Old Boys Network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Per a SB Nation article John Fox reached out to Jeff Fisher for advice on how to handle a rookie franchise Quarterback.
Just let that sink in.
Would love to heard that conversation.....
"First, surround him with marginal coaching talent, then.....and this is key, don't let them do their thing."
Yikes John Fox.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Per a SB Nation article John Fox reached out to Jeff Fisher for advice on how to handle a rookie franchise Quarterback.
Just let that sink in.
Would love to heard that conversation.....
"First, surround him with marginal coaching talent, then.....and this is key, don't let them do their thing."
Yikes John Fox.

John Fox should be calling up for his former OC, Adam Gase, and taking copious notes on how to handle a QB. I don't know what these coaches are thinking at times.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Asking Fisher," How do I handle a rookie QB?", is like asking your accountant how to perform an appendectomy.

TexasRam

Legend
I actually overheard Fisher's response as he was behind me in a sports bar.

Fisher: Listen closely Foxy. Run that ball and don't let the QB throw. If you run the ball and play defense you are guaranteed to win 7-9 games every year. That will be enough to milk the organization for 3-4 years while you collect your millions for retirement. Are you getting what the hell I am saying? And if you get lucky enough to make it to a super bowl you can ride this formula for dam near 20 years!! HAHAHA!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

trubisky said during the on stage interview that the first he knew that he was picked at #2 was when the commissioner called out his name. can you believe that shit? could that possibly be true?

what on earth is happening at the bears?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
590784783921c985536273.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Think I saw Trubiskys wonderlic....it was 21.....

and I really like Mitch's film....foot speed...and the way he went through his progressions.

That arm strength tho:eek:

But....John Fox can coach.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

trubisky said during the on stage interview that the first he knew that he was picked at #2 was when the commissioner called out his name. can you believe that crap? could that possibly be true?

what on earth is happening at the bears?

RotoWorld :

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "things are not great between" Bears GM Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, and the situation "reached a nadir" in Thursday night's decision to pay a ransom for Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2 overall.

"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said one NFL executive whose team is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. ... From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox." La Canfora suggests the Bears are already eyeballing coaching candidates for the future, namely Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. The in-fighting in Chicago could conceivably lead to Trubisky seeing the field long before he's ready.
Source: CBS Sports

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
We don't want this. We want the bears to succeed, and therefore minimize the draft capital the 9ers have. However, I don't have much hope for that the way things are going.

Ants

Starter
Pardon my ignorance, but which one of those gentlemen was in the "pro-Trubkisky" camp?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My take...

Fox asks Fish how to develop the rookie QB.

Fox takes that information into his offensive coaches and screams the following... "Don't do any of this shit. That is step one."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could see Foxy wanting to know some lessons learned from Fish, and God knows he'd have to have a big ass notepad handy since Fish made just about every mistake you could make with the exception of playing him early.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This will be the last year that John Fox is an NFL Head Coach!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This will be the last year that John Fox is an NFL Head Coach!

When you reach out to Fisher on how to handle a rookie quarterback, you should not even start the season as coach. Unless he figures he needs to do the opposite of what Fisher says. :eek: