Only Two Years...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
At home, killing time and surfing Youtube, I stumbled upon the 'Week in the Life' of Steven Jackson. It took place leading up to the week 11 or 12 game against Atlanta in 2010. Not only is it great to see the dedication to his craft that Mr. Jackson employs, but it's amazing to realize that just two measly years ago, this team was on the rise and one game away from playoffs.

Look at some of the shots in the locker room in that video and the names on jerseys, it's amazing how many guys are gone in just two years' time. I know that most of you guys on this site are aware of it all, but it really hit me how much this team has done in just 2 years time. They hit rock bottom, again, cleaned house, again, and are now on the rise, again. I just really feel for Jackson as everything he's done in his entire career will basically be forgotten by most simply because the guy hasn't played for contenders. I don't think there's anyone that can be blamed for it as over the past 8 years there have been plenty of suspect "leaders" around this ball club, but I just think the average fan or even people who don't follow the Rams would be shocked to know how much turmoil is around this team at all times and how one guy has been the constant unsung hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwq770sdm_g&feature=related

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I posted that before and it's pretty awesome. Very well done. I don't know how many other RBs have their own ice tub and hyperbaric chamber either. It's pretty amazing to see how much that guy does to keep himself in shape year in and year out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Warner4Prez said:
At home, killing time and surfing Youtube, I stumbled upon the 'Week in the Life' of Steven Jackson. It took place leading up to the week 11 or 12 game against Atlanta in 2010. Not only is it great to see the dedication to his craft that Mr. Jackson employs, but it's amazing to realize that just two measly years ago, this team was on the rise and one game away from playoffs.

Look at some of the shots in the locker room in that video and the names on jerseys, it's amazing how many guys are gone in just two years' time. I know that most of you guys on this site are aware of it all, but it really hit me how much this team has done in just 2 years time. They hit rock bottom, again, cleaned house, again, and are now on the rise, again. I just really feel for Jackson as everything he's done in his entire career will basically be forgotten by most simply because the guy hasn't played for contenders. I don't think there's anyone that can be blamed for it as over the past 8 years there have been plenty of suspect "leaders" around this ball club, but I just think the average fan or even people who don't follow the Rams would be shocked to know how much turmoil is around this team at all times and how one guy has been the constant unsung hero.

Nah ,the constant has been John Shaw who guided the organization to refuse to pay and properly supervise Martz once they had the team at dynastic level HE more than anyone LET /MADE it fall apart.

I'm not saying he wasn't integral to the rise, but he did as much to F it up AFTER he'd HIT on some extraordinary people.

When Kroenke decided to outbid the Dolphins for the guy he wanted as his coach ,I KNEW we'd rebound because he wasn't going to worry about ROI over winning.
BTW Kroenke did consult with Shaw on things LIKE WHO to hire, I don't doubt Shaws knowledge of football and who the best coaches etc are, JUST that I believe HIS pay from the Rams was probably in some way tied to profit and walla CEO becomes more focussed on the bottom line than on winning.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thordaddy said:
Warner4Prez said:

Nah ,the constant has been John Shaw who guided the organization to refuse to pay and properly supervise Martz once they had the team at dynastic level HE more than anyone LET /MADE it fall apart.

I'm not saying he wasn't integral to the rise, but he did as much to F it up AFTER he'd HIT on some extraordinary people.

When Kroenke decided to outbid the Dolphins for the guy he wanted as his coach ,I KNEW we'd rebound because he wasn't going to worry about ROI over winning.
BTW Kroenke did consult with Shaw on things LIKE WHO to hire, I don't doubt Shaws knowledge of football and who the best coaches etc are, JUST that I believe HIS pay from the Rams was probably in some way tied to profit and walla CEO becomes more focussed on the bottom line than on winning.

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. You SHOULD doubt shaw's knowledge of football.

He is absolutely the one to blame for the dysfunction and disaster. Period.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Thordaddy said:
Warner4Prez said:

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. You SHOULD doubt shaw's knowledge of football.

He is absolutely the one to blame for the dysfunction and disaster. Period.
IMA say this short and sour, he brought in Martz, Green and Faulk.
He wasn't completely inept, but again he was too ROI and mistakenly thought he could trust Ziggenheim who convinced him that finding the most competent man and firing him was the way to go.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don't get me started Thor.

In 30+ years of bean-counting for Georgia ,,, shaw had ample time to accidentally fall into an illusion of football smarts. That mother fucker is the Devil.

Great for writing contracts and hiring accountants ,,, also holds the esteemed honor of being the Ring Leader of the longest running Clown Show in the history of pro football.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Warner4Prez said:

My old man is/was pretty well entrenched in the anti-Shaw and Georgia camp, so I've heard quite a bit of that. It's hard to believe that in the NFL such ineptitude could have gone on for soooo long. Even the likes of Jerrah Jones and that goon who runs the Colts make decent personnel moves on a somewhat consistent basis. What's done is done though, unfortunately for Jackson it seems to have taken a bit too long to get this thing back on the right track.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Don't get me started Thor.

In 30+ years of bean-counting for Georgia ,,, shaw had ample time to accidentally fall into an illusion of football smarts. That mother fucker is the Devil.

Great for writing contracts and hiring accountants ,,, also holds the esteemed honor of being the Ring Leader of the longest running Clown Show in the history of pro football.

BBBBBut rastahman ,I'm beautiful when you're angry