Open letter to Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Dear Mr Fisher,

We, the fans of the Rams, don't believe you are making wise choices.

We were fully supportive of the choice of you as a head coach.

However, we must now question the future of the Rams' possible success based upon your control of the OC and DC. We all know the talent is there, yet the outcomes are not what the talent would allow if they were wisely lead.

It shouldn't need to be said that the defense should focus on shutting down Fitzgerald, Jones, and Bryant. It's not a secret that they are outstanding players. It's unfathomable that they should be allowed more yards off the LOS than they need for a first down and never covered over the top.

It's unfathomable that the Rams offense scores consistently in a faster paced offense yet they are never encouraged to run that offense. Dallas might have been the worst coached game I've ever seen even after everyone in the NFL world warned that you couldn't win with a soft pass defense and slow and uninspired offense.

I, personally, will not subject those players to unreasonable scrutiny while they are not allowed to play this game in the manner they are best suited.

I'm not surprised they are dropping passes while disenchanted with their possibility to win. I've watched them catch very well when they were fighting to win.

The Rams look scared and it's not the player's fault. Wake up or die a slow and boring death in the NFCW.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
One thing I have to admit when Fisher was in Tenn he always had very conserative offenses. Explains why they lost a lot of games like 14-10.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No offense, but don't speak for me.

I heard 4 players say today that they didn't execute.
Maybe that IS the problem.

sent via Tapatalk.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GreeneCounty said:
One thing I have to admit when Fisher was in Tenn he always had very conserative offenses. Explains why they lost a lot of games like 14-10.

Which I would find reasonable in a season like the Rams' last season where they had no offense and an impressive defense.

What I will not accept is that the defense is intact and they suck because of scheme.
What are they thinking? Have you seen any effective blitzes? I haven't.

I'm at 100% horrible play calling and schemes. When those aren't kindergarten, then I'll comment on player ability and execution.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
RamzFanz said:
GreeneCounty said:

Which I would find reasonable in a season like the Rams' last season where they had no offense and an impressive defense.

What I will not accept is that the defense is intact and they suck because of scheme.
What are they thinking? Have you seen any effective blitzes? I haven't.

I'm at 100% horrible play calling and schemes. When those aren't kindergarten, then I'll comment on player ability and execution.

The cushion CB'S gave all day was horrible.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.
You see the game yet?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I've seen it and agree there was bad schemes. I will agree with x though don't speak for me there was some bad execution out there today as well bad scheme or not drops are plays that coulda been

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Fisher needs a filter, there was a reason why he wasn't the end all be all in Tennessee, say what you want about Bud.. Chances are you'd be correct, but he was right in one thing.

Fisher's way doesn't always work. He need somebody to keep him in line so he doesn't destroy the team being hardheaded.

Kroenke might have to step in and tell him what's best for the team.

This cushion and conservative play is just crushing us. Players need to execute, but you also need to put your players in the best situation to succeed.

Walton, Schott, Fisher. They haven't done that so much.

RamzFanz

Damnit
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

X, you could criticize my opinion every post and I wouldn't take offense. You are an intelligent observer.

If a player says they didn't execute, which they DID NOT many times today, I would agree IF that where the core issue. They didn't start dropping until the end game. They had no choice about the pace. They played off AGAIN with a top receiver even though that didn't work the last two games.

I'm sorry, I'm a huge fan, this coaching sucked hard. Even if they were destined to lose, they were far better players than this. This was horrible and sad. Did they even blitz? Did they ever go hurry up? Maybe they did, I can't remember because I was so pissed they weren't playing to win.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Did anyone else not notice that the bad individual play came after the game was out of hand?

Were they quitting on the coach or just stressed? I'm not sure but I was left explaining that those receivers don't drop so much after the game was out of hand.

What was up with the play calling once they knew the O line was out matched? Were you not screaming for slants? Where were they? Cook? Austin?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Don't speak for me I just think the stage was too big for youngins, Jerry World is probably a little intimidating of a venue to play at for a lot of these rooks', I want to see Fish get em ready for the big stage this thursday at home on a nationally televised game, come into it angry and pissed off and show the world we are no fucking joke!! :nix: :pissed: :owned:

fastcat

Pro Bowler
RamzFanz said:
Did anyone else not notice that the bad individual play came after the game was out of hand?

Were they quitting on the coach or just stressed? I'm not sure but I was left explaining that those receivers don't drop so much after the game was out of hand.

What was up with the play calling once they knew the O line was out matched? Were you not screaming for slants? Where were they? Cook? Austin?

Samething happened last week too, we were dropping passes in crunch time. Today it looked like some players quit. Cook is one of them, BUT ON that very last offensive play it was 4th and 20. And Sam decides to throw a 4yd pass to cook, that he looked like he wanted no part of and dropped it. Sam might as well had took a knee on the play becuase that 4yd pass wasn't gonna do anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

had

Rookie
Open letter to Jeff Fisher.

Interesting.

I'd want Fisher to just let this team be what it is. Young, bold, aggressive, and flying around.

Want to take a young team and try to calm them the F down? You sag.

Just let these young men play. There is nothing to lose.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Then we would probably be complaining that the team is running around without any structure and getting their asses kicked because they have no discipline.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rabid Ram said:
I've seen it and agree there was bad schemes. I will agree with x though don't speak for me there was some bad execution out there today as well bad scheme or not drops are plays that coulda been

Which mostly happened in the second half after the game was well lost. I'm not excusing them but I'm starting to think the players know they can't win and aren't playing. If they catch all of those passes do they win? Nope. It was the worst schemes I've ever seen with this talent.

had

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
Then we would probably be complaining that the team is running around without any structure and getting their asses kicked because they have no discipline.

True. There is no end to the bitching. Never.

But which would you prefer?

I have formed the opinion that this game planning is in place to control youthful mistakes. But has, instead, stifled youthful exuberance.

I know which one I'd prefer, regardless if I'd bitch about both.

RamzFanz

Damnit
had said:
Open letter to Jeff Fisher.

Interesting.

I'd want Fisher to just let this team be what it is. Young, bold, aggressive, and flying around.

Want to take a young team and try to calm them the F down? You sag.

Just let these young men play. There is nothing to lose.

That's interesting. I'm saying that Fisher is stopping them and you are saying I want Fisher to slow them down.

I want Fisher to do hurry up. I want him to play to win instead of not to lose so bad. I want the D to blitz a lot AND cover the opposing teams' best receivers.

Reading comprehension?

RamzFanz

Damnit
had said:
bluecoconuts said:

True. There is no end to the bitching. Never.

But which would you prefer?

I have formed the opinion that this game planning is in place to control youthful mistakes. But has, instead, stifled youthful exuberance.

I know which one I'd prefer, regardless if I'd bitch about both.

I don't bitch when the Rams lose by nature as long as I feel they are headed in the right direction.

Does anyone here think they are headed in the right direction? I don't mean talent, I mean OC and DC.