernie, thus allowing him to primp and pump himself up and use it as forum to talk about how good he is.

Bernie plays both sides, he plays the antagonizer so the trolls have things to cling to, then the defender so he can reel in the normal people.

And by flipflopping he can drag in conflict with people who notice it and thus look even better because he's being so nice even when he's being picked on.

It's a perfect plan.

BobCarl

Rookie

RaminExile said:
A few years back a person from inside the PD looked up IP addresses on those that he didn't like ... he sent letters to employers telling them that they were posting while at work. the return address he used was Rams park.

My boss laughed at the letter he got about me as he didn't care if I was talking about football while at work ... just as long as I got my job done.

And a year or two ago ... in a non-football forum, a PD person got someone fired from their job that way ... the PD person (I forget his name) was found out and his name was trashed across the country. the PD did not fire the guy.

As far as "professional" trolls ... they write the articles that get published.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie

Rule of thumb for myself is if I post try and ADD something to the conversation. There are plenty of people to point out whats wrong. You can't look at the team thru rose colored glasses, but if the whole point of the conversation is to whine about whats wrong I am not interested. I want to know why its wrong or what to do about it. So many of those guys stay stupid their whole lives because they refuse to even consider someone elses opinion if it differs from their own.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

BobCarl said:
RaminExile said:
A few years back a person from inside the PD looked up IP addresses on those that he didn't like ... he sent letters to employers telling them that they were posting while at work. the return address he used was Rams park.

My boss laughed at the letter he got about me as he didn't care if I was talking about football while at work ... just as long as I got my job done.

And a year or two ago ... in a non-football forum, a PD person got someone fired from their job that way ... the PD person (I forget his name) was found out and his name was trashed across the country. the PD did not fire the guy.

As far as "professional" trolls ... they write the articles that get published.

What a little bitch! Just sums them up. They've got nothing better to do but try and get people fired.