Opening kick penalties not called

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So I just did a rewind on the DVR, did the slow motion thing....

Guess what?

THREE blocks in the back down at the 15-20 yard line that cause the returner to be able to break free.

First, I can't see the numbers too well but one of our players is being rode from behind for 15 yards by either number 81 or 87 from the Cowboys. That's on the far side.

Second, Bradley Marquez (know him by his hair) is totally blocked from behind as he was zeroing in on the returner.

Third was a Ram who was following Marquez and turning inside when he was hit from behind although he may not of had the angle to make a play.

So FREAK you NFL refs! Plain as day!!!

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Guess what?

THREE blocks in the back down at the 15-20 yard line that cause the returner to be able to break free.

First, I can't see the numbers too well but one of our players is being rode from behind for 15 yards by either number 81 or 87 from the Cowboys. That's on the far side.

Second, Bradley Marquez (know him by his hair) is totally blocked from behind as he was zeroing in on the returner.

Third was a Ram who was following Marquez and turning inside when he was hit from behind although he may not of had the angle to make a play.

So FREAK you NFL refs! Plane as day!!!

Dallas always get the breaks, they hold on a regular basis. But because they are believed to have the best OL in football they are allowed to hold, the Rams are not thought of as a top OL so if it looks like they are sustaining blocks to long they get called for holding even if they aren't.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Hate to say this, but do we really need to be this cynical over a preseason game? Haha no offense man just sayin, it's all good cause we won anyway. We're with you though, we all know the refs are usually pretty bad.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hate to say this, but do we really need to be this cynical over a preseason game? Haha no offense man just sayin, it's all good cause we won anyway. We're with you though, we all know the refs are usually pretty bad.

I hear ya, I was just having a moment. I think I'm better now, thanks for asking.:sneaky:

I'm so much a homer and I just hate obvious missed calls.

Oh, wait, there I go again. Let me go turn on something mellow on TV like COPS.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Saw it live, was like even refs have their preseason. No worries.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I hear ya, I was just having a moment. I think I'm better now, thanks for asking.:sneaky:

I'm so much a homer and I just hate obvious missed calls.

Oh, wait, there I go again. Let me go turn on something mellow on TV like COPS.

Haha I'm with you man. I wouldn't even call it being a homer, it's more or less just wanting to see good fair football.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wish I could say that is was surprising :(

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
38 was held / tackled and bradley marquez was lining up ole lucky when he was blocked in the back. oh well, hope that doesnt happen when it counts. going to see a few illegal motions on centers until they get used to the no movement of the ball before snaps.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I was watching with a friend and was pointing out those blocks. Saw them live, and then there was the replay.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
We can complain about missed calls all we want - and even I must say I thought Marquez was blocked in the back - but at the end of the day, you have to attack the return man. That's the first thing I noticed on the kickoff. When guys are so worried about missing tackles, they'll stop and wait for the return man to make his move first. But what happens when you wait? The blockers are gonna cut you off and set up a lane and the results are not pretty. Definitely a good learning point for next week and should make for some good TV on the next Hard Knocks episode!

Edit: Oddly enough, it was Marquez who didn't attack. Reynolds comes in from the top right of the screen and misses an arm tackle. Meanwhile, Marquez stops for a brief second. That second is all he needed to get blocked (illegally) in the back. From there on, a nice return wall was all ready formed for the Cowboys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We can complain about missed calls all we want - and even I must say I thought Marquez was blocked in the back - but at the end of the day, you have to attack the return man. That's the first thing I noticed on the kickoff. When guys are so worried about missing tackles, they'll stop and wait for the return man to make his move first. But what happens when you wait? The blockers are gonna cut you off and set up a lane and the results are not pretty. Definitely a good learning point for next week and should make for some good TV on the next Hard Knocks episode!

Edit: Oddly enough, it was Marquez who didn't attack. Reynolds comes in from the top right of the screen and misses an arm tackle. Meanwhile, Marquez stops for a brief second. That second is all he needed to get blocked (illegally) in the back. From there on, a nice return wall was all ready formed for the Cowboys.

There were at least two blocks in the back that prevented the tackle. One started from the side but ended in a shove from behind. I thought it was easy to spot and the refs really screwed that call. My 9 year old saw it and he is just starting to watch the games.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Guess what?

So FREAK you NFL refs! Plain as day!!!

I saw that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The zebras only call those blocks in the back when the Rams are running for a return TD. Those are expressly reserved for us.

On the serious side... Fuck the pooch kick. Kick the fucking ball through the endzone on kickoffs. Problem solved.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
freak the pooch kick. Kick the freaking ball through the endzone on kickoffs. Problem solved.
Agreed, But I am pretty certain that was a planned move to get special teams work. During the regular season that is a touchback and never happens.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a video posted on youtube by the NFL. You'll have to click the link again they've disabled replays on other sites. At the 9-10 second mark you can see 3 blocks in the back one literally right in front of the returner.

View: https://youtu.be/Y-aNFIPzr84?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I promised my wife I would not yell at the officiating during preseason games and I fulfilled my promise in game one. Chase Reynolds had Whitehead dead to rights and whiffed on the tackle, still don't understand why Reynolds makes this team. Anyway, it was a good lesson IMO, sometimes it's okay to kick it out of the end zone and let the team start at the 25, but the coverage was better for the remainder of the game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's a video posted on youtube by the NFL. You'll have to click the link again they've disabled replays on other sites. At the 9-10 second mark you can see 3 blocks in the back one literally right in front of the returner.

View: https://youtu.be/Y-aNFIPzr84?

Thank you @OldSchool and gentlemen IMO the block on Marquez, slow it down, the blocker hits Marquez on the side with his helmet in front, watching it quick, it appears in the back, but it wasn't, Reynolds whiffed totally and the other player Cody Davis, did appear to get hit in the back, but it was not a push in the back because the Dallas player did not use his arms, actually I don't have an issue with no flags, sorry and I feel I'm very tough on the officials.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you @OldSchool and gentlemen IMO the block on Marquez, slow it down, the blocker hits Marquez on the side with his helmet in front, watching it quick, it appears in the back, but it wasn't, Reynolds whiffed totally and the other player Cody Davis, did appear to get hit in the back, but it was not a push in the back because the Dallas player did not use his arms, actually I don't have an issue with no flags, sorry and I feel I'm very tough on the officials.
Yeah in the other thread I mentioned that one was close to call.