Ojinnaka says hes no longer on the team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
He's our worst offensive lineman (probably the worst in the league) and there IS NO WAY any other team will pick him up. So if we get 2 more offensive linemen hurt and are screwed we can just bring him back in. But hopefully that won't happen. I'll be anxious to hear about how Smith was. I'm guessing he was at least solid since the Rams didn't waste any time dumping Ojinnaka. Plus we still have Tim Barnes as a back-up center-guard. I think if Smith has some talent, and he likely does, this regime will turn him into a solid player for us.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonderboy said:
He's our worst offensive lineman (probably the worst in the league) and there IS NO WAY any other team will pick him up. So if we get 2 more offensive linemen hurt and are screwed we can just bring him back in. But hopefully that won't happen. I'll be anxious to hear about how Smith was. I'm guessing he was at least solid since the Rams didn't waste any time dumping Ojinnaka. Plus we still have Tim Barnes as a back-up center-guard. I think if Smith has some talent, and he likely does, this regime will turn him into a solid player for us.

Didnt Barksdale also have experience playing Guard at Oakland? He could backup there when Hunter is healthy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Wonderboy said:
Was...was. I wish the guy well, he was a great guy with his fans. Football was his way of supporting himself. I don't know what happened this year, but he did struggle here. I hope he finds something else that he will succeed at. Do I want him back here?? No.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Here's a tweet about Shelly Smith:

The #Rams have definitely found their new LG, for now at least. @PFF had him graded out as a +1.3. Shelley Smith only allowed one QB hurry.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He wants to go into pro 'rasslin. Good luck w/ that.

I hope Saffold comes back after London.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Wonderboy said:
Was...was. I wish the guy well, he was a great guy with his fans. Football was his way of supporting himself. I don't know what happened this year, but he did struggle here. I hope he finds something else that he will succeed at. Do I want him back here?? No.

How will Bradford remember the Moose years?.....On his back looking up at the lights in the dome.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Wonderboy said:
Well said Doc, I for one am greatful that he was available when we needed someone desperately.

bluecoconuts

Legend
iBruce said:
Here's a tweet about Shelly Smith:

The #Rams have definitely found their new LG, for now at least. @PFF had him graded out as a +1.3. Shelley Smith only allowed one QB hurry.

Good news, should be good for depth in the future when people start to get healthy again.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good luck to Ojinnaka. It wasn't going to work here this time either.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
Why was Shelly Smith available? What's the scoop on him?
He was part of a pretty darn good line in Houston, they kind of brought him along. Drafted in 2010, ended up on their practice squad that year and then made the active roster. In 2011 in training camp had a leg injury and was put on the IR.

When he became available, or was waived, most people thought he was waived because they had a OT injury and needed a swing tackle on their roster, I think 3 or 4 teams tried to pick him up. By all accounts he played really well in the preseason. Of course, we had the highest waiver claim, and he was awarded to us.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Wonderboy said:
I agree. The guy did work hard, and he was great with the fans. However, it was clear that he was our worst Olineman. While I don't rejoice at his departure, I am glad that we found someone who could replace him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good luck Ojinnaka - sure Moose will be popping up at a wrestling ring sooner rather than later!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't have an issue with Moose as a person. He was pretty cool. As a player? Not so much. But that's fine. Doesn't always work out for everybody.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I didn't have an issue with Moose as a person. He was pretty cool. As a player? Not so much. But that's fine. Doesn't always work out for everybody.

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Hey, X. Do you have the profootballfocus rankings? I was interested in how they rated Smith and Barksdale. I thought someone posted something on Smith the other day, but I searched and couldn't find it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah when I get home.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
9fb85b3aeca0411fa2af28c.png

681628e64949490086b050b.png