One of my problems with the Manziel Idea

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have to disagree when healthy Sam has only shown he is a 7-9 QB not damn good. I also think that if we look at last year before he was injured he was 3-4 he had one win against a winning team, Clemmons came in and had two wins against teams that went two games deep into the playoffs. An Clemmons did so with the same team Sam had played with. So does he have skills, for sure he does, but what makes a QB damn good is his ability to take his skills and turn them into wins and so far he has not done as such.
Cool story.

96nj0bphcnw2fctfg.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
I have to disagree when healthy Sam has only shown he is a 7-9 QB not damn good. I also think that if we look at last year before he was injured he was 3-4 he had one win against a winning team, Clemmons came in and had two wins against teams that went two games deep into the playoffs. An Clemmons did so with the same team Sam had played with. So does he have skills, for sure he does, but what makes a QB damn good is his ability to take his skills and turn them into wins and so far he has not done as such.
Well, kind of. The Rams started the season trying to have the Spread offense, 4 WR's, and it just didn't work. Sam mainly had Richardson as his RB. As soon as the Rams switched to Stacy and the new run game instead of spreading it out, Sam got hurt and Clemens took advantage of the run game and new offensive philosophy.

So with a healthy Bradford, good run game with Stacy like we had last year.. we could see an even more productive Bradford, pending how comfortable he is with the ACL.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Let's rename the team The St. Louis Bradford's, then!

LMAO.....Sounds good bro :) An beats the idea I came up with a few years ago when I put forth the notion that the next football team expansion or a move to a new city should be a Canadian city since we have teams as such in baseball, hockey and basketball. As that could be the next market of untapped dollars for the NFL market. So I asked if the Rams moved would a move to Canada be alright, I don't think I got a handful of positive responses back.....LOL So your idea is much better for sure bro......LOL

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Well, kind of. The Rams started the season trying to have the Spread offense, 4 WR's, and it just didn't work. Sam mainly had Richardson as his RB. As soon as the Rams switched to Stacy and the new run game instead of spreading it out, Sam got hurt and Clemens took advantage of the run game and new offensive philosophy.

So with a healthy Bradford, good run game with Stacy like we had last year.. we could see an even more productive Bradford, pending how comfortable he is with the ACL.

Not to mention the defense was playing HORRIBLY at the beginning of the year, thanks to the Tim Walton experiment. I believe we were around the bottom of the league in many categories early in the season. But that's Bradfords fault, and only the record matters.

RmsLegends

Rookie

I think we could have more production out of him this year, but as I have said before he is still a question mark for me so I have to actually see it. An that is one of the things that kind of bothers me about last year and Sam is we went to a offense we thought he would flourish under and he didn't then when we changed the game plan to run first he was not around so it could be seen how he would have played. So I am waiting to see what happens this year and for his sake I hope his knee is a 100% so this year a gage of what he can do might be seen.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Not to mention the defense was playing HORRIBLY at the beginning of the year, thanks to the Tim Walton experiment. I believe we were around the bottom of the league in many categories early in the season. But that's Bradfords fault, and only the record matters.

Actual in any sport it is really only the record that matters that is why ya draft folks or pick them up in free agency or stick with what ya got all for the reason to have a better record. An with a better record get a shot to play for it all.

A55VA6

Legend
I think we could have more production out of him this year, but as I have said before he is still a question mark for me so I have to actually see it. An that is one of the things that kind of bothers me about last year and Sam is we went to a offense we thought he would flourish under and he didn't then when we changed the game plan to run first he was not around so it could be seen how he would have played. So I am waiting to see what happens this year and for his sake I hope his knee is a 100% so this year a gage of what he can do might be seen.
I agree. I think he's got all the talent to be a great QB, he just has to stay healthy and go do it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Your point is technically correct I suppose but there are also several aspects. Our D couldn't stop anyone early in the season, and they were experimenting with the spread and had no running game. We averaged under 50 yards rushing per game over the first four games while allowing the opposing teams to average over 126 and 30 points. In the games against Dallas and SF, we allowed 11 sacks with no running game while allowing them 200 yards rushing per game. You could be John Elway and Peyton Manning's love child and you are not going to win many games in the NFL with that kind of production and defense.

Meanwhile, during Clemens' games we averaged 140 yards rushing (take out the throw in the towel game at the end and it is 155+) even though everyone knew they weren't going to get burned by KC's arm. Was that the QB? Not hardly. In those games, we dropped our rushing yards allowed by 35% as well - down to less than 85 yards per game.

My point isn't to defend anyone. But to take what happened in those games and say it was because that is just what kind of QB we have is ignorant at best.

As to your other point about our O-line - you are also ignoring the fact that our offense was largely designed around getting rid of the ball fast to avoid the sack. That won't show up in the stats you chose.

I won't defend Sam against real facts and points where he is lacking but I will when it aims at forming a false image of our QB in the quest for change. Change for the better? Cool. Change because the team as a whole played like crap? Not so much.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm sick of this Manziel stuff. I bet every single ROD dollar I have to anyone else's $50,000 that the Rams don't take Manziel!

I know Fisher and Snead never seriously considered wasting a 1st round pick on an egotistical bench player and throwing the experienced, incumbent Bradford to the birds for this unproven rookie. Sorry but it's just not going to happen guys.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Actual in any sport it is really only the record that matters that is why ya draft folks or pick them up in free agency or stick with what ya got all for the reason to have a better record. An with a better record get a shot to play for it all.
And as with any sport it is a generally a damn good thing that the fans don't determine who stays and who goes as the people in charge look at actual play to determine why we had the wins and losses. Sure - sometimes they make mistakes but rarely are they going to discount team play and say, "player z just doesn't win".

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sick of this Manziel stuff. I bet every single ROD dollar I have to anyone else's $50,000 that the Rams don't take Manziel!

I know Fisher and Snead never seriously considered wasting a 1st round pick on an egotistical bench player and throwing the experienced, incumbent Bradford to the birds for this unproven rookie. Sorry but it's just not going to happen guys.
Hey! Where you been Tyler?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Huh. Guess I've just missed most of your posts lately.

How'd you do? Out catch the old guy?

We both snagged a Dolphin. I can post pictures in the off topic so I don't hijack the thread

:rolleyes: Please when on the board stick with board policy, Scott Wells has shown he's a 7-9 C, the win loss record belongs to him and him only.