Osweiler or Manning; who do you start?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you start going into the playoffs?

• Brock Osweiler

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iler-over-peyton-manning-rival-execs-weigh-in

Brock Osweiler certainly hasn't set the world on fire over the last month, but his play in Denver's comeback win Monday night provides reason for the Broncos to stick with him. And in asking around to execs who work the pro side and defensive coaches, I had a hard time finding anyone this week who thought it was a good idea to go back to Peyton Manning now, no matter how healthy he is. The prevailing thought is to keep riding Osweiler.

"If he plays well [on Sunday against San Diego], I think I would," said one AFC personnel exec. "They need to win for the division, so they should be throwing their fastball. So we'll see that. And last year, Peyton was trending down towards the end."

An NFC pro scouting director added on Osweiler, "I like what I see so far. I don't think he's gonna be a 35-attempt-a-game guy, but he should be a good fit for [Gary] Kubiak's true system, which employs more balance."

Indeed, Denver is 2-2 in games where Osweiler crosses that 35-attempt threshold and 2-0 in his starts where he threw it less than 35 times. And as much as anything else, the Broncos have found a rhythm in the run game around Osweiler, going over 100 yards rushing in five of his six starts after hitting triple-digits on the ground just three times in Manning's nine starts.

So everything here points to the Broncos sticking to what's been their plan to stay with Osweiler. Maybe it'll get a little awkward. But it's what's best for the team, with Manning set to dress as a backup for the first time in 21 years. Add that to the Al Jazeera report of last weekend, and if this is it for Manning, all of it qualifies as a rough end for one of the game's all-time greats. But the truth is, these things rarely come to a smooth conclusion.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've only seen a little of Brock Osweiler, but for my playoff run; I go with the proven guy -> Peyton Manning.

And... It's not even close for me.

Osweiler is not ready for the playoff stage.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've only seen a little of Brock Osweiler, but for my playoff run; I go with the proven guy -> Peyton Manning.

And... It's not even close for me.

Osweiler is not ready for the playoff stage.

I look at it differently. The Broncos could be very good for a few years run and Manning wont be a part of it. They need to throw Osweiler into the fire and get him used to playoff football now so he is ready next year, and the year after that and the year after that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I go with the kid, he can move in the pocket and has won some big games for them. You can always go to Manning if the offense is not moving, but you can't go the other way.

FRO

Legend
It depends on if Manning's health was really bothering him at the end of last season and the beginning this year. If so and he is now healthy, Manning should be your QB. If not then it should be the kid. I'm thinking the latter is true and that's why Manning isn't starting the last game of the year.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You have no chance at the Super Bowl if Manning comes back. He won't be any better then he was vs the Colts in last years playoff game. He had an entire offseason to heal up and now he has much less time. What makes anyone think he would come back stronger then he did in the beginning of the year? Brock can win. He has an actual arm and not 4 year olds playing peewee football. Play the kid, lose to the Patriots and come back stronger next year.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Play the kid, lose to the Patriots and come back stronger next year.

Or kick their damn ass with your defense putting Powder Puff Brady on the ground many times and have him crying to the refs after every hit.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Or kick their damn ass with your defense putting Powder Puff Brady on the ground many times and have him crying to the refs after every hit.
I would love to see that. But being in Foxboro, with Gronk, Edleman, Amendola and Lafell all healthy I don't see anyone beating them.

Athos

Legend
Start Brock.

If he blows after the first, bring Peyton in.

Manning has the exp yea, but his physical limitations are just eating away at his ability to QB now.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Manning

To me it's a no brainer, I'd be surprised if the Donkeys staff sees it any other way

"You play to win"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not the only Manning vote.

:yess:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would love to see that. But being in Foxboro, with Gronk, Edleman, Amendola and Lafell all healthy I don't see anyone beating them.

I do, they have no running game and the offensive line is a mess understood in Foxboro you have to beat the Patriots and the Zebras as well, however, if the Jets can get buy the Bills they can't beat them, however, how healthy Edleman will be the key maybe he won't be 100% by the time the playoffs start.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I play Manning. It would be one thing if Brock was tearing it up but he isn't. I know that one is your future and the other is your past, but let Peyton make one last run at it.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since I have a stake in this game (Survivor Champ) I'll chime in and say go with
Osweiler for now until they're in a predicament that necessitates a change. It's Denver's D who will carry them into the playoffs IMO.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Brock. Manning shouldn't play just based on name alone, the guy was dreadful the whole year and was bogging the team down.

DenverRam

Starter
Manning, he has earned it.

I dont see Oz leading Denver to a SB this year

Problem is, nobody really knows if he is that healthy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't see either guy getting them to the superbowl. But if its going to happen it would be with Manning. You can't discount his skills and the fact that he's been there done that a gazillion times.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on Manning's health. Probably Brock.