One thing I miss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listen to Philly Sports Radio, specifically the FANATIC, and I miss the hometown spirit of being fanatically passionate about a team. The FANATIC isn't even the Eagles station, but you wouldn't know it by the coverage of the team. They love all things Philly, especially Anthony Gargano in the Mornings, and I just love listening to their passion (all of the shows). I HATE the supposed objectivity of a-holes like Keyshawn Johnson....Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't heard of a station in LA that goes bonkers during the day for the Rams. Philadelphia isn't a small city and so the big city sophistication bullcr@p doesn't fly with me as an excuse. Really, I like baseball at certain times of the year and I could give a flying-fark about the NBA...WE NEED A RAMS STATION, that gets off on covering the Rams all year.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I listen to Philly Sports Radio, specifically the FANATIC, and I miss the hometown spirit of being fanatically passionate about a team. The FANATIC isn't even the Eagles station, but you wouldn't know it by the coverage of the team. They love all things Philly, especially Anthony Gargano in the Mornings, and I just love listening to their passion (all of the shows). I HATE the supposed objectivity of a-holes like Keyshawn Johnson....Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't heard of a station in LA that goes bonkers during the day for the Rams. Philadelphia isn't a small city and so the big city sophistication bullcr@p doesn't fly with me as an excuse. Really, I like baseball at certain times of the year and I could give a flying-fark about the NBA...WE NEED A RAMS STATION, that gets off on covering the Rams all year.

I thought 100.3 the sound was Rams crazy? Then yet last time I listened to a sports radio/talk radio was Jim Healy, and Jim Rome, when found time the lodge with Roger Lodge was good. Maybe you should start your own syndicate radio show xm radio just Rams.(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think having a lot of away games last year ( and London, no matter what you call it, is an away game!) had it's effect on creating a good Rams Station!
That said, Winning ALL of our Home games this year will help solve the problem quickly!! JMHO!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Being a native of L.A., ... the real problem with L.A. Professional football fans is that so much of the population migrated here while maintaining their connection to the home team they favored before arriving. We may sell out stadiums without a problem, but many in attendance will be rooting for the other side. Popular Football with L.A. media is more likely to revolve around USC & UCLA, where fans are 100% loyal to the home team. Perhaps, for a slightly lesser reason, is that baseball caught on with local hispanics decades ago, where local pro football has been largely absent from the market. Today, about 35 percent of the county’s population is foreign born and that’s projected to continue for the next 20 years. Also, unlike many other cities, weather & geography in and around L.A. presents so many alternatives to spending a day watching a football game on TV, it's difficult to compete for media attention. How many places in our country with pro football stadiums can you snow ski in the mountains, water ski on a lake or surf in the ocean on the same day ? Ask a person on the street in L.A. where they are from, and if they are older than 20 years, the likely answer will be just about anywhere else. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being a native of L.A., ... the real problem with L.A. Professional football fans is that so much of the population migrated here while maintaining their connection to the home team they favored before arriving. We may sell out stadiums without a problem, but many in attendance will be rooting for the other side. Popular Football with L.A. media is more likely to revolve around USC & UCLA, where fans are 100% loyal to the home team. Perhaps, for a slightly lesser reason, is that baseball caught on with local hispanics decades ago, where local pro football has been largely absent from the market. Today, about 35 percent of the county’s population is foreign born and that’s projected to continue for the next 20 years. Also, unlike many other cities, weather & geography in and around L.A. presents so many alternatives to spending a day watching a football game on TV, it's difficult to compete for media attention. How many places in our country with pro football stadiums can you snow ski in the mountains, water ski on a lake or surf in the ocean on the same day ? Ask a person on the street in L.A. where they are from, and if they are older than 20 years, the likely answer will be just about anywhere else. jmo.
I was born in Whittier...all of what you said is mostly true, that's why I compared Philly with LA...The Iggles have rabid fans in PA and New Jersey, and are nestled in the populous NE corridor, yet they can be passionate about their team all year, even though they have hardly been in the playoffs during my lifetime...and of course, no Super Bowl wins.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
LA has 3 sports talk radio stations 570am, 710am and 830am, 710 espn carries the Rams games. But none of them talk very much about the Rams. None of them have regular show covering the Rams. All three, especially 710, talk non stop about the Lakers.
I thought I'd get to hear a breakdown of the Rams draft and I flipped between them all for 3 days after the draft and except for just saying who was drafted, nothing. In fact I hear more talk about the Chargers than I do the Rams.

