One Offensive Improvement Last Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Schmitzer

UDFA
I've been taking a hard look at 3rd down the past few weeks. Specifically, distance to go on 3rd down, and efficiency at various distances

vs. SF average distance was 3rd and 7.58 yards and we were 1 of 1 converting 3rd and short, 0 of 4 at 3rd and medium
at MN average distance: 8.25, 0 of 4 at 3rd and short, 2 of 3 at 3rd and medium
vs. CHI average distance 10.46, 2 of 4 3rd and medium (there were no 3rd and short)
vs. BAL average distance 6.25, 3 of 5 on 3rd and short, 1 of 4 on 3rd and medium

(short is <= 3, medium <=6)

I know it didn't translate into points or yards, but 4 fumbles will do that to you. Case was better than Foles, at least in getting us to 3rd and manageable (9 times) and converting them (4 of 9)

maximus

Rookie
I've been taking a hard look at 3rd down the past few weeks. Specifically, distance to go on 3rd down, and efficiency at various distances

vs. SF average distance was 3rd and 7.58 yards and we were 1 of 1 converting 3rd and short, 0 of 4 at 3rd and medium
vs. CHI average distance 10.46, 2 of 4 3rd and medium (there were no 3rd and short)
vs. BAL average distance 6.25, 3 of 5 on 3rd and short, 1 of 4 on 3rd and medium

I know it didn't translate into points or yards, but 4 fumbles will do that to you. Case was better than Foles, at least in getting us to 3rd and manageable (9 times) and converting them (4 of 9)

BAL has one of the worst pass defenses in the league. The OL did not get hit with 4 holding penalties, like in the CHI game. CHI could focus on defending the pass all game long apart from the 1st drive. Vikings have a very good defense.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
but 4 fumbles will do that to you

Those 5 fumbles / 4 lost is really what cost us the game. 1 muff (Tavon). 2 handoff (Gurley/Keenum). 1 sack fumble where the concussed QB didn't step into the pocket. I'd say that those aren't Keenum's fault except that, yeah, Keenum is credited with 3 of those fumbles 5, 2 of the 4 lost fumbles. Hard to win with ball security like that.

Rainram

Starter
Those 5 fumbles / 4 lost is really what cost us the game. 1 muff (Tavon). 2 handoff (Gurley/Keenum). 1 sack fumble where the concussed QB didn't step into the pocket. I'd say that those aren't Keenum's fault except that, yeah, Keenum is credited with 3 of those fumbles 5, 2 of the 4 lost fumbles. Hard to win with ball security like that.
Yup. What he said.

Early in the year I thought we were becoming a better team. One of the 'good teams' that find ways to win.

Alas, we seem to be the same 'bad' team that finds ways to lose. Those fumbles were brutal. Killers.

Schmitzer

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BAL has one of the worst pass defenses in the league. The OL did not get hit with 4 holding penalties, like in the CHI game. CHI could focus on defending the pass all game long apart from the 1st drive. Vikings have a very good defense.

There was also improvement compared to CLE, (8.36 yards on 3rd), but your point is understood.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I gotta re-watch the game....I only remember 3 fumbles(Tavon, Gurley, Case).... Can that happen from banging my head on my desktop?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I think it's pretty clear that Keenum was more efficient than Foles. You could tell that just by watching. He wasn't great or anything, but there were some pretty lame weather conditions both QBs had to work with in that game. I'd like to see him over the course of the next couple of games to see if there's any measurable improvement. With a couple more practices with the starters, I think we'll see a bit more chemistry.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was extremely disappointed with how poorly Keenum played. And I wasn't expecting much.
That being said. Case needs a few more starts. Foles has had his chance.