One player……

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Even if he wants out, and the Rams could fit his contract under the cap, I just don't see what the Rams can offer Miami. It has to be high draft choices which the Rams don't have, or talented young players ... Cam Akers, Ernest Jones, Greg Gaines, Van Jefferson. Who am I missing?
We still have some draft picks available even if we don't have them this year.

I think he could be had for a second and third from next year plus Van Jefferson

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think using this "one player" option on a RB would be a huge waste. A healthy Akers is not much worse then any of those back you mentioned and, who knows, possibly better. He was a beast in the playoffs when healthy (last year). If the thought process is that we retain our whole team from the SB, who would I add to put us over the top? Myles Garrett. To have him screaming off the edge opposite of Miller and Donald, what would the opposing team do? Get sacked often, thats what.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We still have some draft picks available even if we don't have them this year.

I think he could be had for a second and third from next year plus Van Jefferson
Would love to have another top-tier-CB. That was my dream-player-addition on page 1.

However, I don't know about the above. Just think if Howard was available, there would be multiple teams offering more than likely-late picks in rounds two and three in 2023.

Also don't want to move Jefferson. Even if OBJ is re-signed, he's unlikely to be available until late-in-the-season. Woods is coming off a knee injury but should be ready. That leaves the Rams with Kupp, Woods and Jefferson in their frequent 11-personnel, with the back-ups being Atwell, Harris and Skowronek ... plus Powell if he's re-signed. Think they need Jefferson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Scherrf. I've wanted that dude in horns since he came out in the draft. He would change the interior of this OL.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Travis Kelce. Big target for Stafford for the contested balls as well as another redzone threat. He can also block well. I wouldn't mind another good corner like Stephon Gilmore either. Kind of depends if im going for a position of need or if its just a player id like to have on the team so its a toss up for me.

Tano

Legend
Would love to have another top-tier-CB. That was my dream-player-addition on page 1.

However, I don't know about the above. Just think if Howard was available, there would be multiple teams offering more than likely-late picks in rounds two and three in 2023.

Also don't want to move Jefferson. Even if OBJ is re-signed, he's unlikely to be available until late-in-the-season. Woods is coming off a knee injury but should be ready. That leaves the Rams with Kupp, Woods and Jefferson in their frequent 11-personnel, with the back-ups being Atwell, Harris and Skowronek ... plus Powell if he's re-signed. Think they need Jefferson.
He is good - However I highly doubt if he is Ramsey good and worth higher picks (maybe but most teams value their picks)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

C RYAN JENSEN, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

The 2021 offseason was a big one for centers, with the Los Angeles ChargersCorey Linsley signing the biggest deal ever at the position. Linsley was quickly surpassed by Detroit Lions center Frank Ragnow’s extension as the market continued its upward trajectory. Jensen, who earned a 70.3 overall grade in 2021, now has a decision to make after Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady announced his retirement: stick around with Tampa Bay, or find a new home.

Strengths:
– Finishing and maintaining blocks
– Blocking in space

Weaknesses:
– Can be overaggressive
– Snap accuracy

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING CENTER: Jensen's best fit is on a downhill rushing offense that takes advantage of his physicality, but he's graded above the 70th percentile among all centers in gap and zone run schemes over the past three seasons. He would slide into nearly any offense without many issues.

Recent Injury History:
Jensen has been one of the most durable centers in the league since he signed with Tampa Bay prior to the 2018 season. He hasn't missed a start for the Buccaneers, notching over 4,000 offensive snaps for the team over that stretch.

Contract Projection: Three years, $39 million ($13M per year, $24.25 million total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
Jensen became a fan favorite in Baltimore and Tampa Bay because of his attitude and well-rounded game that can be plugged into most NFL offenses. The biggest concern for potential suitors would be that he's now on the other side of 30 at a position that takes a beating in the trenches, especially given the way that he plays it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Derrick Henry
Darren Waller
Either would be a nightmare for anyone going against us

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he stayed healthy
Everything has risk. He's like Saff was, the guy is someone you feel when he's in there. And if he misses some time our depth can do its thing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom Line:
Jensen became a fan favorite in Baltimore and Tampa Bay because of his attitude and well-rounded game that can be plugged into most NFL offenses. The biggest concern for potential suitors would be that he's now on the other side of 30 at a position that takes a beating in the trenches, especially given the way that he plays it.
I like Jensen's game and he's an upgrade but not sure he's worth the cost on the FA market. Center has been rising of late in cost so we'll see how much money gets thrown at these guys.

oldnotdead

Legend
The problem with the run game isn't the OL. McVay is playing a power scheme without a lead blocking FB. A WR or even a TE doesn't work because they don't block the same. You need a road grading FB to blow the ILB out of the gap not just try to stand in his way like a WR or TE that a big strong LB can simply shed. If he's going to use a TE then coach him up as a FB. Kyle Markway or Warren Jackson come to mind. As converted TE they would hopefully also be able to be receivers on play action. A FB is often unaccounted for in play action, i.e. he's often not covered.

McVay's run plays are generally piss poor in their design. If you are going to run power then play power for god sake. A power inside run game usually means the OG and center double team one of the DL to open the gap but without a lead FB the ILB is there to make the play and that is exactly what keeps happening. Outside zone doesn't work well against a 7 man box or a stacked box. Thats why I was calling for a power run game in 2020. McVay did go to a power-blocked play but without that lead blocker, you are expecting the RB to break that ILB tackle which is strictly WTF.

McVay designs beautiful pass plays but crap run plays.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Travis Kelce. Big target for Stafford for the contested balls as well as another redzone threat. He can also block well. I wouldn't mind another good corner like Stephon Gilmore either. Kind of depends if im going for a position of need or if its just a player id like to have on the team so its a toss up for me.

Going TE might go Kyle Pitts. That dude is gonna be a monster.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Quenton Nelson, full stop. He's the best guard in the league, and having him at left guard would be amazing.