OL Snap Count %s Show The Story of the Offense's Collapse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Sometimes, numbers don't lie. Here are the OL snap count %s from 2021 and this year (opening day starters in bold).

David Edwards 99.63
Austin Corbett 99.17
Rob Havenstein 87.79
Andrew Whitworth 85.03
Brian Allen 82.92

(All others under 20%: Coleman Shelton 19.74, Joe Noteboom 15.89, Bobby Evans 8.26, A.J. Jackson 5.6)

Rob Havenstein 99.28

AJ Jackson 75.76
Joe Noteboom 58.35
Bobby Evans 48.83
Coleman Shelton 45.42
Brian Allen 43.35
David Edwards 41.29

Jeremiah Kolone 33.75
Chandler Brewer 21.01
Oday Aboushi 20.47

(Also Ty Nsekhe 12.21, Tremayne Anchrum 0.36)

We can talk about being top heavy, not having enough pass rushers and a whole host of issues. In the end, though, the numbers posted above show the reason for the collapse of the offense and the downfall of our defending champions. No team could survive this complete lack of OL continuity.

Sometimes, you're just snake bit by injuries.

Last edited:

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
AV - just a heads up, the stats aren’t showing on my end.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry... hit the send button too soon. They're up now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's the Offensive Line and I better see it addressed in the offseason plus I want a new OL Coach and Assistant OL Coach too.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sometimes, numbers don't lie. Here are the OL snap count %s from 2021 and this year (opening day starters in bold).

David Edwards 99.63
Austin Corbett 99.17
Rob Havenstein 87.79
Andrew Whitworth 85.03
Brian Allen 82.92

(All others under 20%: Coleman Shelton 19.74, Joe Noteboom 15.89, Bobby Evans 8.26, A.J. Jackson 5.6)

Rob Havenstein 99.28

AJ Jackson 75.76
Joe Noteboom 58.35
Bobby Evans 48.83
Coleman Shelton 45.42
Brian Allen 43.35
David Edwards 41.29

Jeremiah Kolone 33.75
Chandler Brewer 21.01
Oday Aboushi 20.47

(Also Ty Nsekhe 12.21)

We can talk about being top heavy, not having enough pass rushers and a whole host of issues. In the end, though, the numbers posted above show the reason for the collapse of the offense and the downfall of our defending champions. No team could survive this complete lack of OL continuity.

Sometimes, you're just snake bit by injuries.

I don't want to pretend there are not other problems that need to be addressed this offseason, with urgency, but the injury bug on the OL is definitely problem #1. We'd probably have a winning record if we just had continuity on the OL right now, even with the other problems we have.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Interesting question I have is, has any coach figured out how to play winning football with the line problems we have in the past. Anyone know of a team that was able to do that? If not, then how would you proceed to turn things around?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Every year there is no bigger concern than health. I don’t think the extra games going to the super bowl had any affect. I do think complacency and distraction play into it but, bad luck and bad decisions (Allen putting off a procedure) are the biggest things when it comes to these injuries.

Bruss was just a freak accident, hopefully he fully recovers. Havenstein is still a rock and hopefully has a few more years.

The other three spots need attention, maybe Jackson is a good swing OT. Maybe Allen is a starter with above average help beside him. The rest of the positions need to be scrutinized but they aren’t replacing 5 or 6 guys along the OL in one year.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Interesting question I have is, has any coach figured out how to play winning football with the line problems we have in the past. Anyone know of a team that was able to do that? If not, then how would you proceed to turn things around?
Not a regular occurrence for sure, but I seem to recall hearing about the Cheatriots and Giants doing ok a few years back with Frankenstein o-lines.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a regular occurrence for sure, but I seem to recall hearing about the Cheatriots and Giants doing ok a few years back with Frankenstein o-lines.
I don't know...

I'd say our situation is Abby Normal.

Tano

Legend
Lolololol. You have to laugh at this point
That's exactly what I told my co-worker 10 minutes ago

Other co-workers are saying - it's just not your season

At least you won the superbowl last season

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Wow, we lost 2 more solid OL. There is almost no way we can avoid the horrendous Evans getting back in the game.

The OL injuries is the #1 reason our season has gone to shit, and I don't think its close. If our offense was even partially humming as well as it was last year with OL blocking for them, we could easily be above .500 right now and a healthy Stafford (which might lead to a healthy Kupp). The problem, however, is not something we can really prevent or plan for. Sure, you can get OL depth, but, at some point, you run out of roster spots for the depth, which we essentially have.

Tano

Legend
Wow, we lost 2 more solid OL. There is almost no way we can avoid the horrendous Evans getting back in the game.

The OL injuries is the #1 reason our season has gone to shit, and I don't think its close. If our offense was even partially humming as well as it was last year with OL blocking for them, we could easily be above .500 right now and a healthy Stafford (which might lead to a healthy Kupp). The problem, however, is not something we can really prevent or plan for. Sure, you can get OL depth, but, at some point, you run out of roster spots for the depth, which we essentially have.
We have had almost 10 OL go down with injuries this year - that is just too many to recover from

And now no Kupp who was 80% of our offense

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Unreal. Now Jackson is out for the year and Brewer is also out long term. Has there ever been a team with this many man games lost to injury on the o-line? The Rams had been very lucky for several years, avoiding injuries in the trenches. It seems that luck has run out... wow.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's the Offensive Line and I better see it addressed in the offseason plus I want a new OL Coach and Assistant OL Coach too.
Yeah I suspect you're gonna get your wish. Samples is as good as gone too. I'd also fire Brown if it was me, as I am beyond pissed off at the handling of the RB position going back and they ignored the TE position this past offseason as well.

Heads need to roll. This is going to be his most challenging offseason with the roster and staff if he elects to return.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rob Havenstein at positional meetings this morning.

awkward pulp fiction GIF