On to Week 1!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anybody else feel like this is a must win game? I think we need to split the series with Seattle and winning at home is the easiest path to that. Plus with the possibility of plain against a secondary without Thomas and Chancellor, we need to beat them while they are down. Or am I being too dramatic with it only being the first game and all?

I don't think it's a must win, but it's a HUGE game...

Win? It shows we've arrived and a springboard into the following week where we can begin stacking wins. Immediate chance to control the division.

Lose? Plenty of teams have lost week one and made the playoffs. But it definitely doesn't get the confidence going to start believing in ourselves... Which this team desperately needs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking we should throw deep more than they would expect. Especially early. Who knows? Hit on a couple of those and we come away with some surprise points and let the defense hold that lead.
I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if this IS our game plan, at least for the first quarter of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the equation Foles + deep + Givens = 6 points a few more times this season...

FRO

Legend
I don't think it's a must win, but it's a HUGE game...

Win? It shows we've arrived and a springboard into the following week where we can begin stacking wins. Immediate chance to control the division.

Lose? Plenty of teams have lost week one and made the playoffs. But it definitely doesn't get the confidence going to start believing in ourselves... Which this team desperately needs.
I just feel if we have aspirations of winning the division winning the first game is key. It also builds confidence knowing we are as good as anybody. A loss is far from deadly, so a must win is probably severe. We just need a good start and can't blow our playoff shot with a poor start.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just feel if we have aspirations of winning the division winning the first game is key. It also builds confidence knowing we are as good as anybody. A loss is far from deadly, so a must win is probably severe. We just need a good start and can't blow our playoff shot with a poor start.

I am with you 100%!

A win week 1 is good on so many levels. So... Let's do it!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Anybody else feel like this is a must win game? I think we need to split the series with Seattle and winning at home is the easiest path to that. Plus with the possibility of plain against a secondary without Thomas and Chancellor, we need to beat them while they are down. Or am I being too dramatic with it only being the first game and all?
IMO this isn't a must win. Rams just need to find a way to go into the bye at no worse than 3-2 if we want to be a playoff team.

Seattle
@ Washington
Pittsburgh
@ Arizona
@ Green Bay

^
1. Toughest stretch of travel and opponents
2. New offensive pieces
3. No Gurley
4. Nicked up Mason
5. The slow start MO

I don't think a 2-3 start will get this team to the dance even as a wildcard. There are numbers to back that up somewhere, but i'm too lazy to look it up.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
IMO this isn't a must win. Rams just need to find a way to go into the bye at no worse than 3-2 if we want to be a playoff team.

Seattle
@ Washington
Pittsburgh
@ Arizona
@ Green Bay

^
1. Toughest stretch of travel and opponents
2. New offensive pieces
3. No Gurley
4. Nicked up Mason
5. The slow start MO

I don't think a 2-3 start will get this team to the dance even as a wildcard. There are numbers to back that up somewhere, but i'm too lazy to look it up.

All good points, IMO. But I honestly don't believe we're a playoff team anyway. But considering the next 4 games after the 5 you mentioned are non playoff teams from last year, its possible we end up 5-4 even after a 2-3 start.

My problem with their history of slow starts is, its entirely possible we could be 1-4 after the first five games. 4 of those teams were playoff teams last year. I think its imperative they start fast and win at least two of the first 5. The next 4 are more winnable after that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With Kam on the holdout, expect the secondary to make a some hiccups.
SI's Peter King reported there is "scant optimism" in the Seahawks organization holdout SS Kam Chancellor will play Week 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5910/kam-chancellor

Seattle. I checked in with a Seahawk source Sunday night, and there’s scant optimism that strong safety Kam Chancellor—vital on the field, of course, but in the locker room too—will be in St. Louis for the opener in six days. Plus, free safety Earl Thomas, rehabbing from a torn labrum in his left shoulder, is likely to play next week but not certain. So, Seattle could face a matchup nightmare in St. Louis (last three years: Rams two wins, Seattle one in St. Louis) without the leader of the defense, Chancellor, and with Thomas not having hit anyone since Super Sunday 32 weeks ago. Cary Williams, 30-year-old corner, replaces Byron Maxwell opposite Richard Sherman, and is on his third team in four years. Rookie Tye Smith, a fifth-round pick from Towson, is the likely nickel back. The Seahawks should score more, but the secondary has gone from the best in football to a total unknown.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/06/super-bowl-50-prediction-ravens-packers-nfl