OOOOLD Football films/film footage !

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram29jackson

Rookie
I never played the game in pads. I don't understand/know a whole lot about all the football tech/ideology.

I just like how football looks and plays. I like the uniforms and helmet histories/designs.
Its visually fascinating to me. And I like that some use youtube to not let its history die.

I think the date on this may be wrong ? year ?

1940s instruction

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can you imagine today's players playing with leather helmets? :wow:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember that series too.

As well as those, "You make the call" segments.
I suspect they dare not resurrect that now.

ram29jackson

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you imagine today's players playing with leather helmets? :wow:

it should not be hard to teach players that they cant spear people any more. They should simply be obligated to tackle someone with arms and not a head to the body.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
it should not be hard to teach players that they cant spear people any more. They should simply be obligated to tackle someone with arms and not a head to the body.
Yeah, but, the speed of the game (now) is exponentially faster, and the players exponentially bigger/stronger.

ram29jackson

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but, the speed of the game (now) is exponentially faster, and the players exponentially bigger/stronger.

intellectually that makes no difference. You are either allowed to hit people with your head and or dive at them or you are not allowed to. Rules are easy to understand and follow. But the NFL has still left it vague so dumb asses still dive at each other