On to Week 1!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok - the roster and the PS are set - although we probably shouldn't expect them to stay the way they are all season - we have all plenty of reasons to be pleased.

Week 1 with the Seahawks. Nothing like jumping right in! I was surprised to hear that Gurley has been ruled out - but it is what it is - and it's probably the right call.

I'm concerned that we are going to be looking at Benny, Pead, and a less than 100% Mason carrying the ball. But let's call this game what it really is and really always has been - this is a battle of the defenses.

Our D can't take their time getting into this one - they can't ease their way into the game. They need to be stacking the box and selling out to stop Lynch and RW from running it. If the Hawks beat us, let it be thru the air and let it be deep.

I would dare them to throw long - a) they don't have the horses on the outside to win b) they can't hold off our pass rush long enough to get the deep ball out.

On offense - I would be looking deep. Let's see how healthy Earl is back there and what that back end looks like without Chancellor.

That screen game isn't going to play as well w Seattle - their LBs are too good and they tackle too well.

Don't turn the ball over - and if you do - make it 40+ yds downfield. Get turnovers - they generally make the ball fairly available when you take Lynch away.

Most of all - don't beat yourselves. I know the flag will fly here and there - and that's fine - if it's an aggressive penalty. If it's a stupid penalty - we are in trouble.

We can beat these guys. We should beat these guys. Let's go beat these guys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
f20c453f8ab8b9ff11876e93786aa993.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ok - the roster and the PS are set - although we probably shouldn't expect them to stay the way they are all season - we have all plenty of reasons to be pleased.

Week 1 with the Seahawks. Nothing like jumping right in! I was surprised to hear that Gurley has been ruled out - but it is what it is - and it's probably the right call.

I'm concerned that we are going to be looking at Benny, Pead, and a less than 100% Mason carrying the ball. But let's call this game what it really is and really always has been - this is a battle of the defenses.

Our D can't take their time getting into this one - they can't ease their way into the game. They need to be stacking the box and selling out to stop Lynch and RW from running it. If the Hawks beat us, let it be thru the air and let it be deep.

I would dare them to throw long - a) they don't have the horses on the outside to win b) they can't hold off our pass rush long enough to get the deep ball out.

On offense - I would be looking deep. Let's see how healthy Earl is back there and what that back end looks like without Chancellor.

That screen game isn't going to play as well w Seattle - their LBs are too good and they tackle too well.

Don't turn the ball over - and if you do - make it 40+ yds downfield. Get turnovers - they generally make the ball fairly available when you take Lynch away.

Most of all - don't beat yourselves. I know the flag will fly here and there - and that's fine - if it's an aggressive penalty. If it's a stupid penalty - we are in trouble.

Great post @12intheBox . Spot on on my opiniom.

We got this!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With Kam on the holdout, expect the secondary to make a some hiccups.

V3

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't dare them to throw it long. They're good at that. Two things that I like about Wilson are that he's very mobile and he has a great deep ball.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
With Kam on the holdout, expect the secondary to make a some hiccups.

I'm thinking we should throw deep more than they would expect. Especially early. Who knows? Hit on a couple of those and we come away with some surprise points and let the defense hold that lead.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I'm thinking we should throw deep more than they would expect. Especially early. Who knows? Hit on a couple of those and we come away with some surprise points and let the defense hold that lead.

Yes and contain Wilson. He less than half the QB when he has no where to run. Since Fisher's been here, I think we've been very good against running QB's.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Our defense has to hit the ground running to start the year.There capable of shutting any team down but they need to show it from the get go. Our offense has to control the clock protect Foles and take their shots downfield there will be opportunities.And the ST unit always plays well vs Sea they have to continue that.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams D sure didn't impress anyone in preseason. Gave up lots of yards, big holes, long drives, couldn't stop 3rd downs, no sacks. I sure hope that was just because of preseason. Hate to say it, but the Rams 1st string D looked like crap in preseason.

