Oh here we go!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam? Yeah I think he does have the ability to play. Tebow? Nah.

I did think its was bullcrap when Dungy was saying he would give Ray Rice another chance. Total crock of crap, talking distractions, then saying Rice and Vick should play. If Sam never came out, I think he's on a roster though.

I don't want to get into a full blown Tebow debate but the guy started 16 total games in 2011 and 2012 counting the playoffs. This is what he did:
185/399
46.4%
2833 passing yards
7.1 YPA
18 TDs
9 Ints
75.9 QB Rating
167 rushes
923 rushing yards
10 rushing TDs
Team Record: 9-7

Look, I'm not saying Tebow should start but he definitely gives teams a better chance at winning than a number of backup QBs in this league. He's a flawed passer but so is Kaepernick and you see what Kaepernick's legs do for him. Not to say Tebow is nearly as good of a passer as Kaepernick but still. The guy gives a NFL team a better chance to win than a Jimmy Clausen, a Matt Simms, or a Brandon Weeden.

And Tebow being a distraction isn't the only reason but it is a reason.

bluecoconuts

Legend
His baggage is definitely a reason, but at QB I don't think he has the skillset needed to play. Backup, maybe, if he changed position, sure. I don't think Kaepernick is a good QB either, but he's got more talent than Tebow.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Surprised that it hasn't been brought up sooner...because it's absolutely true.

You can't tell me that douchebags like Rice, Hardy, McDonald, and Peterson can still find jobs in the NFL, while a guy who could easily fit as a rotational defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, has zero character issues, and won the SEC Defensive Player of the Year can't find a job anywhere.

Let's not kid ourselves: it's because he's gay, and because there are a lot of Americans who still live in the Stone Age.

Westbrooks beat him out for the job though, we all saw it...

fearsomefour

Legend
That's all I'm saying. Michael Sam and Tim Tebow should be in the NFL right now. They deserve it over a lot of other players, but because they bring so-called controversy that they didn't ask for, they don't have jobs. Which is really a damned shame.
So you are saying Sam isn't getting a shot because he is gay and Tebow is not getting a shot because he is an outspoken Christian?
Doesn't make a lot of sense there.
Tebow cannot pass at the NFL level....Denver, Jets, NE....teams need QBs. He would bring plenty of good press and jersey sales etc to a team....he just cannot do it at the NFL level, multiple teams have agreed on this.
Sam has very little change of direction skills. He is a one directional player, this limits what he can do. If he was taller and heavier and possessed the same skills I have no doubt he would be on an NFL team. He may still find a spot but he needs to address his physical limitations. If he, however, goes the cheap route and decides to be a supposed martyr of some kind he will never get another shot.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That's too bad that he felt the need to come out and say this - I think this hurts both his cause and his personal chances of actually making it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
When did I ever lump other forum members into that remark? Was I talking about any of you specifically? NO! I respect you guys and this forum too much to do that. But yes, there are quite a few people - not people on this forum, but others - who still think that being gay is a "disease" that can be "cured".

And yes, I did give you proof. Even the kids who win the Heisman or whatever award there is still get chances that Sam never got. The DPOYs in the SEC were all first rounders except for Ryans and Lavalais. How do you explain the Cowboys never putting him on the 53 man roster when they had injuries and overall ineffectiveness on their D-line?
You ever think there are things aabout Sam you ddon't know. Dallas needed a defensive aaddition bad yet ewhat they saw from him tthey never even pulled him up from practice ssquad one wwould think had tthis been due to oorientation 1 tthey would never have ppicked him up. 2 if he was good enough Jones would have forced it due tooorientation he loved the aattention it would have brought

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
That's too bad that he felt the need to come out and say this - I think this hurts both his cause and his personal chances of actually making it.
This has been the intent from the get go. If he had not been drafted we would have heard this then

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This has been the intent from the get go. If he had not been drafted we would have heard this then

I don't think he has a well thought out strategy. He is a fringe nfl talent who happens to be gay. I'm still rooting for him - but I think he is probably getting some bad advice.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't think he has a well thought out strategy. He is a fringe nfl talent who happens to be gay. I'm still rooting for him - but I think he is probably getting some bad advice.
It may be bad advice but he's ffollowing it. If it wwasn't the intent what is the purposevcoffee coming out right before the draft.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It may be bad advice but he's ffollowing it. If it wwasn't the intent what is the purposevcoffee coming out right before the draft.

I take him at his word when he says he figured it was going to come out thru the draft process - we all know it would have - and he wanted to do it on his terms.