OL Coleman Shelton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So none of the guys the Rams cut are better than a guy Arizona cut?
Could be a scheme fit, he might not fit what they want to do but he works with us. Plus it could be a guy the wanted back just needed a roster spot for something, like us with Demby.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What people forget is that for most, they aren’t naturally 300+ lbers. They NEED those calories and under NCAA rules, they have to rely on the school and the school is under stupid restrictions, so many of the biggest bodies have to supplement with trash calories which don’t yield solid net gains in the weight room.

When players get to the NFL, as much as the workouts change, the diet changes DRASTICALLY and allows for much better body mass ratios and more lean muscle.

Some of these guys who aren’t natural 300+ lbers can need upwards of 10k calories to maintain their strength. Some strongmen and powerlifters consume over 12k calories. The NCAA has been so bad about nutrition while expecting these kids to perform like pros that as recently as last year, iirc, one of the Duke players complained about being hungry. AT THE TOURNAMENT!!!

So, I don’t hold against guys if they have the work ethic and just aren’t seeing the results. Some of this is structural.

Yes and no. There are college lineman who put on good weight and come into the NFL as good starters immediately. I think it has more to do with body type. Some guys can't seem to put weight on or gain strength. Others can without much trouble.

My brother never had any difficulty putting on good weight. He was always country strong and in high school he looked like the hulk. I ate just as much as he did, maybe more, but I could never gain muscle mass like he could. We ate at the same table. My Mom wasn't cooking to develop elite athletes. It was regular average American dinners that we ate in the 80's and 90's. My friends couldn't believe how much food I could eat, but I never gained weight. I took all of the supplements, protein powders etc,... and my brother took none of them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What about Dallas cowboys last years starting center Joe Looney? He is an eight yr veteran who started all 16 games for Dallas last season .

JL entered the NFL 2012 Draft, Round 4, #117 overall (49ers) Played 3 seasons for the 9ers then was cut joined WWC till TN Titans sined him for the 2015 season. Then signed a 4 yr contract witht e Cowboys. JL is in his last season with Dallas. Dallas needs to find cap space in order to pay the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper. Moving Looney would free up roughly $1.6 million. Rams might be able to afford that.

Dallas could use a 2nd wide out real bad maybe the Rams can make them an offer in trade with one of ours not named Woods or Kupp?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What about Dallas cowboys last years starting center Joe Looney? He is an eight yr veteran who started all 16 games for Dallas last season .

No because I get confused and can't figure out if Joe Looney is James Loney (Dodgers) or Kevon Looney (Warriors)...It's enough to drive a man batty!