Tough being a Rams fan, even in their home town.

Zero

Pro Bowler
A little disappointed LR.
I thought this thread was gonna be about all of those long beach walks
at sunset that, you and I used to share.
Yep.......A little disappointed :baghead:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A little disappointed LR.
I thought this thread was gonna be about all of those long beach walks
at sunset that, you and I used to share.
Yep.......A little disappointed :baghead:
I didn't want to remind you of that dead sea gull I was dragging along behind me at Seal beach that last time (he was a beaut, wasn't he?)..well, until his corpse fell apart...ahhh, the memories...

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There is just to much going on, to many teams and their is always an overlapping sport that is sharing the coverage. The Rams in truth are just a bad team that most don't remember being here in the first place. Once we start winning the pundits will start talking more about them not to mention mainstream talk radio is over produced formula and true sports fans don't really like that much. Besides we get our news here and on other great forums. We need a Ram Podcast with player and Coach interviews. Hint hint
Anyone? Maybe Dani will help out

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Keyshawn and co could care less about the Rams. Which is why I don't tune in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
LA is a basketball town. It also is a transient population. Both factors are bad for a football franchise to deal with. If the Rams can start winning year to year they could appeal to the younger fans, bridging the gap to the old school Rams fans. The NFL is wildly popular, but it isn't easy changing a culture. The shiny new stadium should help. A staff with the plan and skill set to implement it hopefully can get this team over the .500 Mark and keep them there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They always try to paint Los Angeles this way and is why John Shaw wanted to move the team to Baltimore because he felt that city had more passion only to watch them switch to St. Louis another city whose football passion always came under question.

Win the games and they will come, yes @LoyalRam the Eagles have not won a Super Bowl, but they have been consistent over the years and as much as I cannot stand the city of brotherly love, their sports passion is off the charts very similar to Cleveland.

The passion for the Rams will be there, it was during the 70's & 80's, but to bring them back you have to win, but I am not concerned because Sean McVay will show them the way!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They always try to paint Los Angeles this way and is why John Shaw wanted to move the team to Baltimore because he felt that city had more passion only to watch them switch to St. Louis another city whose football passion always came under question.

Win the games and they will come, yes @LoyalRam the Eagles have not won a Super Bowl, but they have been consistent over the years and as much as I cannot stand the city of brotherly love, their sports passion is off the charts very similar to Cleveland.

The passion for the Rams will be there, it was during the 70's & 80's, but to bring them back you have to win, but I am not concerned because Sean McVay will show them the way!
Who is "they"? I from LA, but I live 2000 miles away now and have for 29 years. I live by tune-in radio (streaming), and I have since quit trying to find a station in LA that loves the Rams. I don't mean one guy or two who gets lost in the negative programming of the station(s). I call negative programming using the stance of objectivity as a cover by someone like Keshawn, who despises the Rams deep down, but then says "I'm just keeping it real."

Yeah, whatever, jerkoff.

The Lakers and Clippers will always get the majority of coverage on stations like this (ESPN, etc). I want a station that covers sports, yet their "go to" is talking Rams. The Lakers, Clippers, Angels, and the Dodgers talk are brief interludes to the main show, your Los Angeles Rams. There HAS to be a market for such a unique station in a city like LA. I purposefully picked a big city like Philadelphia to use as an example of what I like (The Fanatic)..I am sure like every long distance fan, craves this. I am not making this as a critique of the LA filling the coliseum or Inglewood, it's more of a media based thing.