One Prospective Trade Partner Gone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Since Cleveland has hired Lil Shanny it's being floated that Kirk Cousins wants a trade and that Shanahan "loves the guy".
So if they trade for him that's a prospective partner eliminated

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it's as smart a move as trading up to grab a QB.

Cousins could be grabbed for a second I bet, and that leaves the brownies with their first rounders.

RamsFan14

Starter
I'm shocked at all the hype about Cousin's getting as trade bait! Teams prepared for him in 2013 and it showed after having solid starts his rookie year. Didn't he have more INTs then TDs this year? Granted his team wasn't very good this year, I'm still shocked he's getting the hype of a 2nd or even 3rd round pick considering how he played this year. Personally I think he caught the league by surprise during his rookie year. Can he really be a franchise QB? Think the potential is low, but hey who knows.

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm shocked at all the hype about Cousin is getting as trade bait! Teams prepared for him in 2013 and it showed after having solid starts his rookie year. Didn't he have more INTs then TDs this year? Granted his team wasn't very good this year, I'm still shocked he's getting the hype of a 2nd or even 3rd round pick considering how he played this year. Personally I think he caught the league by surprise during his rookie year. Can he really be a franchise QB? Think the potential is low, but hey who knows.
One would think Shanahan would if anyone,I'd agree he may not be worth much to other teams ,but to Cleveland IMO Washington gets more from them than from anyone.
Hell I would not be surprised if RG demanded they release him and they'd do it,nothing coming out of an organization that would use that name surprises me

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Should Washington hold onto Cousins as plan B?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Browns are a total Mess! The first mistake was letting Lombardi name drop his way into the GM job. They had a very good coaching staff in place. I guess ole mikey boy didn't get along with Chud for some reason. I am just glad that blow hard is off of NFL Network. I was so tired of him always saying, when I was working with the Packers or When I was with the Patriots or when I was with the 49ers. He tried to impress everyone with his associations with all of those teams. If he was any good I think he would have still been with one of them.

I feel sorry for Browns fans. But I hope that cluster makes Alex Mack want to leave town and come to the Rams. Reunite him with his Dads organization!

V3

Hall of Fame

I really think people are having a mob mentality with regards to RG3. Yes, he needs to mature. I think he'll learn that eventually. The fact still remains that when healthy, he's a very good QB. He shouldn't have come back as soon as he did and he should have spent more time in the offseason working on the mental side of the position. Once he gets his mechanics back, I fully expect him to be a good QB again. I'm just glad he had his "growing pains" this year while we still have their pick.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
The Browns are a total Mess! The first mistake was letting Lombardi name drop his way into the GM job. They had a very good coaching staff in place. I guess ole mikey boy didn't get along with Chud for some reason. I am just glad that blow hard is off of NFL Network. I was so tired of him always saying, when I was working with the Packers or When I was with the Patriots or when I was with the 49ers. He tried to impress everyone with his associations with all of those teams. If he was any good I think he would have still been with one of them.

I feel sorry for Browns fans. But I hope that cluster makes Alex Mack want to leave town and come to the Rams. Reunite him with his Dads organization!

I seriously doubt the Rams would sign him. I fully expect them to use Jones at C. You don't spend a pick that high on a lineman and then not even give him a chance. I don't see Jones playing G, either, because he's just not big enough. He might get by in a pinch but he's better suited at C where he can use his intelligence to help with the reads pre-snap. I think you'll see the Rams use their FA money on either a DB or OG. Time will tell.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I really think people are having a mod mentality with regards to RG3. Yes, he needs to mature. I think he'll learn that eventually. The fact still remains that when healthy, he's a very good QB. He shouldn't have come back as soon as he did and he should have spent more time in the offseason working on the mental side of the position. Once he gets his mechanics back, I fully expect him to be a good QB again. I'm just glad he had his "growing pains" this year while we still have their pick.

You could be right V3.

I can't help myself! I'm conditioned to root against Redskins!

V3

Hall of Fame
You could be right V3.

I can't help myself! I'm conditioned to root against Redskins!

