On the verge of losing defensive line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
If offense doesn't get it's act together, the defensive line we so respect will be gone. Long and Laurinatis contract is up and could lose them in the off-season. Quinn has one more year. Thank heavens for Zac Stacy emerging as a solid running back. However receivers dropping balls and Clemens is unreliable. Fire shotty. Draft a first round QB that could replace Bradford if he isn't healthy or gets hurt again (best man wins). With the other first round pick, select Watkins or Evans if available. , possibly OT. This defensive line is likely to leave the Rams 2015 and it will be a major setback.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Long and JL both have signed extensions and are here to stay for much longer than 1 more yr. I think Langford is the only DL on the roster that isnt wrapped up for atleast 3 more yrs, possibly Quinn, but he will be signed to an extension before he reaches free agency.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Long and Laurinaitis signed extensions.

jjab360

Legend
Not sure what you're talking about, Long and Laurinaitis both signed long term contracts recently. Our entire D-line is under contract through 2015, in fact.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did they? Must have lived under a rock for that haha. How long we're the extensions? Either way offense needs a solid deep end threat to take some pressure off

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All we need is for McDonald to get healthy and McLeod to continue to develop.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
They need another safety, help on the OL, and another RB.

There's enough talent everywhere else to be a quality team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They need another safety, help on the OL, and another RB.

There's enough talent everywhere else to be a quality team.
I don't wanna derail the thread or anything, but I have real concerns about Cook lately. That's a monster contract too.

jap

Legend
I don't wanna derail the thread or anything, but I have real concerns about Cook lately. That's a monster contract too.

After the faith the Fisher King displayed in inking him to a mega contract, you would want to believe this guy would sell himself out for the team. Instead he is a no show on blocking assignments and simply isn't setting the world on fire with his catching. Lance has been the better overall TE.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
After the faith the Fisher King displayed in inking him to a mega contract, you would want to believe this guy would sell himself out for the team. Instead he is a no show on blocking assignments and simply isn't setting the world on fire with his catching. Lance has been the better overall TE.
That was pretty sweet when that DB (Thomas?) tried to blast Kendricks, but ended up bouncing off of him like a super ball.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I think Cook was the right te for the offense everybody was dreaming about but when we all woke up from the dream, this is the offense that we have to run, at least for the near term, and Cook is not a fit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Cook was the right te for the offense everybody was dreaming about but when we all woke up from the dream, this is the offense that we have to run, at least for the near term, and Cook is not a fit.
Yep. He was a good fit as a TE in the spread who you could move around. Now that we're back to basics, his pass/run blocking needs to get better.