Oh Finny......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
From Peter King's MMQB

-I think under the category of “Contracts They’d Love To Have Back,” I give you Cortland Finnegan, the 108th- and lowest-rated cornerback in the NFL after 11 weeks, according to ProFootballFocus.com. The Rams paid him $50 million over five years in 2012, and place him on injured-reserve Saturday … after he’d allowed 76.5 percent of the passes to his men to be complete, and allowed opposing quarterbacks a 136.0 rating on passes thrown in his area. Finnegan’s due $26 million in his last three years, including a $3 million roster guarantee next year, so you can bet the Rams will try to make him take a financial haircut next spring.

At this point i'd rather get rid of him in the offseason and have th $6 million cap hit instaed of paying him $10 mil. Can use that $4 mil to bring in a FA who won't grade dead last at there position. (is my math right?)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Fans grow attached to players but Finny is stinking up the house and needs to move on. Doesn't mean he's not a good guy. It's a game and you gotta play well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fans grow attached to players but Finny is stinking up the house and needs to move on. Doesn't mean he's not a good guy. It's a game and you gotta play well.

Yup, as a person i love Finny, and had hoped he be great for us, just hasn't happened.

I wonder if Fisher will give him a pass this year though since his eye injury came in week 4(I believe).

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I fear that Fisher is too close to him to cut him...I sure hope not, he is robbing us blind

CoachO

Hall of Fame
or just maybe, he has been trying to play through injuries since the middle of LAST YEAR....

Not saying I have any inside knowledge one way or another, but he has been "banged up" since last year, and yet has been on the field whenever possible. He just played through an orbital fracture that impaired his vision since week 4. Sounds to me like someone who will sacrifice himself in order to be there on Sunday, and it no doubt affected his performance.

He came out of training camp with a hamstring issue, and that also impacted his performance. That they had no better options is more on the organization than on the player. I will be the first to say, that if he indeed "done", then its time to move on. But I'm not so sure that is the case just yet.

I will be shocked given the relationship between he and Fisher, if Courtland Finnegan is sent packing before training camp next year, and will be given the opportunity to come back with something to prove.

V3

Hall of Fame
or just maybe, he has been trying to play through injuries since the middle of LAST YEAR....

Not saying I have any inside knowledge one way or another, but he has been "banged up" since last year, and yet has been on the field whenever possible. He just played through an orbital fracture that impaired his vision since week 4. Sounds to me like someone who will sacrifice himself in order to be there on Sunday, and it no doubt affected his performance.

He came out of training camp with a hamstring issue, and that also impacted his performance. That they had no better options is more on the organization than on the player. I will be the first to say, that if he indeed "done", then its time to move on. But I'm not so sure that is the case just yet.

I will be shocked given the relationship between he and Fisher, if Courtland Finnegan is sent packing before training camp next year, and will be given the opportunity to come back with something to prove.

To me, there's little difference between a player that just isn't that good anymore and a player that can't stay healthy. Neither will help you. Factor in that HORRID contract and it hurts the team even more.

Also, I never heard any mention of him being injured last year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
To me, there's little difference between a player that just isn't that good anymore and a player that can't stay healthy. Neither will help you. Factor in that HORRID contract and it hurts the team even more.

Also, I never heard any mention of him being injured last year.

He had a leg injury from the middle of the season on. He was relegated to the Nickel role for much of the latter parts of the season because of it.

I know I am in the minority here, and that is fine. But I just don't think he is done. I think there are circumstances that none of us are aware of, and he will be back next year with a chip on his shoulder, and something to prove.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fisher might like the guy; but it's Kroenke's money.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The question is would you pay Justin King that much $$$$$$ ?
Because that's his level of play were getting.
Cut him and move on.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I thought I read somewhere that Cortland actually rents a room from Fish in Fish's house. So basically they live together ? Anybody else read this ??

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I thought I read somewhere that Cortland actually rents a room from Fish in Fish's house. So basically they live together ? Anybody else read this ??

Are you suggesting they are lovers? :cheese:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Are you suggesting they are lovers? :cheese:

:lol:

No, not that. Just wondering if I only imagined reading that, or if I really did see that somewhere.

I'm positive that if he does rent space from Fish, it's not like they're sharing a 4 bedroom house or anything. I do find it interesting if he is living "with" his HC though. Not just any player would be offered that option. Kind of gives us a little peek into just how close a relationship those two share. If it's even true of course.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maybe thats how he injured his eye, a mustache ride gone wrong....lol

I KID!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My guess or gut feeling is Finn will be in camp next season. I don't know the drop dead date as far as the contract goes concerning a cap hit but I think he is given a chance. If he is there, you will know the coaching staff believes some injuries have affected his play this season.

V3

Hall of Fame
Fisher might like the guy; but it's Kroenke's money.

It might be Kroenke's money but Fisher signed a contract that said he pretty much gets to do whatever he wants as long as it fits the cap.

V3

Hall of Fame
My guess or gut feeling is Finn will be in camp next season. I don't know the drop dead date as far as the contract goes concerning a cap hit but I think he is given a chance. If he is there, you will know the coaching staff believes some injuries have affected his play this season.

That or that the coach is blinded by his loyalty. I've seen blind loyalty from too many coaches to think that Fisher is above it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That or that the coach is blinded by his loyalty. I've seen blind loyalty from too many coaches to think that Fisher is above it.
Yeah, that goes on but something tells me this coaching staff is old enough, experienced enough to whisper in Fisher's ear if that time comes. I think Finn will get a fair shake at being a player and maybe a more than fair shake at retiring and becoming a coach.