OT: Merry Christmas to you all! Rubiks Cube

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Hello all and a very merry christmas!

This is an off topic conversation for sure.

My niece has gained a real like for solving puzzles. I've never been a master at a rubiks cube. I've been able to solve for one color for a while and that is what I was encouraging my young niece to do. Understand the places of the pieces and how to manipulate the cube.

I am just curious if any of you brilliant people have a way to help me help her learn....?

I tried to follow instructions for hours tonight but I got lost in the algorithm over and over again needing to restart.

Like I say I can match one color but I also know that solving one color will never lead to the true success of the puzzle. You will learn the mechanism of the puzzle but not the thinking it takes to solve the full puzzle.

Like I say I've been trying for hours. I finally gave up and Googled and found a solution center that helped me solve the cube so that when she wakes up it'll be back to solved.

Ultimately I am wondering if anyone has a good spot to look to help my niece, who is inclined to solve puzzles, be a bit more confident in understanding the steps it takes to solve a CUBE.

ULTIMATELY! LET'S GO RAMS!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My solution was always to take it apart and put it back together. :laugh4:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There are books that not only can give you a solution, but they show you how to do it no matter what configuration it's in.

I remember they used to sell one from Scholastic or whoever did the book fair when I was in Elementary School.... back when the world was analog and people smoked in cars during the winter...

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Hello all and a very merry christmas!

This is an off topic conversation for sure.

My niece has gained a real like for solving puzzles. I've never been a master at a rubiks cube. I've been able to solve for one color for a while and that is what I was encouraging my young niece to do. Understand the places of the pieces and how to manipulate the cube.

I am just curious if any of you brilliant people have a way to help me help her learn....?

I tried to follow instructions for hours tonight but I got lost in the algorithm over and over again needing to restart.

Like I say I can match one color but I also know that solving one color will never lead to the true success of the puzzle. You will learn the mechanism of the puzzle but not the thinking it takes to solve the full puzzle.

Like I say I've been trying for hours. I finally gave up and Googled and found a solution center that helped me solve the cube so that when she wakes up it'll be back to solved.

Ultimately I am wondering if anyone has a good spot to look to help my niece, who is inclined to solve puzzles, be a bit more confident in understanding the steps it takes to solve a CUBE.

ULTIMATELY! LET'S GO RAMS!
Dude just use YouTube! That’s how I learned a while ago. There are instructional videos that list which algorithms to use at each step.

Last edited:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. I used the above video and solved it while she was asleep and left it sitting out. Lol.

GO RAMS

Tano

Legend
I have been told to never move the center row/column

It makes sense if you think about it