V3

Hall of Fame
But he's not the most accurate.
He's pretty accurate on his deep throws, especially if he can get out of the pocket. It's important to keep him contained, IMO. That not only hurts the longer passes but also the running.

V3

Hall of Fame
Rams D sure didn't impress anyone in preseason. Gave up lots of yards, big holes, long drives, couldn't stop 3rd downs, no sacks. I sure hope that was just because of preseason. Hate to say it, but the Rams 1st string D looked like crap in preseason.
They're like that every year. It takes them a while to get into game shape because Fisher doesn't exactly put them through the paces in TC.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Lockette is the Samuri sword they have. A possible top (5) ROY canidate. Returns kicks for TD's and caught 2 passes for 77 yards in the last PS game. He will be the biggest offensive weapon with Graham being the second and then it comes down to our run stopping defense. Our defensive front 4 is our teams biggest strength and we need great hole filling solid tackling by the back 7.

The 3rd defensive series in our 3rd PS game we had the offense backed against their own goal line and Aaron Donald along with Brockers just ate their lunch and had a 3 play Domination Fest. Just missed a safety by a yard on 3rd down. This is the only way we win against the seahags and their weak OL. We can't let Wilson run free and create things out of nothing and finding a free running Lockette.

Plus penalties from us and coverage teams as the hags have good return teams now with Lockette. Foles taking control and driving his brand shiny new team and with quick reads and good calls from Cignetti finally when the REAL bullets are flying. We need to go back to early practice success with Foles favorite Cookie - Man started to own the seams routes and the short crosses. In PS Foles has given TA short Bubble screens that Tavon showed why he was drafted early. T. Austin showed speed vision and playmaking with no fumbles. We will NEED more of this to win this game.

Pead has shown new life and an unforseen tackle breaking ability and vision he only showed back playing for Cinncinatti Bearcats. We will need his very best and he needs to get small to make it through the small holes he will be given. Balance Pead Balance and keep those feet moving man. Lets not risk running Mason but lets try to get him open again downfield like the play he pulled his hammy again. Kendricks along the sidelines and then the deep ball to our Fountain of Youth finder Givens with Britt and Quick showing what they never had unless it was a healthy Bradford. ITS TIME GUYS to finally put it ALL on the line.

Its gonna be an awesome battle. We need to come out with our hair on fire and Cig will need to make the adjustments that we did'nt make the last 3 years before and after halftime. Show us you can do it and GW don't blitz on every play and open running lanes. Play man to man and not that 10 yard drop crap pass defense. We can't play like that and win. You gotta mix it all up man and not be so predictable.

We can't pull another fake punt return Jeff so I hope you have another new trick for this game. Keeping Foles upright and in the full game will be awesome. Start this OL's growth for the future now. We have the men to fill those slots going forward. Don't let Lockette beat us.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Play man to man and not that 10 yard drop crap pass defense. We can't play like that and win. You gotta mix it all up man and not be so predictable.

EXACTLY! With our pass rush, why give them anything?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's pretty accurate on his deep throws, especially if he can get out of the pocket. It's important to keep him contained, IMO. That not only hurts the longer passes but also the running.

His accuracy is a B on his best days.

Wilson buys a lot of time with his legs. He generally makes good decisions. But his accuracy is not his strongest attribute.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

As you inferred, their "D" isn't the same with Kam out of the Picture! And their O-Line is not that great! We usually get a minimum of 3 sack on Wilson, this game will be no different!
" THEY'RE GOIN' DOWN!" (I'll 'borrow' CGI_RAM's photo!)

dead meet.jpg

FRO

Legend
Anybody else feel like this is a must win game? I think we need to split the series with Seattle and winning at home is the easiest path to that. Plus with the possibility of plain against a secondary without Thomas and Chancellor, we need to beat them while they are down. Or am I being too dramatic with it only being the first game and all?