One Positive on Bradford's Injury History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The most infamous were the "the shoulder" and then that ankle injury he suffered against GB a couple years ago. Both had lots of speculation to them. Remember when Sam silenced the reporters when he something on the lines of "I'll let you know if it becomes an issue but until then it's a non-factor." They did shut up about it lol.

Anyway, Bradford never had any set backs the following year from those injuries. I'm REALLY hoping that's the case, here. But seems its always something else...

In a related issue, I think it's safe to say Sam is injury prone. Therefore I think a LEGIT developmental QB is a necessity. I heard the other day that one of the STLtoday reporters believes the Rams will draft as high as the second round to get that QB. I find that very interesting and would not oppose to the decision. We can't put all our chips on Bradford's health anymore and that is a sad reality.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would not call Sam injury prone I would call the O line a porous disaster that needs to be addresses. Hopefully Long will return but he is on the downhill side of his career. They ended the season with Saffold and Smith left from the starting 5 on opening day.

Both of Sam's injuries have been because of the failure of the O line not because he is injury prone

V3

Hall of Fame
I was never really concerned about his shoulder because I think I remember hearing a doctor interviewed before that draft say that the ligament replacement is actually stronger than the natural one.

Now, all the subsequent injuries have me pretty concerned. He wasn't even hit on the knee injury.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was never really concerned about his shoulder because I think I remember hearing a doctor interviewed before that draft say that the ligament replacement is actually stronger than the natural one.

Now, all the subsequent injuries have me pretty concerned. He wasn't even hit on the knee injury.
He wasn't hit but he was pushed and landed awkwardly on the knee that blew up. Not like Long whose leg buckled and lost 2 ligaments

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
He wasn't hit but he was pushed and landed awkwardly on the knee that blew up. Not like Long whose leg buckled and lost 2 ligaments

It happens a lot on sideline plays when an unexpected force hits the knee. When in the field of play, your muscles are tense, reducing the impact on the knee. When running out of bounds, your footsteps are lighter as you relax. An unexpected force will cause you to buckle, especially when your unbalanced, with one foot on the ground.