OLine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
First off I want to point out that I was unable to watch the game today (as I am in Peru with family for the holidays), so I can't claim to know much about today's game. But from what I heard from today's game, and from the other divisional games I HAVE seen this season, the Rams have lost the battle in the trenches.

Not surprisingly we finished 1-5 in NFC West play. While the DLine can take some of the blame in losses like vs SF, I think the bigger issue this year vs the NFC West was our OL. We were able to pile up sacks and stop the run at times (vs AZ, vs SEA). But keep in mind, our 2 CLOSE NFC West games (win vs AZ & close loss vs SEA) were earlier in the year. When we played the West at their best (vs SF, @ AZ, @ SF, @ SEA) we really failed to dictate those games at the LOS. I know you can also say maybe some of these games would be closer with Sam & 16 weeks of consistency down the OL, but in the end we lost.

Imo these having 2 games vs SF & @ SEA where we went under 30 yds rushing is flat out EMBARRASSING. These SHOULD be sore reminders to Fish that our OL needs work. I posted about my IDEAL OL about a week ago & its becoming apparent resigning Saffold needs to be a priority. Also adding insurance for Long is key too, because it is far from a guarantee he will be ready wk 1. Draft a mauling guard in rounds 2 or 3. I'm tired of being blown of the ball by these DLs, not having time for our QB to throw and our RBs being met just as they're getting the handoffs. (Insert rookie OT), (Insert rookie OG), Barnes, Saffold, Barksdale would be my solution; and when Long is back you play him. Not only does cutting Wells & Dahl open cap, it allows us to resign our most valuable OL & resign vets.

Finally, I hope firing Walton is at least a thought for Fish. Idk if the soft coverage was Walton's idea, or part of Fish's scheme, but Walton hasn't shown me enough to want him to stay around either. Resign JD & add a fat run stuffing DT.

We Rams fans deserve a winner and a PLAYOFF team in 2014!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Saffold has to play guard. We need another guard. Long and Barksdale are decent tackles when healthy. Need depth there though or an upgrade with Jake Matthews on Barksdale. Chris Williams cannot play for us next year. Hes ok in pass pro but gets NO PUSH whatsoever in the running game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have always been a proponent of build a GREAT O line as a base to your team. They are where everything begins with the offense without getting a hole open the greatest running back (insert SJ39) can not reach his potential. Without a O line that can give Sam time he ends up with 2 season ending injuries in 4 years.

With a great O line and Sam Bradford this team can be a winner. With a great defense and average O line they will be average at best.

GSOT is not coming back any time soon but with a great O line a decent running game and Sam Bradford this team can be what we fans want and deserve. A perennial winner

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yea this oline needs a LARGE scale overhaul in starters and depth today's game was even more ridiculous then usual

jap

Legend
Rodger probably could have unearth Mebane had he [Rodger] played guard today. Mebane was collapsing the pocket all game long, stuffing the running game and hurrying Kellen. Hopefully, Barrett Jones will have muscled up enough by next year to be an effective starting guard for us, with the ability to take over at center if Tim Barnes goes down. Assuming Big Bad Jake returns, and Rodger gets signed, we would have:

LT: Jake
LG: Barrett
C: Tim
RG: Rodger
RT: Joe Barksdale

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes, jones needs to hit the gym and get rid of all his baby fat. The rams will make sure he looks the part by the time next season rolls up.

Saffold is a must re sign at guard. If the rams are serious about taking the next step they must make it happen and only play him at guard.

Oline should be a priority in the Draft. Target a couple of guys and make sure they get them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Rodger limping off this week reminded everyone his injury history and knocked his contract down to earth again.