Sorry, I meant MOB mentality. Typo. You probably knew what I meant but I had to fix it anyway.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
the trade market is really hard to gauge at the moment. With Houston shopping the #1 and Cleveland possibly picking up Cousins ... not really sure how this will affect us and the #2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I really think people are having a mob mentality with regards to RG3. Yes, he needs to mature. I think he'll learn that eventually. The fact still remains that when healthy, he's a very good QB. He shouldn't have come back as soon as he did and he should have spent more time in the offseason working on the mental side of the position. Once he gets his mechanics back, I fully expect him to be a good QB again. I'm just glad he had his "growing pains" this year while we still have their pick.
I don't discount the idea that he could get back to playing good ball. I just look at his style and those spindly legs and think they NEED to have someone ready to come in WHEN he gets banged up again. Nothing against the kid. I was glad he played like crap this past season but don't wish that on him going forward.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't discount the idea that he could get back to playing good ball. I just look at his style and those spindly legs and think they NEED to have someone ready to come in WHEN he gets banged up again. Nothing against the kid. I was glad he played like crap this past season but don't wish that on him going forward.

He will need to learn to slide or get out of bounds. That's for sure. If he can't figure that out, then he's not as smart as I thought. That should be easy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Since Cleveland has hired Lil Shanny it's being floated that Kirk Cousins wants a trade and that Shanahan "loves the guy".
So if they trade for him that's a prospective partner eliminated

Would that automatically mean that they still not take a QB with that #4? Most all mocks have them still in a good position to take a QB if the Texans take Clowney & Rams take an OT or WR. Kirk Cousins was a mid 4th round pick...I would think that his value is not any higher than one of their round selections (Browns have two). Trading for Kirk would be a good insurance policy just in case they screw it up again & go short on a trade with the Rams & the Rams trade with other QB seeking teams like the Raiders, Bucs or Vikings. The Browns need a QB & Kirk sure would not be what they need IMO.

I sure would.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I feel sure we will have more than one trade partner interested in moving up to get a QB or Clowney, or Mathews or..... Don't sweat it. We are sitting pretty.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A source tells the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Browns are "highly unlikely" to trade for Kirk Cousins.
New Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan reportedly "loves" Cousins and the Redskins backup wants a chance to start. But the Plain Dealer is calling a trade a "remote possibility," and NBC News4 is hearing from sources that the Browns believe Brian Hoyer is a better option. We agree. Prior to an ACL tear, Hoyer led the Browns to two wins, averaging 295.0 yards while throwing five touchdowns and three interceptions. He makes for a fine bridge to the franchise quarterback Cleveland needs to find in the draft. Feb 5 - 9:51 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7486/kirk-cousins

"Shanahan will most likely have a rookie quarterback such as a Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater under his direction next season."I think he'll be great for a young quarterback like that, the same way he was for RG3,'' said Rosenfels."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/cleveland_browns_hire_kyle_sha.html

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
A source tells the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Browns are "highly unlikely" to trade for Kirk Cousins.
New Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan reportedly "loves" Cousins and the Redskins backup wants a chance to start. But the Plain Dealer is calling a trade a "remote possibility," and NBC News4 is hearing from sources that the Browns believe Brian Hoyer is a better option. We agree. Prior to an ACL tear, Hoyer led the Browns to two wins, averaging 295.0 yards while throwing five touchdowns and three interceptions. He makes for a fine bridge to the franchise quarterback Cleveland needs to find in the draft. Feb 5 - 9:51 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7486/kirk-cousins

"Shanahan will most likely have a rookie quarterback such as a Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater under his direction next season."I think he'll be great for a young quarterback like that, the same way he was for RG3,'' said Rosenfels."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/cleveland_browns_hire_kyle_sha.html

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think they'll use Hoyer while they groom someone. No way they throw away a high pick on Cousins.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The skins would be smart to not trade cousins. The way RG3 is getting banged up they need a good back up.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Why would any team build around a mid-4th round QB who hasn't show a whole lot? Much less give up anything higher than a mid-4th to get him?