Okay, so what conclusions can be made for the final 53 after 3 preseason games?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
So much is still up in the air on this loaded roster, but here are a few of my impressions as to players that have made the 53...

In no particular order, btw.

Both Allen and Wolford have flashed. Each might be nice to have for backup next year after Bortles’ departure. Neither will make the 53, but practice squad? Hopefully one could stick there.

Kelly has locked up that 4th RB position.

Mundt will be our 3rd TE again this year. The rookies have been disappointments.

Thomas and Hodge have both impressed and I can’t see the Rams letting either get away. The WR depth on this team is just sick and there will be heartbreaking cuts in 7 days. Several Ram cuts will be on other NFL rosters. Kudos to the Ram WR coaches. Smh.

Obo and Patrick will not only make the 53, but will see significant snaps this season. Ebu better play very effectively when he sees the field early this year or he could be soon riding the pine. Both Obo and Patrick can PLAY at this level. Very, very nice “problem” to have.

It looks like Hager has been handed the starting job, but his hold on it might not be all that secure. Allen looks like an instinctive player that just keeps making play after play. I could actually see Allen maybe be starting by game 6 or so. I’m serious.

Peterson is a better CB than Troy Hill. And how can the Rams keep Hill and cut a Darious Williams, contract or no contract? Especially with both Talib and Peters in their final contract year? Gotta look at the long range Big Picture here, y’all. Sigh...

Nick Scott has made the 53. Heck, he made it on draft day, lol. Also, I think Steven Parker is now 50-50 to make the 53. Sorry, Christian.

Still one week to go in the preseason, so stay tuned. That DL bottom depth is still kinda murky to me, for example. But the above seem quite likely to me at this point, anyway.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Nick Scott has made the 53. Heck, he made it on draft day, lol. Also, I think Steven Parker is now 50-50 to make the 53. Sorry, Christian.
Did Christian even dress? I really don't like Christian but I have this feeling he makes the team:cry:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
There are going to be some tough decisions.

Thomas, Hodge, Webster (return ability)

There was one punt that Scott was the gunner that had me absolutely stunned, he was multiple steps in front of the blocker.

Howard and Allen both flashed at linebacker and they even had Howard playing some safety.

Obo and Patrick once again showed. I did feel like Obo tried the inside spin move a little too often.

The secondary has guys making plays. Steven Parker has flashed in every game as well as Kevin Pedersen and Darious Williams.

Greg Gaines looked like a handful when he was in there.

Wolford is really really fun to watch play. I think his height and launch point hold him back.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I have been a fan of Peterson I cant see how they cut him or Williams. But with Hill not playing at all this preseason it would be unfair to cut him without giving him an opportunity to prove himself so I think he is safe and the 6 and probably final db spot is going to be between Williams and Peterson.

I dont think Peterson is eligible for the practice squad anymore so I think that that factors into the decision.

I think that either at DB or WR we will carry 7 players. I just dont know which yet