One thing I noticed about McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
He was very engaged with the players during the game.

I know it's only been one game, but it seems like the entire vibe has changed. I think the players loved Fish, but they identify with McVay.

He's turned over the roster enough to where everyone left is genuinely excited about where this team can go. There's no doubt we have coaching talent and innovation on both sides of the ball.

fearsomefour

Legend
As I mentioned in another thread my wife referred to McVay as "that Justin Timberlake looking coach".....and now I can't unsee it.
I am just excited to see the offense progresses through the year. Even after the eventual bad game....how does McVay and Co bounce back.
Good times.

jjab360

Legend
Another thing I noticed is how he used some of the rare things this offense did well in the past. That Tavon end-around decoy that we utilized so well in 2015 and mysteriously discarded last year for example. That thing killed on play action and could end up being a staple for this offense in both the pass and run game.

The bunch sets against press coverage is something else we rarely used in the past yet worked when it did.

The guy just understands offense and how to manipulate defenses and knows exactly what kind of players he needs to execute his scheme. To say it's like a breath of fresh air is such an understatement, I'm crazy excited to see how good this team could truly be.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's all Business, and he has Fun at it! OH! that's two things!:oops:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Does anyone else think that he sounds a little like Michael J Fox? Its like a blend of John Gruden and Marty McFly.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I noticed that the team was very well prepared.

You didn't see many blown assignments.
Our player may have been beaten on a play but he wasn't totally out of position on defense.

Offensive line still needs a little work but that's to be expected.

They did their magic on Goff.
He looked confident was throwing accurately and knew the play.

Gurley still a little hesitant looking.

Still a great looking team playing together.

RamsFan47

Rookie
One thing I notice about Mcvay is that he's truly humbled by the position he's in. Respect for the game and the respect for the players and coaches.
It's crystal clear to me that his "we not me" slogan is not lip service.

Psycho_X

Legend
It's just a complete 180 watching him compared to Fisher. Idk, Fisher just always seemed like he had a rain cloud over him wherever he went. Especially the last couple of years. He looked like he wanted to be happy and positive but just something in his eyes and demeanor always turned me off, especially after the losses started adding up. McVay just exudes confidence and positivity when he walks into a room or you watch him interacting with people. It is infectious.

Also, doesn't hurt that he knows how to call an offense. :)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Later in the game Gurley caught a pass on a 3rd and 9 play. He gets tackled by one of those shoestring tackles. Gurley is visibly upset, it honestly looked like he had a TD had he not been tackled.

Mcvay talks to him the second he hits the side line. They have a short passing exchange and then Mcvay tracks him back down to keep talking to him.

"Communication is at a premium"

"Our pursuit of excellence is going to be daily"

TXRams86

The Infamous
Right before the game was over, he went around to almost each and every player to shake hands and, what looked like, thanking them all. That's something you'd expect out of a coach but rarely see.

I'm glad he appreciates the effort and acknowledges the players. It's their job to execute, yes, but I'm sure they appreciate that he notices.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It never occurred to me yesterday nor today to think about Coach Jeff Fisher....

Probably won't think about him this season

bluecoconuts

Legend
I noticed that the team was very well prepared.

You didn't see many blown assignments.
Our player may have been beaten on a play but he wasn't totally out of position on defense.

Offensive line still needs a little work but that's to be expected.

They did their magic on Goff.
He looked confident was throwing accurately and knew the play.

Gurley still a little hesitant looking.

Still a great looking team playing together.

McVay is the master of the tape.

You could see him going and sitting on the sideline looking over plays as they happened, making his adjustments and then attacking again.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I wonder what Fisher thinks of his former team performance.
For all his faults he had his good points. He seemed like a decent man, that was also loved by his players. He helped build a dominant D for this team, one that could wreck opposing QB's, he just didn't surround himself with the right people on the offensive side of the ball - don't forget he brought in Bones to coach the Special Teams.

He wanted the Rams to succeed, he wanted the players to have a winning season, I don't think that's changed.

I for one do not bear Jeff Fisher any ill will.