On Jared Goff and the play-action

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Ughh...

Carolina, the aints, and Browns all have good defenses.

I mean if the Rams also played against the Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins like NE and Dallas does, then would they suddenly be the obvious Super Bowl contenders?

Not to mention the travel between east coast, back to west coast, then back to east coast for a prime time game. New England has stayed entirely on the east coast. Dallas has stayed entirely on the east coast.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Jared, take the check downs when they're there....I think if Goff just makes that adjustment everything else will follow...

nighttrain

Legend

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Ughh...

I mean if the Rams also played against the Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins like NE and Dallas does, then would they suddenly be the obvious Super Bowl contenders?
No. Last year we started out with an easy schedule and the media blamed our success on that. Everyone loves to hate us and that's just the way it is sadly.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's a fair argument that we've become spoiled as fans. But at the same time, we've seen what our offense can do with the talent it has

The talent we had. We're missing Saffold, and a Sully who still had another year in the tank this time last year. Whit's a year older too....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's a fair argument that we've become spoiled as fans. But at the same time, we've seen what our offense can do with the talent it has, and we expect them to perform to that level most of the time, whereas they really haven't in three games this year. I think they'll get there eventually, but it's ok to note that they haven't so far.
I hope it's not the Super Bowl hangover... our O didn't perform well there either...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It's a fair argument that we've become spoiled as fans. But at the same time, we've seen what our offense can do with the talent it has, and we expect them to perform to that level most of the time, whereas they really haven't in three games this year. I think they'll get there eventually, but it's ok to note that they haven't so far.
Really, ever since the bye week last year. So yeah. We are worried, because we are looking for adjustment and improvements to put our offense back on track.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Man I've never seen so much put on a team that's 3-0

The Bills and Cowboys and Packers are getting a lot of crap too. It's not just the Rams.

But by the third year it was no longer easy for them. They were getting every teams best.

They went 66-16 which was the best record in the NBA by quite a bit (next closest was 60 games so 6 games ahead of the Thunder), then went 12-4 through the playoffs before beating the best team and best coach of our era in the Finals. They were the 5th best offense and 5th best defense that year.

It was by NBA standards a Patriots style beating of the rest of the NBA. Out of the 4 years the trio of Bosh/Wade/James were together it was for sure their best season.

Now if you want to talk about LeBron's last year in MIA then there is a conversation. Bosh wasn't the same. Age was catching up with Wade. Those two things hurt the defense. They faced the same Spurs and got beaten 4-1.

KayJay

Starter
While I agree, I think we've also become spoiled as fans. I think we expect the Rams to put up 30 every game. Coaches are too smart in the NFL to let that keep happening. Good news is while we tweak our offense our Defense seems to be able to hold their own until they get those things figured out.
Excellent point, which means we are aiming to be an all around team. Rather than just a one trick pony.
The Bills and Cowboys and Packers are getting a lot of crap too. It's not just the Rams.

They went 66-16 which was the best record in the NBA by quite a bit (next closest was 60 games so 6 games ahead of the Thunder), then went 12-4 through the playoffs before beating the best team and best coach of our era in the Finals. They were the 5th best offense and 5th best defense that year.

It was by NBA standards a Patriots style beating of the rest of the NBA. Out of the 4 years the trio of Bosh/Wade/James were together it was for sure their best season.

Now if you want to talk about LeBron's last year in MIA then there is a conversation. Bosh wasn't the same. Age was catching up with Wade. Those two things hurt the defense. They faced the same Spurs and got beaten 4-1.
I think you misunderstand. When I say it wasn't easy for them, I meant they were getting everyone's best every single night. There were times I watched the two previous years, and people were afraid of them. The point is, sometimes you have teams beat before you walk onto the field/court. And all of a sudden the wide margin in which you were dominating teams are no longer there. As time goes on, people start to adjust and make it harder for you to do what you do best. For LeBron, it was forcing him to hit jumpshots. For us, its forcing us into tough situations regarding our scheme. Instead you're dealing with teams that are sick of being dominated by you. If looking at the win and loss column was all it took to convince some on the forum that the Rams issues are slightly overblown, we wouldn't have an issue being 3-0 regardless of how it looks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice, thanks Merlin. My takes are often based on what I see during the game at game speed or from clips in articles or due to Mercury being in retrograde. ;)
My take is usually the same lol. I don't get to actually see what happened until I rewatch it and usually at that point I have to reform my opinions. :LOL:

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
The Browns gave up 43 points to the Titans.
Saints defense is giving up on average 27 points per game
and Panthers are giving up over 21 points per game.

Hardly defensive juggernauts so far this year

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Browns gave up 43 points to the Titans.
Saints defense is giving up on average 27 points per game
and Panthers are giving up over 21 points per game.

Hardly defensive juggernauts so far this year

I don't really care about the stats. Those teams I mentioned have a lot more talented players than the Dolphins, Redskins, and Giants on defense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Really, ever since the bye week last year. So yeah. We are worried, because we are looking for adjustment and improvements to put our offense back on track.

Some of that last year can be attributed to the loss of Kupp, who seems to electromagnetically repel defensive backs when he's running his routes. We only had one game before the bye last year without him, which was the Kansas City game where Goff went off and everybody else stepped up. That was before Matt Patricia pulled the 6-1 D out of his hat that has slowed us down somewhat ever since.

There are a lot of moving parts right now. Adjusting to what teams are doing on D, the aforementioned 6-1 is one of them. Breaking in two new starters on the OL and dealing with injuries to a third is another one. In the end, the O just hasn't fully gelled yet, but I think it's coming.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hope it's not the Super Bowl hangover... our O didn't perform well there either...

I honestly don't think it's that. As I noted in my previous post, there are a number of moving parts that haven't gotten in sync yet. And on the other side of the ball, our D looks like, at worst, a top 5 unit. It might very well be better than that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demby out, Blythe in. Rams running game takes off vs the Buccs.

vxLa1po.gif