Opening day..........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
I for one am still pumped about flying in from Fla. for the Vikings game and the upcoming season. I am lucky enough to be able to drive to the Tampa game also. So I will be there having some fun and watching our Rams for the 1st 2 games! My only wish is for all our starters to sit for this last preseason game(does anyone know if that is the plan?). Lets get some work in for our back up qb at this point. Even though I do think Hill and the rest of the "O" can use some live action why risk it? I do believe in Fisher and his philosophy. Lets come into the season as healthy as we can and start preparing for the Vikings. I always felt this was going to be a great test for our defense. limiting AP well be a great boost for our confidence. I see the Rams coming out with our heads hung high and proud with a Rams 23 Vikings 13 final.........................

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I was so excited for this season with Bradford looking good and healthy, I saw yhe playoffs as a possibility. Now my spirit has been dampened, games I was pretty sure they would win before now im not sure. I really hope that Hill can step it up and be good enough to win, I guess I just have to wait and see. Enjoy both of those victories, hopefully

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Cassel has been given the start for the Vikings, so it's basically like a piñata hanging back there in the pocket. Should be entertaining to watch GW dial up the heat against him. I just hope they can contain AP. I was at the Vikings game in 2012 and threw up in my mouth when he broke that 80 yarder. I just really hate the Vikings.

ramfaninfla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My spirit WAS dampened also with Bradford going down. No reason to give up hope before things get rolling. Time to roll up the sleeves and accept the "new" challenge. I for one would not want to walk up to the other 52 men on the roster and staff and tell them we have no shot at any success this year. Hell, what if S. Hill comes out and surprises everyone. Can it happen? Sure. Can it not? sure. I hope we as fans can start to believe in this up coming season and make the dome rock. We need this team to believe in us as fans to support them and know they will give us something back in return. I just think I'm not a doom and gloom guy...Does this situation suck? Hell yeah!!Does this mean the Rams suck? Hell NO!!!!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I for one am still pumped about flying in from Fla. for the Vikings game and the upcoming season. I am lucky enough to be able to drive to the Tampa game also. So I will be there having some fun and watching our Rams for the 1st 2 games! My only wish is for all our starters to sit for this last preseason game(does anyone know if that is the plan?). Lets get some work in for our back up qb at this point. Even though I do think Hill and the rest of the "O" can use some live action why risk it? I do believe in Fisher and his philosophy. Lets come into the season as healthy as we can and start preparing for the Vikings. I always felt this was going to be a great test for our defense. limiting AP well be a great boost for our confidence. I see the Rams coming out with our heads hung high and proud with a Rams 23 Vikings 13 final.........................

The first 2... that's awesome!

I don't agree about the starters. Hill needs a series or two. He's a vet but he's still new to the Rams.

I'm very glad they have a short week this week. Keeps them focused on the game instead of licking wounds and gives them extra time to prepare for the opening game.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Have you seen ticket prices? On Stub Hub they were $40+ dollars last week. This week they're down to $18.

I can't say no to that!

ramfaninfla

Hell yeah!!!!!Fill the dome. Lets go and make some noise folks. We have been waiting for this season to start for months now. I remember reading on here after the draft people were saying "I cant wait for the season". Well, it is here now. I can not wait for the dome to be so loud with Greg W. bringing some heat and Quinn getting his 1st sack of the year and hear the place erupt even more so...So lets not disappoint our Rams and ownership. Show them no matter what we are behind you and still believe...

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm in. Bought 4 at less than face value.

And if you click their StubHub fan rewards they give you like $2 off of each.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I am flying in for the opener. Have never missed one and do not plan on doing it this year. I and my 3 other family members will be making a TON of noise. Cannot wait and I hope to see a decent crowd show up!

Athos

Legend
I'll admit, I'm not AS excited.

I was absolutely pumped to see what Bradford could do with the O-Line improvements, the addition of Britt, and the emergence of Quick. Was expecting some exciting things from the O.

Now it's back to the game of keeping my expectations low and be super surprised.

ramfaninfla

TexRamFan....I am the same way. I always go to the home opener. I also pick 1 away game. I just lucked out this year. Week 2 in Tampa and I live in Fla. Just a short drive away, I am hoping for a good crowd also.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The first 2... that's awesome!

I don't agree about the starters. Hill needs a series or two. He's a vet but he's still new to the Rams.

I'm very glad they have a short week this week. Keeps them focused on the game instead of licking wounds and gives them extra time to prepare for the opening game.
+ IMHO Laurinaitus needs to get in their and shake off some rust before Game #1! ( not to mention Jake Long!!)

iced

Cassel has been given the start for the Vikings, so it's basically like a piñata hanging back there in the pocket. Should be entertaining to watch GW dial up the heat against him. I just hope they can contain AP. I was at the Vikings game in 2012 and threw up in my mouth when he broke that 80 yarder. I just really hate the Vikings.

That play and playcall was the the final nail in Blake William's coffin...

I also personally don't get why the hell you call a Fire Zone blitz on 1st & 20 that drops both your DT's into zone coverage against the running back who was shooting for the record....

but hey what do i know?

Slappy967

Starter
My wife and I will be driving the 2 hours down to the Ed for the opener! I don't care if its Hill, Banks, Bulger or Bradford I support this team and want them to stay here a long time!

ramfaninfla

My wife and I will be driving the 2 hours down to the Ed for the opener! I don't care if its Hill, Banks, Bulger or Bradford I support this team and want them to stay here a long time!
...........Nice. I do hope there is a great turn out for the game. Show Stan how important to St Louis the Rams are.

Memphis Ram

Legend
One thing is for sure, if the special teams coverage units play like they did vs. Cleveland, they might as well not even take the field because Patterson and Sherrels will kill them.

BTW, I've read on Vikings boards that LT Matt Kalil is struggling. If so, Quinn could be in for a nice day.

ramfaninfla

One thing is for sure, if the special teams coverage units play like they did vs. Cleveland, they might as well not even take the field because Patterson and Sherrels will kill them.

Out of the big 3 (running the ball, play great "D" & Special teams) Special teams is our weakest link.Special Teams play will be huge for the rams this year. Either in a positive or negative way. Let Tavon do his stuff and limit the penalties on returns giving the offense a chance with a short field. Then on the other side, Cover kicks and make teams go a long way against the "D". If they can improve that it will make life a lot easier. I know that is stating the obvious :cool: But they need to limit the mistake in that area

RamzFanz

Damnit

They were great on ST last season. Not just good, great. They had penalty issues early but overall, they played fantastic. Best punt net yards in the NFL.